Dwarven Family Role Call

Started by FantasyWriter, October 21, 2009, 03:09:18 AM

October 21, 2009, 03:09:18 AM Last Edit: October 21, 2009, 04:48:49 AM by FantasyWriter
Do you love playing dwarves?
Do you hate the fact that there is no longer any dwarven tribe love?
Are you tired of being a second rate kindredless citizen in the eyes of most?
Would you like to be a part of a small dwarven family that might possibly become more?

I'm looking for two or possibly three family members who would be interested in helping to work up the family history to send into staff.
Interested players should have at least some experience RPing dwarves and able to submit their roles over the next month.

This thread is open for non-IC sensitive questions and comments, all others, please PM or IM me.

Edited to add: This IS a call for a family role, not a tribe.  I just used the lack of a dwarven tribe as an incentive. :D
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

I endorse this thread and any like it, but am waiting for the cold hand of a staff member to come in and lock it for some reason.
"You will have useful work: the destruction of evil men. What work could be more useful? This is Beyond; you will find that your work is never done -- So therefore you may never know a life of peace."

~Jack Vance~

I give this a hearty Thumbs Up.
Quote from: BleakOne
Dammit Kol you made me laugh too.
A staff member sends:
     "Hi! Please don't kill the sparring dummy."

Fantasy Writer is a great person to RP with, very chill dude.

You couldn't have posted this a few days ago, before I submitted my latest character. :(

/dwarf lover

I'm sure FW is a chill dude, but I hate dwarves with passion so I'll just, um, leave the thread...

If I'd ever played a dwarf I might think about it.

But FW seems to roleplay a responsible adult pretty consistently on the GDB, so how bad can he be IC?
Quote from: Barzalene
Besides if a Jihaen walks in on you, he walked in on you. He can't be too upset if he sees your peepee. He might have a legitimate gripe though if the manner in which you use it isn't subtle.

Totally opposite, the game is a vent for his darkest urges.

October 21, 2009, 01:28:11 PM #8 Last Edit: October 21, 2009, 01:33:44 PM by Pale Horse
Quote from: spicemustflow on October 21, 2009, 01:27:04 PM

I was wondering who arranged those gortok heads and scrab organs in that room like that.
Quote from: Dalmeth
I've come to the conclusion that relaxing is not the lack of doing anything, but doing something that comes easily to you.

Our resident family man and responsible father, who else.

Quote from: Pale Horse on October 21, 2009, 01:28:11 PM
Quote from: spicemustflow on October 21, 2009, 01:27:04 PM

I was wondering who arranged those gortok heads and scrab organs in that room like that.

I only claim the ones that are sexually violated.
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

Boy, I would hop on this so fast .... but I can't.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

I would actually LOVE to play a dwarf someday.  Even with all the tips and semi-guides I just still think I'd not do it justice and end up playing a short, strong, hairless human.

I really want to play a dwarf.  I have never been able to think up a focus that satisfies me.

I really want to play a dwarf though someday.

:'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Brandon
Quote from: Ghost on December 16, 2009, 06:15:17 PM
brandon....

you did the biggest mistake of your life

That's the one thing that upsets me sometimes.  Great roles like these come to these boards and I'm in the middle of a awesome long-lived PC that isn't probably going anywhere anytime soon.  Hope you find some great people for this roll FW.
A staff member sends:
     "Looks like you introduced him to *puts on sunslits* the school of hard Knoxx.  YEEEEAAAAAAH"

Thank you all for your interest and support!

I now have three strong candidates.
I will let you all know if one of them doesn't take the role and it opens back up.
Grebber - One who grebs.

It seems we have one opening left, if anyone else is still interested.
Grebber - One who grebs.

Can the dwarf be in existence already?
The funny little foreign man

I often hear the jingle to -Riunite on ice- when I read the estate name Reynolte, eve though there ain't no ice in Zalanthas.

Quote from: Potaje on November 03, 2009, 12:04:12 AM

No.
You give your towering mound of dung to the inordinately young-spirited Shalooonsh.
the inordinately young-spirited Shalooonsh sends:
     "dude, how'd you know I was hungry and horny?"

Quote from: Olgaris on November 03, 2009, 01:04:36 AM

No.
Wow, that was a quick smack down.  The admins fear your dwarven power FW!!!

This role will close at 6AM CDT Wednesday (tomorrow) morning.
Grebber - One who grebs.

Quote from: BlazinDayz on November 03, 2009, 12:44:30 PM
Staff have clearly stated the family guidelines.

http://www.zalanthas.org/gdb/index.php/topic,36773.msg484243.html#msg484243

Not clear enough if you're having to reproduce the post, hrm? *Happy Gilmore prick dude on golf course* Jackass.
Majikal Quote:
"I  came in a girls hair products when she was too drunk to finish blowing me... she still doesn't know. We're still friends."

It's a clear point not a an un-obscured one.

No.

Wait a second, so if I understand properly, anyone who wants to play family members must app at the same time?

Quote from: ibusoe on November 05, 2009, 04:49:24 PM

No.

Wait a second, so if I understand properly, anyone who wants to play family members must app at the same time?

Not quite.

Say I am playing Amos, the short, hairless dwarf. FW puts out a dwarven family role call while I am playing Amos. I can't go to FW to say that Amos is part of his dwarf's family.

The restriction's in place because Amos would have an entirely different family from FW's dwarf, because I already wrote the background before FW made the call.