Worst jobs in arm

Started by Bast, February 16, 2010, 03:27:26 AM

I'm bored and i can't sleep (clowns will eat me!) So I was thinking the what are worst jobs in arm?

My pick...Ginka farmer! They -must- tie those plants down..They are viscous! in fact I think my next  char might be a horribly scarred former ginka farmer...class? Warrior obviously.
The sound of a thunderous explosion tears through the air and blasts waves of pressure ripple through the ground.

Looking northward, the rugged, stubble-bearded templar asks you, in sirihish:
     "Well... I think it worked...?"

House Jal: Sewer maintenance crew.
Quote from: ZoltanWhen in doubt, play dangerous, awkward or intense situations to the hilt, every time.

The Official GDB Hate Cycle

Mul mommy.
Quote from: Dalmeth
I've come to the conclusion that relaxing is not the lack of doing anything, but doing something that comes easily to you.

The sound of a thunderous explosion tears through the air and blasts waves of pressure ripple through the ground.

Whichever Bynner is cleanin' the shitter.
"Brain wave, main wave"
Psycho got a high kick
Collect and select
Show me your best set

Recruit of <Insert name of Organization> - These jobs typically have high mortality rates and often start with no salary.

Tek's Poison Tester - Tek likes his grub spiced with poison.  Its your job to make sure the food is up to standards.  Poison testers are lucky to live through lunchtime.  Testers tough enough to survive until the next breakfast become blue-robes.

February 16, 2010, 08:15:59 AM #7 Last Edit: February 16, 2010, 08:23:40 AM by Cutthroat
Hiring:

Mekillot Attractor
House Salarrius is looking for an talented ranger to aggro exactly ONE (1) mekillot so that the rest of the hunters can take it out with ease. Pay starts at 100 coins a day, under condition that the employee keeps the payment on his/her person during time of job. Newbie clothes preferred.

Height Measurer
Lord Templar Amos Fale is searching for an agile Allanaki citizen, willing to tie ropes of various lengths around his/her waist and jump off of the Shield Wall, for a Shield Wall measuring project. Pay starts at 100 coins a day, under condition that the employee keeps the payment on his/her person during time of job. Elf preferred. Rope will be provided by the Lord Templar and is made of the sturdiest withered numut vines of the northlands.

'Rinth Explorer
Lady Templar Talia Tor requires one silk-clad commoner of absolutely no status or rank in any organization to scout the Labyrinth and all its alleys. The scouter will be paid upon return of information. Elf or half-elf preferred, though other races are fair as well.

Edited: a typo.

Human door to door poisonous knife salesman, working in the eastside Laybyrinth area.

Quote from: Spoon on February 16, 2010, 08:24:30 AM
Human door to door poisonous knife salesman, working in the eastside Laybyrinth area.

If you're messin' with the dude who has enough poisoned knives that he makes a living selling them, you aren't going to be messin' with him for long, because you know he's saving the good stuff for his personal stash.  Even elves should be smart enough not to go grabbing that rantarri by the tail.
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: SmuzI come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: VanthSynthesis, you scare me a little bit.

Local sorcerer being hunted down. That job must suck.
Quote from: Morrolan on July 16, 2013, 01:43:41 AM
And there was some dwarf smoking spice, and I thought that was so scandalous because I'd only been playing in 'nak.

Quote from: janeshephard on February 16, 2010, 08:39:12 AM
Local sorcerer being hunted down. That job must suck.

If by "suck" you mean "sucking the souls from hapless n00bs."

Merchant House Property Organizer

The Coalition of GMH Agents have gathered together and offer a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for that lucky lad or lass. Your task will be to organize the barracks, crafter halls, mount pens, and wagons, of every GMH in the Known World. Each of these prestigious merchant houses has very active hunters/gatherers, who bring bags and boxes filled with random crap from every corner of the Known, and drop it off in random spots within each House's property. Your responsibility will be to pick it up and put it away where it belongs. That will occur, shortly after you figure out where it belongs. You have exactly four days to accomplish this task, and after the fourth day, you will be required to pack it all up into each House's argosy for a long journey to the Silt.

You can eat whatever food doesn't fit in the boxes you organize, you can drink from any of the 14-dozen leftover half-filled waterskins, you are welcome to wear any of the stained, cracked, gith-stenched items of clothing or gear, and therefore you have no need for pay.

When you are done organizing, you will be required to empty the mount pens of dung, in each Estate property. Your bonus will be whatever you can acquire by selling of the dung.

Serious inquiries only, elves need not apply.
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

Quote from: Synthesis on February 16, 2010, 08:38:25 AM

If you're messin' with the dude who has enough poisoned knives that he makes a living selling them, you aren't going to be messin' with him for long, because you know he's saving the good stuff for his personal stash.  Even elves should be smart enough not to go grabbing that rantarri by the tail.

No way man. They'd all try it on. It's fine to wonder if the salesman might actually be a ninja in disguise, but it doesn't make it true. I'm thinking of it in the selling native americans guns and them having them shoot you context.

Slave.

"Do this... do that... and do I ever get a thanks?"
Live like God.
Love like God.

"Don't let life be your burden."
- Some guy, Twin Warriors

Quote from: Spoon on February 16, 2010, 09:40:16 AM
Quote from: Synthesis on February 16, 2010, 08:38:25 AM

No way man. They'd all try it on. It's fine to wonder if the salesman might actually be a ninja in disguise, but it doesn't make it true. I'm thinking of it in the selling native americans guns and them having them shoot you context.

Ain't no cure for a bullet.

A Half-giant's sparring partner.
-- Person A OOCs: I totally forgot if everyone is okay with the adult-rated emotes and so forth?

-- Person B OOCs: Does this count as sex or torture? I can't tell.

-- Person A OOCs: I'm going to flip coins now to decide.

Quote from: Myrdryn on February 16, 2010, 12:18:11 PM

What Myrdryn said.
どんと来い、生活の悪循環!!1!11
Quote from: Yam on March 18, 2011, 09:57:04 AM
There's really nothing wrong with a pretty boy in a dress.

Quote from: Xeran Van Houten on February 16, 2010, 12:43:46 PM
Quote from: Myrdryn on February 16, 2010, 12:18:11 PM

What Myrdryn said.

I saw someone try this once and I think everyone in the room was gripping their armchair in a moment of pure schadenfreude.

To stay on topic. My next candidate:

Artifact hunter:

"Please visit that dark dark cave with shrieking noises coming out of it and bring us back whatever you find. Yes, of course it's safe."
Quote from: Morrolan on July 16, 2013, 01:43:41 AM
And there was some dwarf smoking spice, and I thought that was so scandalous because I'd only been playing in 'nak.

A literate slave.

Can you imagine a life spent writing by hand what other people dictate to you ... but not really ever being allowed to read anything because it's all too top sekrit for your lowly eyes?
Quote from: Marauder Moe
Oh my god he's still rocking the sandwich.

Quote from: musashi on February 16, 2010, 01:27:28 PM
A literate slave.

Can you imagine a life spent writing by hand what other people dictate to you ... but not really ever being allowed to read anything because it's all too top sekrit for your lowly eyes?

I'd imagine that slaves trusted enough to be used for writing live pretty good, pampered lives. They probably care about that more than about reading books.

The bond-mate of an unruly mul.

Quote from: MarshallDFX on February 16, 2010, 04:17:57 PM
http://www.zalanthas.org/gdb/index.php/topic,37932.0.html

Are you kidding?  If I didn't enjoy my current role, I'd be all over this in a heartbeat.
Quote from: ZoltanWhen in doubt, play dangerous, awkward or intense situations to the hilt, every time.

Quote from: Aaron Goulet on February 16, 2010, 04:36:32 PM

Are you kidding?  If I didn't enjoy my current role, I'd be all over this in a heartbeat.

Oh I agree, but given the frequency of the postings, I am dubious of the turnover rate.

Quote from: MarshallDFX on February 16, 2010, 04:39:25 PM

Oh I agree, but given the frequency of the postings, I am dubious of the turnover rate.

Some days you're the bone sword, other days you're the motherfucka. Seriously though, that link is a gateway to possibly the best role in Armageddon. *waxes nostalgic*

Anyway, worst jobs on Zalanthas? A door guard in a compound. All you do all day is open and shut the door for douchebags. Hrm, what else? I think it's been said already, but I think being a mek tamer/trainer would really suck. Being a farmer around Allanak wouldn't be fun at all, for a variety of reasons.
Quote from: nessalin on July 11, 2016, 02:48:32 PM
Trunk
hidden by 'body/torso'
hides nipples

Anything that keeps you safe but bored.

A House slave only allowed in the House compound?

That guy who administers Giant's Fist in Nak?
Evolution ends when stupidity is no longer fatal."

A grebber in a scrab costume.

There's an NPC who shouts "Will you SHUT UP!". That guy's job.

Actually, as a nenyuki banker, his job probably rocks.

Quote from: RogueGunslinger on February 16, 2010, 07:42:36 PM

Likely not I worked at a bank once  ;) But in comparison to the others yeah..

The one in charge of cleaning up the Gaj. Constantly.
I ruin immershunz.

Quote from: RogueGunslinger on February 17, 2010, 01:12:06 AM
Salt grebbing.

Yeah, right.  If your forage skill doesn't suck, you can make more money than God.

Quote from: RogueGunslinger on February 16, 2010, 07:42:36 PM

I dunno, he seems pretty frustrated. The Zalanthan office worker.

Me too!

On topic.

nakki Census taker. Uh huh, -That- would be the bitch of all jobs. You take his name, age, job, and personal details down, for him to walk two minutes down the road, and -BAM- dead.
Quote from: BleakOne
Dammit Kol you made me laugh too.
A staff member sends:
     "Hi! Please don't kill the sparring dummy."

Quote from: Synthesis on February 17, 2010, 06:47:52 AM
Quote from: RogueGunslinger on February 17, 2010, 01:12:06 AM
Salt grebbing.

Yeah, right.  If your forage skill doesn't suck, you can make more money than God.

Was speaking realistically, not codedly...  And yes, Salt-grebbing is easily the most profitable job on zalanthas for any guild_ranger or Subguild_scavenger who practices finding shit every so often.

A whore.

(When tressy-tressed Effmee is in town)

Quote from: Akaramu on February 17, 2010, 05:18:30 PM
A whore.

(When tressy-tressed Effmee is in town)

Seriously.  Why pay when the other girl is spreading her legs for free?

Oh.  And whoever harvests wezer wax.  I imagine there's a high turnover rate.

As a player...

Byn Sargeant.

Not the worst job in the game to have, but just so damn thankless, I had to put it out there.  Thing is, though, I still miss it, some days...
"A man's past is not simply a dead history... it is a still quivering part of himself, bringing shudders and bitter flavours and the tinglings of a merited shame."
-George Eliot

Quote from: Sunburned on February 17, 2010, 09:22:29 PM
Thing is, though, I still miss it, some days...

That.

Back on topic: Stableboy

Quote from: brytta.leofa on August 17, 2010, 07:55:28 PM
A glossy, black-shelled mantis says, in insectoid-accented sirihish,
  "You haven't picked enough cotton, friend."
Choose thy fate:

A whore.

(when my last Byn Sergeant was in town)

Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

That woman hunched over the bucket... where in the world does she get that grey water?
Live like God.
Love like God.

"Don't let life be your burden."
- Some guy, Twin Warriors

February 20, 2010, 02:06:21 AM #48 Last Edit: February 20, 2010, 02:09:07 AM by RogueGunslinger
citizens waste-water.

Edit: Greywater is wastewater generated from domestic activities such as laundry, dishwashing, and bathing which can be recycled on-site for uses such as landscape irrigation, and constructed wetlands.

Greywater comprises 50-80% of residential wastewater generated from all of the house's sanitation equipment (excepting toilets). Water from the toilets is designated sewage or blackwater to indicate it contains human waste.

Source: Wikipedia

Defiler's portable battery?
Omnia mea, mecum porto

Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

Templar...in either city.
A gaunt, yellow-skinned gith shrieks in fear, and hauls ass.
Lizzie:
If you -want- me to think that your character is a hybrid of a black kryl and a white push-broom shaped like a penis, then you've done a great job

No.

Worst job is noob with the pair of boots X-D wants.  ;D
Quote from: brytta.leofa on August 17, 2010, 07:55:28 PM
A glossy, black-shelled mantis says, in insectoid-accented sirihish,
  "You haven't picked enough cotton, friend."
Choose thy fate:

Red Storm East Farmer. Pre and Post stomping.
It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

The Templar's half-giant.  Well I wouldn't like the job.

Roc Tamer.
Quote from: LauraMars
Quote from: brytta.leofaLaura, did weird tribal men follow you around at age 15?
If by weird tribal men you mean Christians then yes.

Quote from: Malifaxis
She was teabagging me.

My own mother.

Unscripted NPC.  Nobody cares about you, nobody talks to you, and if you have something they want, you're boned.
Quote from: Lizzie on February 10, 2016, 09:37:57 PM
You know I think if James simply retitled his thread "Cheese" and apologized for his first post being off-topic, all problems would be solved.

Quote from: jhunter on February 22, 2010, 10:10:19 AM
A horny grebber's mount.

the mount likes it too
some of my posts are serious stuff

Chitter-chitter means no.

And no means no.
Quote from: Fnord on November 27, 2010, 01:55:19 PM
May the fap be with you, always. ;D

Everyone knows gwoshi give the best lovin;.
Why else would the TM get so pissy over other people 'riding' them?
Grebber - One who grebs.

Horny grebbers miss kanks. Kanks were easy.

Board Moderator
Quote from: Dalmeth
I've come to the conclusion that relaxing is not the lack of doing anything, but doing something that comes easily to you.