What do gemmed elementalists do?

Started by Pheonix, January 12, 2010, 01:44:19 PM

Quote from: WWYD on May 21, 2010, 06:35:45 AM
Quote from: jstorrie on May 21, 2010, 12:24:27 AM
Quote from: spawnloser
Quote from: jstorrie on May 15, 2010, 12:55:59 AMOne would think that, but Lord Templar Hardnose can't really do much to save you from being NPC-guard-swarmed unless he's in the room to pardon you immediately.
Incorrect, as already suggested by someone else, if you are clanned AoD you may cast in Nak with impunity... so long as other conditions are not violated (exactly what these are, you should find out IG).

Not everyone is clanned AoD. Getting a gemmer clanned AoD is something I've seen to be extremely uncommon, given that the AoD doesn't directly employ magickers (they tend to work directly for a templar or Oash, instead, neither of which generally get them 'immune to the law' mode). I get the impression that staff actively discourages gemmers being made crimcode immune, and I can see why, too.

I've been told by a staff member previously that gemmers just aren't supposed to be clanned AoD at all, though god knows it's been done a whole lot.

I've done it as a templar.  The rule in my day was that you can use it if you want a magicker to cast a spell at your request, but you should immediately dump then when they're done.  I've never let them out of my sight before dumping them, and I think letting them go free to cast with impunity should be enough to get a templar in trouble ICly and OOCly (it's code abuse, if a magicker says to random half-giant soldier #4 "It's alright!  Templar Joe's giving me a pass!"  It's not going to stop him from getting arrested ICly).

Maybe if there was a huge city-wide menace, but in a case like that the crime code should probably be temporarily non-existent anyway.
Back from a long retirement

Have you played in an HRPT in 'nak lately?  That pretty much describes them all.
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: SmuzI come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: VanthSynthesis, you scare me a little bit.

Well, being clanned AoD as a mage doesn't let  you cast with crimcode immunity, it allows for certain spells. A bit of common sense can help you figure out which ones you might not be able to get away with on caravans road with your homies.
A staff member sends you:
"Normally we don't see a <redacted> walk into a room full of <redacted> and start indiscriminately killing."

You send to staff:
"Welcome to Armageddon."