HRPT Font?

Started by IntuitiveApathy, December 02, 2009, 08:56:27 PM

Something weird happened to my Mushclient today and the font switched on me, or I'm seeing things now..  ???

I'm trying to find a new font that is readable (ie. won't blind me after 12986 hours straight), relatively compact (so I can try to catch things when 1209581256 lines scroll by), and still has actual in-game alignment (the mantishead looks like a mantis, eq lists are properly aligned and readable).

Or is it some setting I can switch so I can use other fonts and have them align?

Anyone have suggestions so I can see what's going on when I get squished on Sunday?
Was there no safety? No learning by heart of the ways of the world? No guide, no shelter, but all was miracle and leaping from the pinnacle of a tower into the air?

Virginia Woolf, To the Lighthouse

I use courier 10, unbold. Everything looks peachy and all lined up nice and purty to me.
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

I use Courier new 10 bolded.
Quote from: Cutthroat on September 30, 2008, 10:15:55 PM
> forage artifacts

You find a rusty, armed landmine and pick it up.

What you're looking for is fixed-width fonts.

On windows I liked courier new.

On mac, andale mono.

December 02, 2009, 09:32:31 PM #4 Last Edit: December 02, 2009, 09:37:31 PM by IntuitiveApathy
Wow, courier/new 10 is tiny!  It's not much bigger than the font used in the GDB 'Topic Summary' font with the past thread posts.. you guys manage to get by like that?

Thanks Chuci - fixed-width is exactly what I was looking for.  I installed "Excalibur Monospace" and it aligned!
Was there no safety? No learning by heart of the ways of the world? No guide, no shelter, but all was miracle and leaping from the pinnacle of a tower into the air?

I found a site quickly that has a few decent ones.  You are wanting to download/install fixed width fonts.

http://ifacethoughts.net/2008/03/07/good-fixed-widthmonospacedprogramming-fonts/

Nothing to see here

Aurulent Sans Mono is lovely - nice and big yet simple and it aligns to boot!  Thanks Jestor!

If it were too much smaller I'd need to wear my reading glasses. But it's pretty much perfect for me now. It's the same size font that defaults in the GDB typing buffer.

Mine's Courier New 8 pt.  How tiny it appears depends on your screen resolution, though.
The sword is sharp, the spear is long,
The arrow swift, the Gate is strong.
The heart is bold that looks on gold;
The dwarves no more shall suffer wrong.

I've been playing around with different fonts.  "Proggy Clean" is pretty nice too - it's small, but it's so clear that you can read it even at a tiny size, so you can really cram more lines in.

Do you guys find that different fonts impart a different feeling?  I wish I could use some of my more fantasy-ish looking fonts for that reason.  I guess cleaner fonts are more neutral and that's not a bad thing either though.

Wow, does everyone use Courier New?? I thought I was one of the few. That's awesome!!! :D
Respect. Responsibility. Compassion.

Psh. Fixedsys.

Gmud Standard Goooooooooooooo
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

I use plain old courier 10.

Grey text on a black background, nothing triggered with color.

Been working for me for the last ten years or so.

I'm so used to it, that whenever I play with any different font/color scheme it doesn't feel right.
man
/mæn/

-noun

1.   A biped, ungrateful.

Wingdings.
It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Mine's like Ender's in reverse. Black text on light (ivory) background. But yeah no highlights, no special colors, no bold or underline, no triggers, scripts, macros. I read the screen just as if it as a page in a book.

I second wingdings.

Brandon
Quote from: Ghost on December 16, 2009, 06:15:17 PMbrandon....

you did the biggest mistake of your life

Oh  the gith set us up the 

I generally use dark green on black zmud basics.

But sometimes I switch back to telnet classic cause it makes me feel like I'm a newbie again.
I tripped and Fale down my stairs. Drink milk and you'll grow Uaptal. I know this guy from the state of Tenneshi. This house will go up Borsail tomorrow. I gave my book to him Nenyuk it back again. I hired this guy golfing to Kadius around for a while.

Once you come onto staff things start to look like this:

Quote from: Cavaticus on December 03, 2009, 03:58:38 PM
Once you come onto staff things start to look like this:

ROFL!

I had to copy/paste that link. I died laughing.
The man asks you:
     "'Bout damn time, lol.  She didn't bang you up too bad, did she?"
The man says, ooc:
     "OG did i jsut do that?"

Quote from: Shalooonsh
I love the players of this game.
That's not a random thought either.