Festival Time Again!

Started by Olafson, February 01, 2009, 01:17:06 AM

Yes, its that time a year again, almost exactly to the year, its Festival Time!

Host:  House Kurac
Place: Luir's Outpost

When: Feb. 12, 13, 14 (I know, Valentine's Day) and 15th...wait...and...Feb. 19, 20, 21 and 22

We're trying to spread things out more this year so that its not as rushed and not as hard on the hosts.

Note:  This is of course an ooc post, just warning you to make plans ooc.  Posts will be appearing ic'ly if they haven't already.
Note 2: All complaints about Valentine's Day will be ignored.  Please see responses to last years posting...which I don't have the link to.

Quote from: Olafson on February 01, 2009, 01:17:06 AM
Note 2: All complaints about Valentine's Day will be ignored.  Please see responses to last years posting...which I don't have the link to.

Not by me.  I'm a sympathetic ear to all complaints, as I whole-heartedly agree with any and all spouted off about it - especially pertaining to the date it's being held on!

We're inconsiderate people, for scheduling this to take place on this day.

However - on a more helpful note - as it needs to be said again and again - this is taking place on TWO separate weekends.  Yes, we plan on stealing your weekends from you, so that you can't do anything else with them but attend Luir's Fest. - For TWO... yes, count them... TWO straight weekends.

Rad, you guys. 

Luirsfest: don't miss it.
Quote from: manonfire on November 04, 2013, 08:11:36 AM
The secret to great RP is having the balls to be weird and the brains to make it eloquent.

I'm pretty sure I won't be making an appearance. But I'll certainly be playing those days.

Quote from: RogueGunslinger on February 01, 2009, 02:40:39 AM
I'm pretty sure I won't be making an appearance. But I'll certainly be playing those days.

It's okay.  We won't miss you.  :P

February 21 is a player-staff meeting. That is something you might want to consider.

The player-staff meeting is when the staff announces that Kurac has successfully defeated Allanak and Tuluk, has unearthed Steinal, and has made Luir's merely a satellite office for their empire.

It's all working exactly according to plan and the schedule is perfect.

Now someone please pass me the tho.
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

This is utterly, terribly sweet. For real. I missed this last year, it being right after I started playing, this year... consider my ass there.
Quote from: Wug
No one on staff is just waiting for the opportunity to get revenge on someone who killed one of their characters years ago.

Except me. I remember every death. And I am coming for you bastards.

Damn, you guys are talking up all the weekend for RPTs! ~shakes her fist~

Because clearly I'm going to be here. Who would miss it? No one. Luirs. Nice, in the middle. Tuluk, Allanak. Do it.
The man asks you:
     "'Bout damn time, lol.  She didn't bang you up too bad, did she?"
The man says, ooc:
     "OG did i jsut do that?"

Quote from: Shalooonsh
I love the players of this game.
That's not a random thought either.

Two words: DON'T MISS!

>drop pants
You do not have that item.

I'd have to be CRAZY to miss this.

CRAZY.

This is what you should be telling yourselves. Come on thieves of the 'rinth. Even you UnderTuluk dwellers. Know a desert elf that doesn't ENTIRELY mind a large group of distracted people to steal from? INVITE THEM.
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

Alright all.  Since no one else has done so, I'm going to be posting the times it will be officially starting on all the days it's taking place.  I won't include the events, those will be announced in an IC forum.

Thursday (12th) - 8pm EST and then again at 9pm EST - if the first doesn't overrun.
Friday (13th) - 9pm EST
Saturday (14th) - 9pm EST
Sunday (15th) - 9pm EST

The weekend after:

Thursday (19th) - 8pm EST
Friday (20th) - 8pm EST
Saturday (21st) - 8pm EST
Sunday (22nd) - Still to be decided

I'm not missing this.

>drop pants
You do not have that item.

I beg of you all, make Friday and Saturday the MOST interesting ones, because Thursday and Sunday I'll likely be late to show up, if at all.

Because I swear to you all, I will not miss this festival again. I've missed it before, and almost quit the game over how awesome it WASN'T for me =\

If your tour group requires special accommodations, be sure to make appropriate arrangements in-character.
The sword is sharp, the spear is long,
The arrow swift, the Gate is strong.
The heart is bold that looks on gold;
The dwarves no more shall suffer wrong.

Yeah, so stop spamming with PM's guys. I know I have the only argosy with stripper poles, but I just can't condone that kind of OOC behavior.

Wow. You guys are crazy :D

Heh, I feel pity for the city-state militia. They're going to be sitting there with nobody around for two weekends ;)
Quote from: Rahnevyn on March 09, 2009, 03:39:45 PM
Clans can give stat bonuses and penalties, too. The Byn drop in wisdom is particularly notorious.

Quote from: SMuz on February 09, 2009, 01:17:51 PM

Heh, I feel pity for the city-state militia. They're going to be sitting there with nobody around for two weekends ;)

Kurac COULD ask for reinforcements to help with the crowd, but I think it would be unlikely.
Shrug.
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

Trust me, all clans usually find a way to make it happen. Whether it create conflict or not. (conflict is good)

Hell yes. I just -might- be able to make it to my first Luir's Fest. (In two years of playing  :'()
Quote from: nessalin on July 11, 2016, 02:48:32 PM
Trunk
hidden by 'body/torso'
hides nipples

Quote from: Zoltan on February 09, 2009, 05:13:26 PM
Hell yes. I just -might- be able to make it to my first Luir's Fest. (In two years of playing  :'()

My sentiments exactly.
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

Quote from: SMuz on February 09, 2009, 01:17:51 PM

Pssst.

Don't bait them! Or they might forbid people from leaving the city for two weeks.
Don't piss me off. I'm running out of places to hide the bodies.

Quote from: RogueGunslinger on February 09, 2009, 01:15:02 PM
Yeah, so stop spamming with PM's guys. I know I have the only argosy with stripper poles, but I just can't condone that kind of OOC behavior.

You've obviously never been inside one of the gypsy's wagons, have you?
Quote from: Dalmeth
I've come to the conclusion that relaxing is not the lack of doing anything, but doing something that comes easily to you.

Quote from: Pale Horse on February 09, 2009, 10:11:10 PM
Quote from: RogueGunslinger on February 09, 2009, 01:15:02 PM

You've obviously never been inside one of the gypsy's wagons, have you?

TWO DAYS AWAY.  Hopefully with the events spaced out, so as to make things easier on us folks hosting it, you'll all still find it thoroughly enjoyable.  Kudo's are a must give to all Kuraci having planned out these events - and the IMM's making it all possible, and doubly more with new and IC things. :P

Quote from: Blue on February 08, 2009, 03:08:35 PM
I won't include the events, those will be announced in an IC forum.

Announced before? Because it didn't look to me last night like there's anything announced on the Luir's rumor board, even.
Quote from: Vanth on February 13, 2008, 05:27:50 PM
I'm gonna go all Gimfalisette on you guys and lay down some numbers.

Quote from: Gimfalisette on February 12, 2009, 09:28:36 AM
Quote from: Blue on February 08, 2009, 03:08:35 PM
I won't include the events, those will be announced in an IC forum.

Announced before? Because it didn't look to me last night like there's anything announced on the Luir's rumor board, even.

Check it. Right now.
Quote from: scienceAn early study by Plaut and Kohn-Speyer (1947)[11] found that horse smegma had a carcinogenic effect on mice. Heins et al.(1958)

That contest was so much fucking fun.  Off to a damned good start.  If you're not there and shit-faced, you should be!

Hey, my calendar says that it's 13 Feb (I'm +12 EST), so I got confused :P
Quote from: Rahnevyn on March 09, 2009, 03:39:45 PM
Clans can give stat bonuses and penalties, too. The Byn drop in wisdom is particularly notorious.

I feel drunk, and haven't drank a drop IRL... damn I love this party!
Grebber - One who grebs.

*crying* I want to go to LuirsFest! Wahhhhhhhhhhh

:'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Much fun. Between the games, the hosts, the guests in all their drunken revelry - much fun!
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

Man, I still have 7 more days of this! WOO!!
The man asks you:
The man says, ooc:
     "OG did i jsut do that?"

Wow, wow, and more wow.
Grebber - One who grebs.

Glad you're all enjoying this!  You're making it an absolute blast for myself!

This has been some awesomely enjoyable shit.

Great idea to spread everything out more. It's far less hectic than in times past.

Quote from: FantasyWriter on February 13, 2009, 10:31:18 PM
I feel drunk, and haven't drank a drop IRL... damn I love this party!
"And all around is the desert; a corner of the mournful kingdom of sand."
   - Pierre Loti

i am tired and want to go to sleep... but I am afraid I might miss something. :(
Grebber - One who grebs.

I love to hate Luir's Fest.
she said slow down this train
slow down the iron that runs in my veins

Thanks to everyone who is turning up and creating awesome fun!

Quote from: a strange shadow on February 14, 2009, 01:22:10 AM
This has been some awesomely enjoyable shit.

Great idea to spread everything out more. It's far less hectic than in times past.

Yeah, with it spread out, I can actually catch a good chunk of it. Weekend RPTs... *grumble grumble*
Quote from: nessalin on July 11, 2016, 02:48:32 PM
Trunk
hidden by 'body/torso'
hides nipples

Quote from: a strange shadow on February 14, 2009, 01:22:10 AM

Good to know this change is working out well.

I'm not used to all this spam, anymore. Halp.  :-\
"When I was a fighting man, the kettle-drums they beat;
The people scattered gold-dust before my horse's feet;
But now I am a great king, the people hound my track
With poison in my wine-cup, and daggers at my back."

Pssst. Hey guys. Kurac is continuing the festival this weekend in case you forgot. Saved the good stuff for last. Come? Come. Come! Especially tomorrow.   ;)
Quote from: Gimfalisette
(10:00:49 PM) Gimf: Yes, you sentence? I sentence often.

Damn moving. I can't get enough time to get there and really enjoy it. :-(
The man asks you:
The man says, ooc:
     "OG did i jsut do that?"

Thanks to the imms and players that put this together.  I really enjoyed it and hadn't experienced anything like it in the game before.