dig'n poo

Started by Potaje, November 21, 2009, 04:45:25 PM

Do you think the stamina drain for diggin poo is to much?

Yes
13 (72.2%)
No
4 (22.2%)
Other (explantion below)
1 (5.6%)

Total Members Voted: 18

So I was just contemplating the fact that digging into soft dung mounds, or even dried dung mounds costs as much stamina as it does to hack sid, a very hard stone. I am wondering if others feel this makes since.
The funny little foreign man

I often hear the jingle to -Riunite on ice- when I read the estate name Reynolte, eve though there ain't no ice in Zalanthas.

I for one would like to see the stamina cost cut in half, or the rate of success improved.

I think it's supposed to be balanced against stuff like lumberjacking. Which is a bit silly, because now that everyone knows the sekrits of poop scraping the competition is enough to balance it on its own.

I've worked in a barn, and it's not THAT tiring to shovel horse shit all day.

I can imagine swinging a huge heavy blade over you shoulder and slamming it into a hard roclk would be at LEAST twice the work.

IMO, archery shouldn't take as much stam drain as it does. I used to do archery once a week for about two hours or so. Sure, my arms were tired, but I didn't have the upper arm strength that the people on Zalanthas do.

IMO, shoveling shit is more work than pulling a string back and shooting something.
The man asks you:
     "'Bout damn time, lol.  She didn't bang you up too bad, did she?"
The man says, ooc:
     "OG did i jsut do that?"

Quote from: Shalooonsh
I love the players of this game.
That's not a random thought either.

It should also sap your will to live.
"When I was a fighting man, the kettle-drums they beat;
The people scattered gold-dust before my horse's feet;
But now I am a great king, the people hound my track
With poison in my wine-cup, and daggers at my back."

I might get shot down for this, but all I really want is -more- poo...mounds. :'(

We don't need more poop mounds. We need more poop-mound turf wars.
Quote from: Vanth on February 13, 2008, 05:27:50 PM
I'm gonna go all Gimfalisette on you guys and lay down some numbers.

Quote from: BlazinDayz on November 21, 2009, 08:09:54 PM
I might get shot down for this, but all I really want is -more- poo...mounds. :'(

Invest in an apartment and a few oxen.
"When I was a fighting man, the kettle-drums they beat;
The people scattered gold-dust before my horse's feet;
But now I am a great king, the people hound my track
With poison in my wine-cup, and daggers at my back."

Quote from: Gimfalisette on November 21, 2009, 08:27:34 PM
We don't need more poop mounds. We need more poop-mound turf wars.

The skinny, blonde man is here digging into a mound of dung.

The tall, brooding man says to the skinny, blonde man: "Boy, what do ya think yer doin'?

The skinny, blonde man says to the tall, brooding man whilst looking up from his work: "Shovelin' poo, what's it look like?!

The tall, brooding man says to the skinny, blonde man, tsking first: "Thought I told you, this is -my- street.

The tall, brooding man raises his smelly stone-headed shovel above his head.

The tall, brooding man brings his shovel down hard onto the skinny, blonde man's head hard.

The skinny, blonde man is knocked unconcious, falling face first into a mound of dung.

The tall, brooding man says, smirking: "Heh, serves tha' fecker right."

The skinny, blonde man comes to.

The tall, brooding man exclaims to the skinny, blonde man as he comes to: "An' next time I'll kill ya!

It's like GTA....except with poo......hmmm, fitting somehow.
"The fear of death is the most unjustified of all fears, for there's no risk of accident for someone who's dead."
-Albert Einstein

It's hard to justify getting into a poop turf war (in Allanak) when there's a half-giant stablemaster looming over you in one spot, and a fucking templar in the other.  Both situations seem like fairly poor choices for getting into anything beyond the subtlest of altercations.

The best poo-generating spots to jockey for would probably be GMH stables.  Of course, then you have to compete against all the recruit-phase employees who aren't getting paid any other way yet, heh.
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: SmuzI come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: VanthSynthesis, you scare me a little bit.

I've been saying (or at least thinking this) for ages.

Lower stamina. Lower profitability of dung sweeping overall. Maybe raise the success rate.

Quote from: Malken on November 21, 2009, 08:29:46 PM

>sap ox

>subdue ox

> n, n, n, unlock door e, open door e, e, close door w, lock door w

>think All ur poo r dun belong 2 me!
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

Quote from: FantasyWriter on November 22, 2009, 08:34:04 AM
Quote from: Malken on November 21, 2009, 08:29:46 PM

>sap ox

>subdue ox

> n, n, n, unlock door e, open door e, e, close door w, lock door w

>think All ur poo r dun belong 2 me!

I see new rumors on the bulletin boards involving the massive disappearance of multiple oxen from the stables, and new lower apartment fees.
"The fear of death is the most unjustified of all fears, for there's no risk of accident for someone who's dead."
-Albert Einstein

Quote from: Synthesis on November 22, 2009, 12:57:13 AM
It's hard to justify getting into a poop turf war (in Allanak) when there's a half-giant stablemaster looming over you in one spot, and a fucking templar in the other.

Now that I think about it.... Why is a fucking -templar- selling animals?

Quote from: Qzzrbl on November 22, 2009, 01:27:46 PM
Quote from: Synthesis on November 22, 2009, 12:57:13 AM
It's hard to justify getting into a poop turf war (in Allanak) when there's a half-giant stablemaster looming over you in one spot, and a fucking templar in the other.

Now that I think about it.... Why is a fucking -templar- selling animals?

As an eternal warning to PC templars not to annoy their superiors.
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: SmuzI come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: VanthSynthesis, you scare me a little bit.

I would so love to see his background.
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.