Yet another Master Crafting Question

Started by tortall, March 09, 2010, 10:24:41 PM

I've asked a few players about this, and there seems to be a bit of confusion.

When creating a master crafted item, can it be actually CRAFTABLE as well?

When creating a master crafted item, can there be MORE THAN ONE of said item?

When creating a master crafted item, can you make it craftable for a specific clan?

When creating a master crafter item, can you make it -sellable- by just one clan?(ie, it's a Seik special item, and Kadius/Salarr/Kurac can never sell it. Have to find Seik PC)

Here are some differing opinions I found:

http://www.zalanthas.org/gdb/index.php/topic,36428.0.html

Quote from: NyrMaster crafters make one-time, high-quality items.  There is no list for this, it is dependent on what skill you are a master crafter in and your own imagination, barring anachronisms and things you do not have materials for.  There may be other exceptions.  Contact your local staff member for details.

http://www.zalanthas.org/gdb/index.php/topic,37859.0.html

Highlights of question:

Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion6) If I'm in a clan/tribe can I create clan/tribe recipes for anyone with the specific skill in that clan or tribe? (ie, my Guild mastercrafter makes a recipe for pointy heart-seeking, mantis-head pommeled +backstabbing super knives, and now any assassin/weaponcrafter in the Guild can make them, but an unclanned weaponcrafter can't.)

7) I read that a mastercraft is supposed to be 'art', however, can I use it to create general recipes (usable by any crafter with the skill) if they're fairly mundane? (ie, rather than using it to make a recipe for snarling gimpka super-masks so that clanned warriors everywhere have something else to wear at virtually every waking moment to convey their bad-assness to the rest of us, I could make something much more simple and useful to the every day commoner

Answer:

QuotePending clarification from someone ranking higher than me:

1) If you think you're close, you can email your staff for verification of mastercraft status.
2) Merchants, merchants, and merchants.
3) I don't believe lumberjacking is a candidate for mastercrafting. I believe all other crafting skills are.
4) As many as you can master.
5) It's always best to communicate with your staff prior to mastercrafting, as they will determine the time, cost, and effort that will go into the attempt, as well as the viability of your attempt.
6) It is possible, keeping #5 in mind.
7) It is possible, keeping #5 in mind.

http://www.zalanthas.org/gdb/index.php/topic,11145.msg108788.html#msg108788

Specifically:

Quote from: Sanvean3) Master crafters can, if their skill is sufficiently high, create one special item for that skill. You may submit only one TOTAL of these special items per month. They should be sent to mud@armageddon.org; please confirm that your skill is sufficiently high in that area before submitting the item, which must include a crafting recipe for the item (which can be restricted by clan). Be aware that it may take up to a month for the crafting array to be implemented.

I was talking about mastercrafting with a friend, and he told me that mastercrafted items are one item only things. The player in question asked their imms for a food item to be mastercrafted, but it was turned down because there could only ever be ONE of said food item ever. Thus defeating the purpose of said food item.

If it is true that you can only ever have one of said item, why is this the case? It's already in the database, and the work has already been done.

I would greatly appreciate it if a Producer could answer this question as well as anyone else willing to tackle it. Sometimes different imms have different ideas on what the case is, and I'd like a definitive answer that I can point back to if such an issue comes up again. Thanks in advance!
The man asks you:
     "'Bout damn time, lol.  She didn't bang you up too bad, did she?"
The man says, ooc:
     "OG did i jsut do that?"

Quote from: Shalooonsh
I love the players of this game.
That's not a random thought either.

In the future please email in questions of this length.  On the whole everything you asked here are questions that should be directed to the clan staff at the time of creation.

Can it be craftable - it depends. If you are making something that could feasibly craftable, if you are willing to create the crafting recipe AND your clan staff are willing to implement said craft. If it's an item made or rare materials, or meant to be a unique design, it will not be craftable. All other instances should be discussed with clan staff at the time of creation.

Can there be more than one - I don't know what you mean. Can you make an item and have multiple copies of it? Sure, this will, much like number one, depend on what your clan staff says.

Specific for a clan - Yes. Most items that a character creates while in a GMH are made for the house, they become part of that house's database (unless they are unique).

Sellable by clan - No. That's not codedly possible. Only if the item is blacklisted and we aren't going to go to the effort of listing one item on every single npc seller in the game.

Please note that while these answers here are general guidelines it is still up to the discretion of the clan staff putting the master craft item in to play. They will tell you if something is appropriate or not. On the whole the master craft system is just that. A system for those pcs of high and special skill who, in general, are creating high quality one off items.
"It doesn't matter what country someone's from, or what they look like, or the color of their skin. It doesn't matter what they smell like, or that they spell words slightly differently, some would say more correctly." - Jemaine Clement. FOTC.

Quote from: tortall on March 09, 2010, 10:24:41 PM

Sometimes different imms have different ideas on what the case is, and I'd like a definitive answer that I can point back to if such an issue comes up again. Thanks in advance!

This isn't that definitive answer. Unfortunately you aren't going to get that.
"It doesn't matter what country someone's from, or what they look like, or the color of their skin. It doesn't matter what they smell like, or that they spell words slightly differently, some would say more correctly." - Jemaine Clement. FOTC.