What is your all-time favorite class?

Started by TripleX, July 06, 2003, 05:33:15 PM

I -love- playing pickpockets and burglars, get the adrenaline rush when you type the command: "steal sword human" .... I LOVE IT!

I think burglars are the coolest class in Armageddon  :D

What do you think?

Whirans and Drovians.  I really hope I get to play one someday.   :D

elven mindbender....;)
Veteran Newbie

I've always had a huge interest in Rukkians, but never got a chance to play one. I've played two warriors (including my current characters). They're not exciting, I guess, but being super-beefed up lets you see some of the world that's too dangerous for others.

I played a pickpocket for my first character. He was terribly short-lived, but I'd like to a similar character agian. He was fun while he lasted, which was under two hours, heh.
EvilRoeSlade wrote:
QuoteYou find a bulbous root sac and pick it up.
You shout, in sirihish:
"I HAVE A BULBOUS SAC"
QuoteA staff member sends:
     "You are likely dead."

An assassin starts to become amazingly fun after about 15-20 days of play time. They are the most fun for me.
It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Sorcerers... As long as your a mul.

Assassin/Physician... For half-giants.

Warrior/Thug... For halflings.

And my all time favorite Class...

Fat Ass Merchant... For the elves.
21sters Unite!

Rangers rock!  They get all the food and water they want for free.  (Provided it's in the North.)  :D
Quote from: AnaelYou know what I love about the word panic?  In Czech, it's the word for "male virgin".

Rangers rock. They're the assassins of the wilderness.

Good old human warrior, pure and simple.  You own the world.  You go anywhere you want.  You don't deal with anyone's shit.  Nothing beats the freedom of being a mean son-of-a-bitch Allanaki or Red Stormer bad ass warrior.  I can say that my warriors have the greatest adventures by far.  One guy was everything from a spy, to a scout, a leader, an assassin, and a bounty hunter.  You name it, he tried it.  Killing raiders, avenging friends, assaulting half-giants, hunting down magikers, dodging some filthy northerner launched arrows, and always being on the run from one templar or another.  There is just such a great freedom in knowing that once you pull out a pair of weapons it is going to take a small army to bring you down - and god damn it, someone is going to die before you do.  It lets you be as much of an asshole as you want, because unless they have a half a dozen half-giant guards or a few magikers, you know you can manhandle them long before any guards can pull you away.  And hey, if things ever get really bad, no worries, just jump onto your kank, cut a swath through the hostiles of the deserts, and start trouble in another town.

Rangers Rangers Rangers.

But I'm just not cool enough to do it well.

Gonna hafta go with either burglar or assassin.  Sorry, no one beats the stealthy bastards :P

Burglars are too well-rounded to be ignored.  You can do basically anything.
She wasn't doing a thing that I could see, except standing there leaning on the balcony railing, holding the universe together. --J.D. Salinger

When making social characters I love being a burglar. Not because I have my char being a thief, but because of all the other skills they get  :twisted:

The most interesting classes to me are the ones I haven't played yet (which is most of them).   I very much enjoyed both times playing a pickpocket, though.
"No live organism can continue for long to exist sanely under conditions of absolute reality; even larks and katydids are supposed, by some, to dream." - Shirley Jackson, The Haunting of Hill House

Most fun, ranger, best all around, even when making noble or socialite.

Second, HG ruk...not going to say why though.
A gaunt, yellow-skinned gith shrieks in fear, and hauls ass.
Lizzie:
If you -want- me to think that your character is a hybrid of a black kryl and a white push-broom shaped like a penis, then you've done a great job

I have to save, nothin tweaks my cookies like a psionicist. The raw power of bieng able to contact almost anyone, almost instantly with a strange power known as the way. Then send messages to thier head.

A foreign presence contacts your mind

You cant tell who sends this message!
"Hey doo doo head!"

You cant tell who sends this message!
"haha"

A foreign presence withdraws from your mind.

You squint your eyes, looking about angrilly

The funny little cowered man chuckles at his table by the back of the room
A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic.  Zalanthas is Armageddon.

Humans, city elves, any non-magicker class but merchant.

Nilazi looks cool, but I never tried it.
Varak:You tell the mangy, pointy-eared gortok, in sirihish: "What, girl? You say the sorceror-king has fallen down the well?"
Ghardoan:A pitiful voice rises from the well below, "I've fallen and I can't get up..."

My two favorites are burglars and Rukkians.

Burglars: Are extremely flexible in how you can play them.

Rukkians: Easily self-sufficient and are easy loner pc's to play other than rangers.

Rangers, just rangers.

-Myrdryn
-- Person A OOCs: I totally forgot if everyone is okay with the adult-rated emotes and so forth?

-- Person B OOCs: Does this count as sex or torture? I can't tell.

-- Person A OOCs: I'm going to flip coins now to decide.

Ranger, with burglar running a close second.
Quote from: tapas on December 04, 2017, 01:47:50 AM
I think we might need to change World Discussion to Armchair Zalanthan Anthropology.

I still want to play a HG Whiran/Con-artist
Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.

Well.  I haven't made my fire elementalist/thug yet.  But it sounds good.  What could be better than an violent criminal with a penchant for arson?
quote="Larrath"]"On the 5th day of the Ascending Sun, in the Month of Whira's Very Annoying And Nearly Unreachable Itch, Lord Templar Mha Dceks set the Barrel on fire. The fire was hot".[/quote]

Assassin, SO far in the lead.  They're tough to start out, but then.... drool.  So flexible, and so powerful.  I love the sneakiness, too.  Burglars/pickpockets come next, for me.

As far as classes go, I would say whirans and sorcs are a tie for me for first.

As far as characters I've had go, a human warrior and HG Rukkian were probably up there.
Evolution ends when stupidity is no longer fatal."

Rangers.  

But a tough dwarf warrior kicks ass.  Not too many people mess with you.
harlie Bucket: Mr. Wonka, they won't really be burned in the furnace, will they?
Willy Wonka: Well, I think that furnace is only lit every other day, so they have a good sporting chance, haven't they?