All right ... which one of you did it?

Started by musashi, December 03, 2009, 03:01:03 PM

The hell? Transformers? Isn't this stuff IC-sensitive or something?

Harry Potter sounds cool though, in a sort of ridiculously laughable way. Since magickers are feared, hated and strung up on poles so people can remove their guts slowly, using the cultural barriers of Zalanthas would do wonders.
https://armageddon.org/help/view/Inappropriate%20vernacular
gorgio: someone who is not romani, not a gypsy.
kumpania: a family of story tellers.
vardo: a horse-drawn wagon used by British Romani as their home. always well-crafted, often painted and gilded

Quote from: Gimfalisette on December 03, 2009, 04:37:00 PM
We don't need to discourage people from writing fanfic. We need to encourage them to LINK BACK to armageddon.org !!!

You sure that's the publicity we need?
"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard." -- H. L. Mencken

Quote from: Reverend Green on December 24, 2009, 06:23:07 PM
We all come here in different forms. Some of us came here from other RPIs and knew what were were doing. Some of us came from hack-n-slash MUDs and picked up the ropes. Some of us were writers, and some of us were friends of people who played, and wanted to get into the action.

We're a great community here, and I think that anyone who comes here with an open mind can become a great role-player on Armageddon.

It's a unique experience, no one comes here completely prepared.
"Never was anything great achieved without danger."
     -Niccolo Machiavelli

Quote from: Archbaron on December 24, 2009, 06:29:41 PM
We all come here in different forms. Some of us came here from other RPIs and knew what were were doing. Some of us came from hack-n-slash MUDs and picked up the ropes. Some of us were writers, and some of us were friends of people who played, and wanted to get into the action.

We're a great community here, and I think that anyone who comes here with an open mind can become a great role-player on Armageddon.

Some of us are pisspoor players to be avoided at all costs, and some of us are awesome.

I'd prefer to discourage the former, and encourage the latter.
"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard." -- H. L. Mencken

December 24, 2009, 07:06:05 PM #79 Last Edit: December 24, 2009, 07:09:05 PM by MarshallDFX
Quote from: Reverend Green on December 24, 2009, 06:40:17 PM

Some of us are pisspoor players to be avoided at all costs, and some of us are awesome.

I'd prefer to discourage the former, and encourage the latter.

In the Christmas spirit I see.  Also.. This thread was rather dead. [edit] I suggest you revive it by writing your own Twilight/Zalanthas fanfic.

December 24, 2009, 10:04:20 PM #80 Last Edit: December 24, 2009, 10:06:09 PM by HTX
This:

I don't care if a newbie has no experience when it comes to RPing, as long as they're willing to learn and they're have basic literature/reading skills (and if they were reading fanfic they'd definitely have the latter), which is all one needs to enjoy Armageddon. I've dealt with plenty such newbies, and guess what? None of them really broke my immersion or ruined my game experiences... in fact I was more than happy to help several of when they requested OOC assistance... and staff would deal with any newbie which caused a serious disruption. Doesn't take long to file a complaint via the Request Tool.

When I first came to Armageddon I was familiar with MUDing, but the concept of roleplaying was completely new to me. So I spent hours, every day, browsing through these forums in search of ways to improve my level of RP to that of the rest of the playerbase. I know that if I'd met such attitudes as yours, Reverend Green, I'd have been turned off from the game immediately.

We all got to start somewhere.

Quote from: HTX on December 24, 2009, 10:04:20 PM
This:

I don't care if a newbie has no experience when it comes to RPing, as long as they're willing to learn and they're have basic literature/reading skills (and if they were reading fanfic they'd definitely have the latter), which is all one needs to enjoy Armageddon. I've dealt with plenty such newbies, and guess what? None of them really broke my immersion or ruined my game experiences... in fact I was more than happy to help several of when they requested OOC assistance... and staff would deal with any newbie which caused a serious disruption. Doesn't take long to file a complaint via the Request Tool.

When I first came to Armageddon I was familiar with MUDing, but the concept of roleplaying was completely new to me. So I spent hours, every day, browsing through these forums in search of ways to improve my level of RP to that of the rest of the playerbase. I know that if I'd met such attitudes as yours, Reverend Green, I'd have been turned off from the game immediately.

We all got to start somewhere.

This. +1
Quote from: brytta.leofa on August 17, 2010, 07:55:28 PM
A glossy, black-shelled mantis says, in insectoid-accented sirihish,
  "You haven't picked enough cotton, friend."
Choose thy fate: