Plant Tints

Started by 5 day lifespan, December 11, 2009, 03:24:48 AM

I know what they are used for, but can anyone explain to me what they are from an IC perspective?  Like, do I get a tint from smearing the plant on my skin?  From holding it up to the light?  From the sap that oozes out?  In game wise, what is a tint and how is it arrived at? (As opposed to code wise.  As I said, I know how to find them via code, just not how to explain it via emote)
You'll never find a more wretched hive of scum and villany.  Except for maybe Allanak."

-Anonymous

Use your creativity.

Others may roleplay a tint. You may taste it or smell it and then decide.
Quote from: Morrolan on July 16, 2013, 01:43:41 AM
And there was some dwarf smoking spice, and I thought that was so scandalous because I'd only been playing in 'nak.

I've always looked at is as the colors being a "family" of herbs that share the same properties.

You know which are which through trial and error and/or a mentor, be it PC or virtual.
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

Sometimes the tint is actually the plant's color. Like, red leaves will have a red tint. Sometimes it's not so obvious since there are only a few tints to cover a plethora of colors. In those cases I'd RP it as being part of a class, like FW said.

:o This thread took a couple reads.

Quote from: RogueGunslinger on December 11, 2009, 09:36:53 AM
:o This thread took a couple reads.

Psst ... ...

I'm high again.
Quote from: Marauder Moe
Oh my god he's still rocking the sandwich.

I roleplay it that there is SOME part of the plant that does indeed LOOK like it is that color in it in some fashion... veins in the leaves, speckles on the leaves, thorns on the stem, the petals color.  Most tints match what you would expect just from looking at the plant, and some are less obvious, so are roleplayed as some secondary part of the plant must have that color in it, but only those that have the knowledge to know what to look for can tell, because they're the ones that can recognize which part of the plant is useful, whereas those without brew do not have that expertise.
Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.

I consider the tints to be mostly an OOC construct that was pushed IG.

Milk helps hangovers, so does cranberry juice. They both have a purple tint.

Without saying too much, I think the tints are misleading as well. A + B does not always equal B + A.
Quote from: Niamh on September 24, 2009, 02:28:12 PM
Remember, you're never in trouble if you don't get caught!

Quote from: Wyx on June 28, 2009, 07:59:17 PM
Besides, the players know best