hidden look

Started by spawnloser, August 05, 2009, 04:46:26 PM

Another point in relation to Lizzie's "I should know if the guy at the bar is naked with his cock out, but can't unless I look at him" comment.

If your PC is walking around naked, I believe that the onis is on you to make sure other people readily realize that your PC is naked. That should be one of the first things your emote.

I see PC's with say, animals on their shoulders, necks, wrists, ect walking around and always get a little erked when they don't include them in emotes at all, because having a huge hawk or owl on your shoulder should be something people notice right away because it's uncommon.

But ... like I said above, I think it's the other PC's responsibility to emote out things that should be obvious so other PC's can react to it. By and large, this is usually how it happens as well.
Quote from: Marauder Moe
Oh my god he's still rocking the sandwich.

Musashi, if they did that, I wouldn't have to look. You're right. But they don't. So I do. Staff says it's fine. And unless/until the echo is removed, people will just have to live with it.
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

Pro
Removal of spam?  :-\

Con
Hidden folks no longer know when amos notices them and can't Rp accordingly.
Raiding becomes FAR more brutal and codebased, odds are already stacked for the victim in making raiding hard to do.
A staff member sends you:
"Normally we don't see a <redacted> walk into a room full of <redacted> and start indiscriminately killing."

You send to staff:
"Welcome to Armageddon."

PRO:
Removal of spam
Loss of automatic assumption that target is being *stared* at or otherwise singled out and that "bad things" [tm] are about to happen to them.
More responsibility placed on the players to roleplay out raider scenes and use those nifty look emotes.

CON:
More brutal raiding among people who don't roleplay out scenes, on both sides. Sucks to be someone who doesn't roleplay out scenes I guess.

REMINDER: The camp that wants the echo removed from look, wants it removed only from "look target" with no emotes. People who "look target" (peeking under ^target table) [and snicker] will still create an echo.
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

Quote from: Lizzie on August 08, 2009, 08:00:41 AM
Musashi, if they did that, I wouldn't have to look. You're right. But they don't. So I do. Staff says it's fine. And unless/until the echo is removed, people will just have to live with it.

That's the situation under which I might ask the player ooc'ly to remember to emote things like that out and communicate them in their role-play.
Quote from: Marauder Moe
Oh my god he's still rocking the sandwich.