All right ... which one of you did it?

Started by musashi, December 03, 2009, 03:01:03 PM

Ever wonder what happens when you mix Zalanthas with Transformers?

Yeah, me neither.

But here's a fan fic about it.

http://www.transformersfanfic.com/viewstory.php?sid=4251&chapter=1
Quote from: Marauder Moe
Oh my god he's still rocking the sandwich.

I take full credit for finding this. You're welcome.

...what the hell.
Quote from: Vanth on February 13, 2008, 05:27:50 PM
I'm gonna go all Gimfalisette on you guys and lay down some numbers.

Wtf.

They're actually talking about Zalanthas in there.
A foreign presence contacts your mind.

Who... who did...

* Cutthroat 's eyes roll back in his head.

Quick, someone do a Twilight-Zalanthas mashup.

Also, the staff should sue immediately, based on the incredibly IC-sensitive info that is just LAID BARE FOR THE WORLD in that fanfic. I did not want to know that Soylent Green the Dragon is Transformers!

Well, now the end of the world is spoiled for us. The Decepticons did it.

Quote from: Pure AwesomeThe natives attribute its decay to the Dragon, but you and I know the truth, Sinnertwin. Zalanthas was brought barren by the coming of the Decepticons.
Child, child, if you come to this doomed house, what is to save you?

A voice whispers, "Read the tales upon the walls."

Game over, man.  GAME OVER.

Suspiciously, that does explain the extreme lack of metal...

The author REALLY wants to point out that the sky and sun are Red.

I now want to play a PC who believes that giant metal beings ate the Known.

This story is better than Ritley...better than Cendis...better than Jonglo.

This story is the best thing to happen to the Armageddon community in a long, long time.

Oh man.  I'm so happy.

Odd urge:  Say this IG.
QuoteRelax, [insert name]. I'm not here to terminate you.

On topic:

Quote from: Zoltan on December 03, 2009, 03:27:35 PM
O_o

:o
Quote from: Dalmeth
I've come to the conclusion that relaxing is not the lack of doing anything, but doing something that comes easily to you.

Well...now we know what happens Sunday.
Evolution ends when stupidity is no longer fatal."

Pounding frantically on your hawk-carved blue wooden drum, you sing, in sirihish:
      "Muk Utep, more than meets the eye!
       Tektolnes, bad guy in disguise!
       Tulukis wage their battle to
       destroy the evil forces of..."

With a final shout and thump, you sing, in sirihish:
      "The DRAGON!"

The sword is sharp, the spear is long,
The arrow swift, the Gate is strong.
The heart is bold that looks on gold;
The dwarves no more shall suffer wrong.

I just... don't understand. Why?
Quote from: nessalin on July 11, 2016, 02:48:32 PM
Trunk
hidden by 'body/torso'
hides nipples

We don't need to discourage people from writing fanfic. We need to encourage them to LINK BACK to armageddon.org !!!

Intoning with dead-eyed intensity, the sparkle-skinned, somber young man says to the bland, dark-haired young woman, in English:
      "You have to stay away from me. I could hurt you, Bella...I -want- to hurt you. I want to hurt you like I did..."

Turning his cold stare away, voice gone quite remote, the sparkle-skinned, somber young man says to the bland, dark-haired young woman, in English:
      "...Zalanthas."

Think of it, people. Think of the new players we could get.

And think of what they'd play.
↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → b a

Quote from: Wasteland Raider on December 03, 2009, 04:47:08 PM
And think of what they'd play.

LAWLZ...just.......LAWLZZZZZ!!
Quote from: Majikal on August 20, 2009, 05:53:09 PM

Running after Carru, catching them, then eating them while they are still breathing is a Red Fang's version of 'fast food'.

To be fair, teenage girl fans of Twilight are likely to play PCs who are just as dumb and incongrous as teenage boy fans of <insert thing teen boys are fans of>. Chicks playing inappropriately naive, helpless wenches looking for their Prince Charmings are no more jarring than guys playing inappropriately badass, newbie assassins looking for their Righteous Vengeance.

When it all comes down, who are we to judge fanfic? Basically, we write and read bad fanfic constantly, just by playing ARM. And I'm approximately 90% confident that 97% of you (me included) have entertained day-dreamy thoughts of "wouldn't it be cool if ARM was steampunk / sci-fi / LotR / whatever."

Quote from: Gimfalisette on December 03, 2009, 03:27:27 PM
Suspiciously, that does explain the extreme lack of metal...

Quote from: Gimfalisette on December 03, 2009, 03:32:10 PM
I now want to play a PC who believes that giant metal beings ate the Known.

Hahahahaha. I think I'm in love.

Quote from: Gimfalisette on December 03, 2009, 04:40:22 PM
Intoning with dead-eyed intensity, the sparkle-skinned, somber young man says to the bland, dark-haired young woman, in English:
      "You have to stay away from me. I could hurt you, Bella...I -want- to hurt you. I want to hurt you like I did..."

Turning his cold stare away, voice gone quite remote, the sparkle-skinned, somber young man says to the bland, dark-haired young woman, in English:
      "...Zalanthas."

Think of it, people. Think of the new players we could get.

Wait a minute, this isn't 99% of all Zalanthian romances already?!

I'm waiting for a Zalanthian story to mix with My Immortal. THAT will be scary.

Quote from: Gimfalisette on December 03, 2009, 05:02:42 PM
To be fair, teenage girl fans of Twilight are likely to play PCs who are just as dumb and incongrous as teenage boy fans of <insert thing teen boys are fans of>. Chicks playing inappropriately naive, helpless wenches looking for their Prince Charmings are no more jarring than guys playing inappropriately badass, newbie assassins looking for their Righteous Vengeance.

When it all comes down, who are we to judge fanfic? Basically, we write and read bad fanfic constantly, just by playing ARM. And I'm approximately 90% confident that 97% of you (me included) have entertained day-dreamy thoughts of "wouldn't it be cool if ARM was steampunk / sci-fi / LotR / whatever."

Both of those are incredibly jarring. Personally, I find the "chick version" more jarring.

I don't know if playing Arm itself can count as fan fiction. Playing arm is more like writing the book off of which later fanfiction is based. Not that all PCs in arm are incredible, or don't make you go "wtf," because there's more then enough of them that do, but I think it's a distinction. Personally, I don't think I've ever thought "what if Arm was X," but I have thought that about other things. I suppose you make a good point, but... These fanfictions are just SO DAMN JARRING. Ya know? I can't even get to the point if they're well written or not, because of the jar factor. Though these seem to be MUCH, MUCH better then some fanfictions on other topics.

As of February 2017, I no longer play Armageddon.

My point is really that someone(s) who played ARM (and maybe still do since the second one was updated today) wrote these pieces of fanfic. And they wrote it because they think Zalanthas is so damn awesome.

We can laugh at that viewpoint...because it is "dumb"...but is it really dumb? I argue that it isn't. And I argue that even players who start out writing fanfic that not everyone else loves have the potential to become solid, contributing players over time.

Did you (general you) start out awesome, as a noob? I sure didn't.

Of course, I am assuming that the writers of the fanfic pieces are noobs, but I don't know that. Maybe they are super-seasoned vets...but it just doesn't seem that way.

My first PC was terrible. No idea what I was doing, at all. People said "playing an elf is hard" so I thought "ah-ha, I'll play an elf," not reading any documentation, of course. That was not the best idea in the world. So yes, I see what your point there is and it is cool that people like Zalanthas that much to write fanfiction about it. Yes, they might become valuable contributors over time (assuming that they are n00bs and not long-time players)... But I still find the basis of the fanfictions incredibly jarring. I will cling to my pure-zalanthian ways! :P

I just don't understand why they ripped off -Arm-. I mean, come up with your own ideas. Or at least change the names!
Trunk
hidden by 'body/torso'
hides nipples

Quote from: Zoltan on December 03, 2009, 05:37:26 PM
I mean, come up with your own ideas.

Someone fails to understand the genre of fanfic. Technically, all of ARM is fanfic.

I just don't understand why they ripped off -Arm-. I mean, come up with your own ideas. Or at least change the names!

Well, you could argue that they ripped off transformers, too. The point is to keep the names the same, and turn Zalanthas into something they want it to be, that they think is cooler, while still being what they love. It makes me want to either gawk or spam-type "flee," but that's what fanfiction is. Personally, I really like it when people keep things to their own worlds. I think Arm fanfiction would be great, if it would stick to just the Arm world, and not involve anything else. Of course, I was also the kid that refused to mix Legos and Playmobile because they did not go together.

I wish Arm was steampunk.

My favorite steampunk photo:

Brandon
Quote from: Ghost on December 16, 2009, 06:15:17 PM
brandon....

you did the biggest mistake of your life

Quote from: Gimfalisette on December 03, 2009, 05:40:19 PM
I mean, come up with your own ideas.

Someone fails to understand the genre of fanfic. Technically, all of ARM is fanfic.

Okay okay, but still. I mean, I skimmed that Transformers one, and after the beginning, Zalanthas is never mentioned again. It's not Arm fanfic, it's transformers fanfic that ripped off an entirely different thing for a little anecdote. Granted, any word of mouth about the game that gets out there is great and all...  :-\

EDIT: Brandon, I saw that same picture in a bookstore and had myself a nice, crowd-disturbing cackle.
Trunk
hidden by 'body/torso'
hides nipples

Fanfic line of thought: What if Lincoln freed the slaves...WITH A CYBERNETIC ARM!

The only real difference between a seasoned ARM vet and an ARM newb, for the most part, is that we know that we should confine our "omg awesome!" thoughts to the Odd Urges thread, rather than seeking to bring them in game.

You know, perhaps I should add that I don't find fanfic nor this way of thinking disturbing in the least, and that is probably because I have kids who are often making up wild stories about their favorite show/movie/characters and telling them to me in great detail. My middle son thinks Transformers are the greatest thing ever, my oldest son is obsessed with ninjas, and my daughter loves Wonder Woman. Any of these is a perfect candidate for an "omg awesome what if!" story. My kids are very smart and very awesome people, they're simply young.

To me, these things are the hallmark of a young, creative, excited, pliant mind...not stupidity or lameitude. There is potential here for storytelling and engagement, it just hasn't matured yet. And being immature--in the real sense of being a physical and intellectual juvenile--is surely no cause for criticism. It's simply a period of life we all go through.

Today's middle-schoolers are next year's ARMers, after all.

Heh, true that, Gimf.

Quote from: Miri on December 03, 2009, 05:53:40 PM
Quote from: Cutthroat on December 03, 2009, 05:49:00 PM
Now who wants to write "Harry Potter visits Tuluk"?

I'm awfully tempted...

Seriously, though, this thread's prompted me to start writing a story or two about one of my past characters for the website. Should be fun-tastic!

And depressing. He was a very depressing character.
Trunk
hidden by 'body/torso'
hides nipples

Nasally, the ugly, greasy haired man says, in sirihish:
    "What is that mysterious ticking noise?"

Quote from: Adieren on December 03, 2009, 06:03:10 PM
Nasally, the ugly, greasy haired man says, in sirihish:
    "What is that mysterious ticking noise?"

I believe this is the link you are looking for.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tx1XIm6q4r4
"The fear of death is the most unjustified of all fears, for there's no risk of accident for someone who's dead."
-Albert Einstein

I'd like to applaud whoever wrote this for taking two things they obviously feel passionate about and having the courage to write a story about it and -post- that story for others to read.

I know it's probably not likely you'll step forward now, but kudos to you for writing, I hope you enjoyed the experience.

Maybe in order to understand mankind, we have to look at the word itself: "Mankind". Basically, it's made up of two separate words - "mank" and "ind". What do these words mean? It's a mystery, and that's why so is mankind.

Wow. This is amazingly disturbing.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

Also...
Quote from: FuSoYa on December 03, 2009, 05:42:54 PM
I wish Arm was steampunk.

Furthermore, Gimf is right. Don't make fun of these writers.

Hey, I like that they mentioned Zalanthas. Even though I was wtfing on all the places. And also, at least you aren't besieged by bad writing. Did they stop mentioning Zalanthas after the beginning? If they did, they should mention it moar.

Hopefully, someone will write a pure Zalanthan fanfic one day.
I ruin immershunz.

:o

What the...

Of all the potential Armageddon fanfic crossovers... TRANSFORMERS?!?

Weirdo.

I'd do Star Trek.

In 2010, I'll be transcribing one Harry Potter chapter a week in Armageddon Log format.  You will all feel tortured but unable to stop reading them.

Someone removes something.
The tousle-headed, spectacled lad fades into existence.
The bucktoothed, ginger-haired lass fades into existence.
The tall, flame-haired male fades into existence.

Quote from: brytta.leofa on December 04, 2009, 09:06:04 AM
In 2010, I'll be transcribing one Harry Potter chapter a week in Armageddon Log format.  You will all feel tortured but unable to stop reading them.

Do it. It should be an entertaining read. Sometimes I do think we Armers take ourselves a little too seriously.
Quote from: brytta.leofa on August 17, 2010, 07:55:28 PM
A glossy, black-shelled mantis says, in insectoid-accented sirihish,
  "You haven't picked enough cotton, friend."
Choose thy fate:

Quote from: brytta.leofa on December 04, 2009, 09:06:04 AM
In 2010, I'll be transcribing one Harry Potter chapter a week in Armageddon Log format.  You will all feel tortured but unable to stop reading them.

I'm not sure what you mean by tortured.  :-X I know I won't be able to put them down, though. :)
Quote from: Wug
No one on staff is just waiting for the opportunity to get revenge on someone who killed one of their characters years ago.

Except me. I remember every death. And I am coming for you bastards.

Quote from: Cutthroat on December 03, 2009, 05:49:00 PM
Now who wants to write "Harry Potter visits Tuluk"?

I'd totally write that parody.
Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

With appropriate roleplay of course.

The tousle-headed, spectacled lad utters an incantation.

The ancient, brutally-scarred Jihean Templar arrives from the east.

The ancient, brutally-scarred Jihean Templar Bruce-Lees the tousle-headed, spectacled lad with one finger.

The tousle-headed, spectacled lad crumples to the ground.

The end.
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

Quote from: FantasyWriter on December 04, 2009, 12:15:50 PM

The ancient, brutally-scarred Jihean Templar Bruce-Lees the tousle-headed, spectacled lad with one finger.

The end.

Tsk. That was utterly predictable.
Choose thy fate:

The plot is: Harry Potter is hunting for Voldemote, He Who Must Not Be Targeted By Name.

I must admit, these stories have added more spice to the game....am I going to run across a giant robot in the waste.....or maybe a drop pod....or perchance that I shall come across myself...in another time-line, but I can accurately fly a ship in space....none of that turning crap! ;D
"The fear of death is the most unjustified of all fears, for there's no risk of accident for someone who's dead."
-Albert Einstein

Quote from: deviant storm on December 04, 2009, 12:52:30 PM
Quote from: FantasyWriter on December 04, 2009, 12:15:50 PM

The end.

Tsk. That was utterly predictable.

As is the end to all Tuluki mages.
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

December 05, 2009, 01:42:23 PM #62 Last Edit: December 05, 2009, 01:47:33 PM by Shalooonsh
Moderated my own post for IC info.

Wow, how the crap did I let that get in there?

Nothing to see here.  Move along.  Move along.
I seduced the daughters of men
And made the death of them.
I demanded human sacrifices
From the rest of them.
I became the spirit that haunted
And protected them.
And I lived in the tower of flame
But death collected them.
-War is my Destiny, Ill Bill

December 05, 2009, 02:32:18 PM #63 Last Edit: December 05, 2009, 02:34:28 PM by Shalooonsh
There.  That should just about do it.

QuoteA Place Not Quite Home

The tavern's backroom was cramped, the air stifling and hot from lack of windows.  Each breath ached on my lungs, the dry atmosphere packed with the reek of humanoid bodies, stale beer, and odd smokes.  I'd not eaten in days, but such was not a problem for one trained as I had been.  I focused out the hunger yet again as the aromas of spiced meat and pie wafted through the room, forcing the knot of concentration down into my stomach, imagining it being dissolved as any foodstuff would be.  I leaned back, fully aware of the titanic mass behind me, and the fact that, again, it was cracking its knuckles.  The woman across the table simply stared, her male counterpart taking his leisurely time inspecting my pack.

For them I was no match in style.  My simple blue-piped pants, sandals, and white shirt held no comparison against full robes of red or white silk, spangly medallions of state, and keen yet primitive weaponry.  The red-clad male's jewel-encrusted fighting glove dipped again into the pack, pulling out a ration bar, lips pursed as he examined the packaging.

I felt no fear, even though a full three of the behemoths, all clad in primitive armor, were packed into the tight room along with these two.  My saber could cleave through the lot of them with small trouble, and I envisioned a few ways to do so with a minimum of strokes.  I dropped my attention to my fingernails, plucking out a small splinter that had found a home there.  I'd learned in many lessons that heads of state, no matter how primitive, must be shown respect if they are to be allies.  For this I suffered the indescretions of being herded into this room, of having my personal belongings gone through, and of having hours and hours of questions dragged out with the same answers.

The woman spoke again, her voice like a razor covered in silk and sugar.  "So you were born in a small town on the sands... grew up as a repairman for your aunt and uncle, and decided to go off on your own and wage a one-man war against the Empire?"  She looked incredulous as she stared across the table, the frown etched on her slender lips ruining the natural beauty of her face.

I nodded to her, unwilling to give up another word to questions that have already been answered.  She continued.  "And once your family was killed, and you were on your own, you found others of the same mind?  This... rebellion, you call it?"  Something flashed behind her eyes, and I caught vague thoughts of rebellion in her own mind, songs and stories spinning out from a plethora of performances, telling the tales of the long dead and remembered.  Jagged stone knives, quartz tipped spears, and sturdy wooden shields rising up against unholy oppressors clad in obsidian and jade.  I nodded again.

The man in red pulled my saber from the pack and frowned, clicking his lacquered fingernail against the metal housing.  His finger was straying dangerously close to the trigger, and I worked to turn his interest towards other matters.  His will was incredibly strong for a common man, and it felt as if something else dampened my abilities, but after a few moments he replaced the item and pulled out a scanner.  The woman's frown grew sharper.

"Tell me again the name of your home village, wanderer?"  We'd gone over this countless times.  Typical process, repeat the questions ad nauseum until the subject broke and revealed the truth.  Except in this case, they wouldn't accept the truths I was giving.  I took a deep breath.

"Anchorhead, Faithful Lady.  The town's name is Anchorhead, and as we've already discussed, you've never heard of it."  Her face darkened further, and I knew I'd raised her ire.  Again.  My patience was almost endless, and this little discussion was testing those limits.  "Listen, I should really get going..." I focused my will, I felt the power begin to course through my spine, up to my frontal lobe where it focused towards the red and white inquisitors.  "I don't think there's any thing else we need to discuss."  I felt the suggestion flow out of my mind, towards the both of them.

The red clan man turned towards his white robed companion, putting the scanner back into the satchel.  "Well, Faithful Lady Iluya, I don't think there's anything else we need to discuss here."  Good.  Finally we were getting somewhere.

I spoke up, my tone gentle, non-aggressive.  Conversational.  "I've answered all your questions, and I should stop wasting your time.  You have many duties more important than questioning a scruffy nerf herder."

As the man pushed the bag across the table with a hand obviously trained for war, he parroted my suggestions.  "He's answered all our questions, Faithful Lady, and it's all just a waste of time.  We've more important things to do than question this scruffy..." a look of confusion came over his face.

The moment of hesitation allowed the white clad woman, this Faithful Lady Iluya, to reach out and take control of my satchel.  Her hand lanced into it, pulling out the long barrel of my saber.  She stared at me, her deep grey eyes narrowing.  I felt vast suspicion, a hint of worry, trepidation... then nothing.  I reached my mind towards her thoughts, encountering only what could be described of as a perfect mirror.  I could neither see the edges of it, or through it, so perfect a reflection was it of my own thoughts.  I'd never encountered its like.

Her voice, soft and composed, slid across my ears like a serpent.  "Tell me again how you came into possession of so much metal?"  Metal?  I'd noticed there wasn't much of it around, but could this actually be a pre-industrial society?  Marvelously advanced, if so, but why the question if it was not?

Something was definitely off here.  This was the focus of the inquisition... not me, but the metal I carried.  I knew that for certain from the thoughts of her male counterpart.  "I built it myself under the tutelage of my master.  I'd be glad to write a..."

I didn't even see him move, one moment he was sitting, and the next his chair hit the back of the room and his fingers lanced against my forehead.  Before I had even started to fall, another blow took me in the throat, then the wind was knocked out of me by the impact of the entire planet hitting me in the back.  All these clues told me it was time to stop fucking around.

I continued my momentum, legs coming up to boot the table towards the two silk clad officials, my feet then continuing up into the groin of the behemoth humanoid who stood above me, staring down at me with confusion.  His eyes, moments later, became plates of pain, rolling back into his head as his jewels crumpled under my bootheel.  He fell backwards, my thrusting legs picking my body up and arcing me gracefully over, with a little help from the Force, to land dramatically on his chest.

My hand flipped out, I grasped at the steel tube laying eight feet away on the floor, and hauled it through the air towards me.  It met my grip, a cool kiss against my hot flesh, and my thumb tripped the trigger.  Four feet of glowing death sprang from the end, just in time to intersect the massive double-bitted axe that one of the behemoths heaved my way, which then fell to the ground in pieces.  Wasting no time, I repeated the process on its wielder, showering the walls around us with gore and staining my white cloth shirt.

Forming my hand into an extended palm with two fingers upraised, I pushed towards the mind of the red clad man, shutting it down and knocking him into slumber.  He fell over rapidly, a heap of man who was deadly when awake, now as gentle as a child.  I repeated the gesture on the remaining bodyguard, whos size was greater than any Gammorean I'd ever seen.  They were just as dull witted, if not more so, and its mind crumpled like paper under my will.

It was me and the Faithful Lady, her unarmed, and me with a lit lightsaber.  My will focused on hers, our minds clashing in the air over the displaced table and rivulets of blood.  Her perfect face marred by spatters of claret and a vast frown of concentration.  I poured all my training, all my bond with the Force, all of my will towards her.  The air seethed with energy in turmoil as I struggled to knock down her defenses.  I heard a footstep behind me, and my body went slack, the light saber powering down as it fell from my numb fingers.

Another lady in white stepped over my tangled form, my eyes still open to regard her briefly in a way most intimate as she her robes brushed over my face.  Her voice was gentle, composed, and rather agreeably diplomatic as she spoke, "I'm sorry, Mister Skywalker, but that's simply not how things are done around here.  This magick you have brought us is most unique, something like I've never seen.  It looks Elkran, but has properties of Suk-Krath as well."  What?  I had no idea what she was talking about.  She dropped a slightly bloodied wine bottle on the ground beside me, likely the one that had hit the back of my skull.

Her eyes met mine, no malice in them, more pity and composure than hatred at the deaths that I'd caused.  I struggled to remain awake, but the blow to the back of my head was slowly squeezing conciousness away.  "We will have many talks, Mister Skywalker, and you will teach me of all you know.  Who your master is, what the weaknesses of the Empire of Allanak are, and, most of all, how to use this fabulous sword you've brought us.  Tukas, pick him up and take him to the Heart for questioning."

She turned the cold steel tube of my saber over in her hand, light slipping completely from my eyes, leaving me with the words, "I'm afraid we've a long conversation ahead of us.  And I was so looking forward to visiting Dasari for a mud facial and pedicure.  I'm afraid this puts me right out," echoing in my pounding head.

I seduced the daughters of men
And made the death of them.
I demanded human sacrifices
From the rest of them.
I became the spirit that haunted
And protected them.
And I lived in the tower of flame
But death collected them.
-War is my Destiny, Ill Bill

I wonder if one of the Fale Wagons actually turns into something similar to BumbleBee?????
Respect. Responsibility. Compassion.

Now that was good, Shalooonsh.
Choose thy fate:

That was awesome, 'looonsh.
Quote from: LauraMars
Quote from: brytta.leofaLaura, did weird tribal men follow you around at age 15?
If by weird tribal men you mean Christians then yes.

Quote from: Malifaxis
She was teabagging me.

My own mother.

What have you horrible sons of bitches done.

Oh man, now Tuluk is so screwed.
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: SmuzI come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: VanthSynthesis, you scare me a little bit.

Yeah, the Millennium Falcon is on the way to blow a new crater in that little moon.

Quote from: LauraMars on December 05, 2009, 06:57:21 PM
Yeah, the Millennium Falcon is on the way to blow a new crater in that little moon.

Gorram storytellers, can't even tell a smugglin' skimmer don't carry--

A look of panicked confusion comes over the face of the fair-skinned, bespectacled male, and he sits down rather hard on the ground.

That was awesome, Loon.

very nice, kudos.
The funny little foreign man

I often hear the jingle to -Riunite on ice- when I read the estate name Reynolte, eve though there ain't no ice in Zalanthas.

My hat to you, good sir.
-Albert Einstein

The hell? Transformers? Isn't this stuff IC-sensitive or something?

Harry Potter sounds cool though, in a sort of ridiculously laughable way. Since magickers are feared, hated and strung up on poles so people can remove their guts slowly, using the cultural barriers of Zalanthas would do wonders.
https://armageddon.org/help/view/Inappropriate%20vernacular
gorgio: someone who is not romani, not a gypsy.
kumpania: a family of story tellers.
vardo: a horse-drawn wagon used by British Romani as their home. always well-crafted, often painted and gilded

Quote from: Gimfalisette on December 03, 2009, 04:37:00 PM
We don't need to discourage people from writing fanfic. We need to encourage them to LINK BACK to armageddon.org !!!

You sure that's the publicity we need?
"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard." -- H. L. Mencken

Quote from: Reverend Green on December 24, 2009, 06:23:07 PM
We all come here in different forms. Some of us came here from other RPIs and knew what were were doing. Some of us came from hack-n-slash MUDs and picked up the ropes. Some of us were writers, and some of us were friends of people who played, and wanted to get into the action.

We're a great community here, and I think that anyone who comes here with an open mind can become a great role-player on Armageddon.

It's a unique experience, no one comes here completely prepared.
"Never was anything great achieved without danger."
     -Niccolo Machiavelli

Quote from: Archbaron on December 24, 2009, 06:29:41 PM
We all come here in different forms. Some of us came here from other RPIs and knew what were were doing. Some of us came from hack-n-slash MUDs and picked up the ropes. Some of us were writers, and some of us were friends of people who played, and wanted to get into the action.

We're a great community here, and I think that anyone who comes here with an open mind can become a great role-player on Armageddon.

Some of us are pisspoor players to be avoided at all costs, and some of us are awesome.

I'd prefer to discourage the former, and encourage the latter.
"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard." -- H. L. Mencken

December 24, 2009, 07:06:05 PM #79 Last Edit: December 24, 2009, 07:09:05 PM by MarshallDFX
Quote from: Reverend Green on December 24, 2009, 06:40:17 PM

Some of us are pisspoor players to be avoided at all costs, and some of us are awesome.

I'd prefer to discourage the former, and encourage the latter.

In the Christmas spirit I see.  Also.. This thread was rather dead. [edit] I suggest you revive it by writing your own Twilight/Zalanthas fanfic.

December 24, 2009, 10:04:20 PM #80 Last Edit: December 24, 2009, 10:06:09 PM by HTX
This:

I don't care if a newbie has no experience when it comes to RPing, as long as they're willing to learn and they're have basic literature/reading skills (and if they were reading fanfic they'd definitely have the latter), which is all one needs to enjoy Armageddon. I've dealt with plenty such newbies, and guess what? None of them really broke my immersion or ruined my game experiences... in fact I was more than happy to help several of when they requested OOC assistance... and staff would deal with any newbie which caused a serious disruption. Doesn't take long to file a complaint via the Request Tool.

When I first came to Armageddon I was familiar with MUDing, but the concept of roleplaying was completely new to me. So I spent hours, every day, browsing through these forums in search of ways to improve my level of RP to that of the rest of the playerbase. I know that if I'd met such attitudes as yours, Reverend Green, I'd have been turned off from the game immediately.

We all got to start somewhere.

Quote from: HTX on December 24, 2009, 10:04:20 PM
This:

I don't care if a newbie has no experience when it comes to RPing, as long as they're willing to learn and they're have basic literature/reading skills (and if they were reading fanfic they'd definitely have the latter), which is all one needs to enjoy Armageddon. I've dealt with plenty such newbies, and guess what? None of them really broke my immersion or ruined my game experiences... in fact I was more than happy to help several of when they requested OOC assistance... and staff would deal with any newbie which caused a serious disruption. Doesn't take long to file a complaint via the Request Tool.

When I first came to Armageddon I was familiar with MUDing, but the concept of roleplaying was completely new to me. So I spent hours, every day, browsing through these forums in search of ways to improve my level of RP to that of the rest of the playerbase. I know that if I'd met such attitudes as yours, Reverend Green, I'd have been turned off from the game immediately.

We all got to start somewhere.

This. +1
Choose thy fate: