Seeya!

Started by DustMight, August 04, 2009, 05:00:38 PM

Quote from: Comrade Canadia on August 07, 2009, 04:36:00 PM
Quote from: The7DeadlyVenomz on August 07, 2009, 02:10:49 AM
How about you just take a break, come back refreshed, and forget about your "I might be leaving soon" thread?

Hogwash. Nobody leaves.

Says YOU. I'm great at leaving. I've done it at least six times now.

I haven't come back yet. Or else I never really left. Urm.
"But I don't want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.

"Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."

"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.

"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here."

Quote from: Comrade Canadia on August 07, 2009, 04:36:00 PM
Quote from: The7DeadlyVenomz on August 07, 2009, 02:10:49 AM
How about you just take a break, come back refreshed, and forget about your "I might be leaving soon" thread?

Hogwash. Nobody leaves.

Says YOU. I'm great at leaving. I've done it at least six times now.

Next time you leave, tell Mansa his cancer is going into remission!
And I vanish into the dark
And rise above my station

He'll be pleased. Having the other testicle fall off would just crush the poor boy.
Mansa to Me: "You are a cancer to ArmageddonMUD."

Eh, sometimes players do stay gone. I'm still gone and have no idea whether I'm coming back, or when.

Have to say that the difficulty of achieving anything without playing 4 hours per day is definitely a deterrent to my interest level. It's not (so much) that the game is stale or that I'm jaded; it's just I have a life which is more important than this game is. If I could play an hour a day and make reasonable progress over time in terms of coins, possessions, skills, contacts, friendships, and plots, in the types of roles that I enjoy; then I would probably do so. But the way the game is set up now, playing such a limited quantity is frustrating for all those to whom I have spoken who experience similar time constraints. (Yes, I do believe there are many things that could be added to the gameworld to make ARM more casual-friendly.)
Quote from: Vanth on February 13, 2008, 05:27:50 PM
I'm gonna go all Gimfalisette on you guys and lay down some numbers.

Quote from: Gimfalisette on August 10, 2009, 11:55:30 AM
Have to say that the difficulty of achieving anything without playing 4 hours per day is definitely a deterrent to my interest level. It's not (so much) that the game is stale or that I'm jaded; it's just I have a life which is more important than this game is. If I could play an hour a day and make reasonable progress over time in terms of coins, possessions, skills, contacts, friendships, and plots, in the types of roles that I enjoy; then I would probably do so. But the way the game is set up now, playing such a limited quantity is frustrating for all those to whom I have spoken who experience similar time constraints. (Yes, I do believe there are many things that could be added to the gameworld to make ARM more casual-friendly.)

QFTFT.
Quote from: Fnord on November 27, 2010, 01:55:19 PM
May the fap be with you, always. ;D

Eh, sometimes players do stay gone. I'm still gone and have no idea whether I'm coming back, or when.

That's what's kept me away for the last loooong time, though I like to hold out hope for some fit of depression, loneliness and unemployment when I can pick the game up again.

Also I want my kitten damn it.
"But I don't want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.

"Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."

"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.

"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here."

Have to say that the difficulty of achieving anything without playing 4 hours per day is definitely a deterrent to my interest level.

I really did enjoy playing the-last-character-I-cared-about.  But I knew (s)he was tremendously limited in what (s)he could ever achieve: you just really can't play a leader character who misses RPTs and is unknown to 3/4 of the local population and is the last one to hear about anything.
The sword is sharp, the spear is long,
The arrow swift, the Gate is strong.
The heart is bold that looks on gold;
The dwarves no more shall suffer wrong.

No kidding. That said, in keeping with my own marvelous skills at quitting - I'm quitting the game again, this time (and for the first time) with the intent for it to be permanent. I may poke around if Arm 2 comes about, but the game -has- changed. Fare thee well armag!
Mansa to Me: "You are a cancer to ArmageddonMUD."

Here's the thing - searching the internet over I can not find a better place to role-play.  Despite whatever problems I have with Armageddon - it's still the only place where you can really RP and still have death be a real and palpable fear. 

Welcome back. Come on in, the water's fine.

Quote from: Gimfalisette on October 14, 2009, 06:36:46 PM

And deep...and dark...and no way to see the bottom...
Quote from: Dalmeth
I've come to the conclusion that relaxing is not the lack of doing anything, but doing something that comes easily to you.

To be honest, I also said this....then some of my long time Arm friends talked back into playing. I don't play much, but I do play nonetheless......as much as I want to leave Arm and concentrate on real life....there are those times when you have absolutely nothing to do and low and behold your mind wanders to Arm topics........it's a curse....a very, very, very sexy curse that takes over your soul.

--<*Titansfan*>--
Respect. Responsibility. Compassion.

I haven't read the other replies because I assumed it would turn into a flame war so forgive me if I am just repeating what another has said.

I have been playing the game for a very long time myself and I would have to agree with your observations regarding the changes, for the most part. I agree that Allanak seems to hold what -I- feel Armageddon is and Tuluk seems a bit out of place.

I loved the occupation version of Tuluk, it felt like it fit in great. There were rebels and a resistance, the north was chaotic and dangerous. It was like a small hunting outpost that always had conflict. Hell, when the north became occupied that was the only place I would play. Now I have played a handful of PCs there and I, personally, hate the feel of it. I think a good idea was thought up but someone went way overboard with it.

Please don't get me wrong though. Tuluk has some awesome elements. Wonderful building, -great- ideas. It just doesn't feel like the harsh world of Armageddon to me. Maybe Tek needs to take it again  ;D

On that note; I think taking a break is a good idea but make sure you come back.  ;) You still have Allanak! And I am also willing to bet that a lot of the older players tend to be drawn down there.

Gargath, the Scapegoat of Despair

Softly, the evil sorcerer says, in sirihish:
     "Great Tektolnes' Hairy Balls!  That's rather amazin'"

The evil sorcerer thinks: Hm, does he really have hair on them?  Gah.. stop thinking about this.

Another victim of the Crackageddon Tractor Beam.

Quote from: LoD on October 15, 2009, 10:37:04 AM

Another victim of the Crackageddon Tractor Beam.

*nods sagely* And we're the richer for it.   :)
No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.

- Eleanor Roosevelt

I will neither confirm nor deny that I may, or may not, play ARM now or at some time in the theoretical future. Probably.

Quote from: Gimfalisette on October 17, 2009, 02:43:24 PM
I will neither confirm nor deny that I may, or may not, play ARM now or at some time in the theoretical future. Probably.

I'm going to say this again.  I did not have sexual relations with that character....  

These allegations are false.

That depends on what your definition of "is", is.

Quote from: Gimfalisette on October 17, 2009, 04:21:48 PM
That depends on what your definition of "is", is.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/is

Main Entry: 1is
Etymology: Middle English, from Old English; akin to Old High German ist is (from sīn to be), Latin est (from esse to be), Greek esti (from einai to be)
present 3d singular of be
dialect present 1st & 2d singular of be
dialect present plural of be
どんと来い、生活の悪循環!!1!11
Quote from: Yam on March 18, 2011, 09:57:04 AM
There's really nothing wrong with a pretty boy in a dress.