I'd Like To Encourage

Started by Is Friday, February 21, 2009, 02:50:09 PM

Quote from: musashi on October 19, 2009, 05:27:42 AM
Quote from: Jdr on October 19, 2009, 05:13:46 AM
Pickpockets. If you see me tottering about with my bag full of goods open, or coin in places you can access, take a chance! I promise, promise, promise I won't kill you. I won't even give much of a chase or demand a manhunt. I swear it.

If I'm being so insecure with my property, it means I'm deliberately doing it for the shadies. In fact, you should all assume this, of anyone. Not just me.

Except the part about assuming that you won't give much of a chase or demand a manhunt, it's probably better not to assume that of everyone.

If only pickpockets could get a few NPC soldiers to say this.
Quote from: Gimfalisette
(10:00:49 PM) Gimf: Yes, you sentence? I sentence often.

Trust that if you have not been nicked then it is only that someone next to you was more desirable. Give it time.
The funny little foreign man

I often hear the jingle to -Riunite on ice- when I read the estate name Reynolte, eve though there ain't no ice in Zalanthas.

I had a character once who should have been the prize of every PP out there.
NEVER had anything come up missing, though. :(
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

I agree with JDR.
Quote from: Cutthroat on September 30, 2008, 10:15:55 PM
> forage artifacts

You find a rusty, armed landmine and pick it up.

I've only been pick-pocketed when my character was sleeping. =/

Quote from: hyzhenhok on October 20, 2009, 01:35:36 PM
That was most likely one of the many poor citizens of Zalanthas then and not an actual pick-pocket. =P
Quote from: LauraMars
Quote from: brytta.leofaLaura, did weird tribal men follow you around at age 15?
If by weird tribal men you mean Christians then yes.

Quote from: Malifaxis
She was teabagging me.

My own mother.

I would like to encourage more bearded women and men wearing dresses to put an end to this gender role situation.

Quote from: Rhyden on October 20, 2009, 01:54:20 PM
I would like to encourage more bearded women and men wearing dresses to put an end to this gender role situation.

I'd like to encourage Rhyden's gender manifesto.
Quote from: manonfire on November 04, 2013, 08:11:36 AM
The secret to great RP is having the balls to be weird and the brains to make it eloquent.

I'd like to encourage more shirtless women, men afraid to take their shirt off, and elves that look neither male nor female to a human's eye.
Quote from: Cutthroat on September 30, 2008, 10:15:55 PM
> forage artifacts

You find a rusty, armed landmine and pick it up.

October 20, 2009, 10:35:44 PM #359 Last Edit: October 20, 2009, 10:37:40 PM by hyzhenhok
Quote from: Gunnerblaster on October 20, 2009, 01:44:40 PM
That was most likely one of the many poor citizens of Zalanthas then and not an actual pick-pocket. =P

I can't say I really know how the code works too well, so whatever. I'd hope that it requires some degree of skill to steal from someone who's sleeping in a common sleeping area, though. Though that probably means the hide skill, meaning not pick-pockets. ;)

I'd like to encourage players to take chances with the way they express their characters, both stylistically and emotionally.  My style of emoting may be best for me, while yours is entirely different - which is a good thing.  The same can be said for speech patterns, preferred psychological make-ups, and so on.  Push that envelop, and don't worry so much about things like perfect spelling or appeasing another's sense of what "good" role-play is.  Armageddon can be like an adult playpen.  Create, explore, and have fun!
No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.

- Eleanor Roosevelt

Quote from: hyzhenhok on October 20, 2009, 10:35:44 PM
Quote from: Gunnerblaster on October 20, 2009, 01:44:40 PM

I can't say I really know how the code works too well, so whatever. I'd hope that it requires some degree of skill to steal from someone who's sleeping in a common sleeping area, though. Though that probably means the hide skill, meaning not pick-pockets. ;)
stealing from sleeping folks is automatic win.  However stealing from awake folks is either win, lose and don't get crim flagged or lose and half the city turns against you.

Look at people before you start interacting with them. My characters tend to change clothes, depending on the occasion. Sometimes even disguise themselves. If I'm wearing a wig and kohl, and silk when I usually wear sandcloth.... You likely don't recognize me.

Plus I know a lot of people have been using tdesc. Don't forget to look at that as well!!
The man asks you:
     "'Bout damn time, lol.  She didn't bang you up too bad, did she?"
The man says, ooc:
     "OG did i jsut do that?"

Quote from: Shalooonsh
I love the players of this game.
That's not a random thought either.

Quote from: tortall on October 21, 2009, 03:23:20 PM
Look at people before you start interacting with them. My characters tend to change clothes, depending on the occasion. Sometimes even disguise themselves. If I'm wearing a wig and kohl, and silk when I usually wear sandcloth.... You likely don't recognize me.

Plus I know a lot of people have been using tdesc. Don't forget to look at that as well!!

I second this. I try to look at everyone I interact with every time. Even those that I've run into a thousand times.
Quote from: nessalin on July 11, 2016, 02:48:32 PM
Trunk
hidden by 'body/torso'
hides nipples

Quote from: tortall on October 21, 2009, 03:23:20 PM

I do... I just wish look without a modifier didn't echo to anyone but the person they looked at.

Brandon
Quote from: Ghost on December 16, 2009, 06:15:17 PM
brandon....

you did the biggest mistake of your life

God, first people complain that look is used too much...now that it is not used enough.

My PC (current) Rarely looks at other PCs...he simply does not care enough about any of you.
A gaunt, yellow-skinned gith shrieks in fear, and hauls ass.
Lizzie:
If you -want- me to think that your character is a hybrid of a black kryl and a white push-broom shaped like a penis, then you've done a great job

Quote from: X-D on October 21, 2009, 05:11:52 PM
God, first people complain that look is used too much...now that it is not used enough.

My PC (current) Rarely looks at other PCs...he simply does not care enough about any of you.

I think people were complaining about the echo, not so much the actual look. Though I agree it shouldn't echo. :-p
The man asks you:
The man says, ooc:
     "OG did i jsut do that?"

I've said this before, but I'll bring it up again.

Use hemote and watch more. It's amazing how much people miss sometimes. If you're talking to someone and focusing mostly on them, WATCH them. Just getting the wach echo prompts many to use hemote.
The man asks you:
The man says, ooc:
     "OG did i jsut do that?"

Quote from: tortall on October 21, 2009, 05:36:26 PM
Use hemote and watch more.

I've thought about doing the latter more.

Then I wondered if people will then start complaining about there been too many 'watch' echoes, similar to the complaints about the 'look' echoes.

::)

Quote from: HTX on October 21, 2009, 08:48:05 PM
Quote from: tortall on October 21, 2009, 05:36:26 PM
Use hemote and watch more.

I've thought about doing the latter more.

Then I wondered if people will then start complaining about there been too many 'watch' echoes, similar to the complaints about the 'look' echoes.

::)

I always feel oddly flattered when I notice other PCs watching mine. Like they think I'm interesting or something.
Quote from: Oryxin a land...where nothing is as it seems
lol
wait wait
in a harsh desert..wait
in a world...where everything's out to kill you
one man (or woman) stands sort of alone
only not really
lol
KURAC

I watch other PCs in the hope that they will then be inspired to hemote, and then they usually don't, and I'm disappointed :(
Quote from: Vanth on February 13, 2008, 05:27:50 PM
I'm gonna go all Gimfalisette on you guys and lay down some numbers.

Quote from: Spice Spice Baby on October 21, 2009, 08:49:48 PM
I always feel oddly flattered when I notice other PCs watching mine. Like they think I'm interesting or something.

Heh, same here. It's like, "awww, cool."
Quote from: nessalin on July 11, 2016, 02:48:32 PM
Trunk
hidden by 'body/torso'
hides nipples

Quote from: Zoltan on October 21, 2009, 09:03:57 PM
Quote from: Spice Spice Baby on October 21, 2009, 08:49:48 PM

Heh, same here. It's like, "awww, cool."
The only reason, when I notice people watching me, is usually because they suspect I'm up to good.

Unfortunately, it's usually true. ;)
Quote from: LauraMars
Quote from: brytta.leofaLaura, did weird tribal men follow you around at age 15?
If by weird tribal men you mean Christians then yes.

Quote from: Malifaxis
She was teabagging me.

My own mother.

Quote from: Gimfalisette on October 21, 2009, 08:52:58 PM
I watch other PCs in the hope that they will then be inspired to hemote, and then they usually don't, and I'm disappointed :(

I think people mud sexing/ or eluding to it should watch each other and hemote, as well.. I mean love making and making out is an art of both obviousness ans subtlety.

this also works when your pc and his mate encounter another pc, you and your mate hemote sign conversation about the new pc...
The funny little foreign man

I often hear the jingle to -Riunite on ice- when I read the estate name Reynolte, eve though there ain't no ice in Zalanthas.

Quote from: Potaje on October 22, 2009, 10:22:01 PM
Quote from: Gimfalisette on October 21, 2009, 08:52:58 PM

I think people mud sexing/ or eluding to it should watch each other and hemote, as well.. I mean love making and making out is an art of both obviousness ans subtlety.

this also works when your pc and his mate encounter another pc, you and your mate hemote sign conversation about the new pc...
hemo reaches a finger around to probe at ^potaje backside.
think Don't stop me, don't stop me!!!

:-\
Quote from: Marauder Moe
Oh my god he's still rocking the sandwich.