Zalanthas in the classroom

Started by Prodikus, November 12, 2009, 07:26:09 PM

What sort of torment should I inflict on my students?

Boring essay
4 (20%)
We live for the one, we die for the one!
16 (80%)

Total Members Voted: 20

I'd like to incorporate ARM into my course on religion in fantasy literature. Should I:

1. Allow them the opportunity to write a paper on religion in Zalanthas.

or

2. Require they all submit applications to play as my cultists, and use them to zerg down a templar.

If your gonna do the cultist thing your thinking to small, make them all work hard and get some karma, turn it into a final exam and base the grade you give off of the Karma they get, NOT to mention once push comes to shove, send in your cultists now all with 3 or 4 karma to be bad assed ungemmed gickers, and you go get your own tower, You have a couple to choose from a nice Ivory one or ya know, the other one....

Bigger, Larger, Better, <BLB>
Two dwarves get into a small fist-fray over who owns a pile of dung at the roadside.

You think:
     "Get your shit together"

I object to the implication that the Anla-shok are cultists.

I don't care what you make them do in the classroom as long as it means they have to start playing.
You give your towering mound of dung to the inordinately young-spirited Shalooonsh.
the inordinately young-spirited Shalooonsh sends:
     "dude, how'd you know I was hungry and horny?"

It's gonna be hard to have Armageddon religion be studied. Even the worship of the God-Kings is barely a religion. That said ... this is the cleverest way of introducing new players to Armageddon I have ever heard anybody write about wanting to do. Good luck.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

Quote from: Marauder Moe on November 12, 2009, 07:41:07 PM
I object to the implication that the Anla-shok are cultists.

Ancient Mimbari religious order. Secretive, small group; follows an enigmatic teacher who speaks in parables. Sorry, did I say AN enigmatic teacher? I meant One teacher in three aspects: the One Who Was, the One Who Is, the One Who Will Be. You know, sort of like the Trinity. Oh, and by the way, one of those folks resurrects.

Sound like any cults you know?

Quote from: Olgaris on November 12, 2009, 07:41:37 PM
I don't care what you make them do in the classroom as long as it means they have to start playing.

Half will submit applications to play as Harry Potter. The other half are already witch-burning Tulukis who foam at the mouth whenever someone uses the m word. I hesitate only because I'd like to play in Allanak with my next character.

Quote from: Prodikus on November 12, 2009, 08:12:15 PM
The other half are already witch-burning Tulukis who foam at the mouth whenever someone uses the m word.
Well, we already know which half pass =P
Quote from: LauraMars
Quote from: brytta.leofaLaura, did weird tribal men follow you around at age 15?
If by weird tribal men you mean Christians then yes.

Quote from: Malifaxis
She was teabagging me.

My own mother.

Half will submit applications to play as Harry Potter. The other half are already witch-burning Tulukis who foam at the mouth whenever someone uses the m word. I hesitate only because I'd like to play in Allanak with my next character.

Oh... so you're whose responsible.
"It doesn't matter what country someone's from, or what they look like, or the color of their skin. It doesn't matter what they smell like, or that they spell words slightly differently, some would say more correctly." - Jemaine Clement. FOTC.