Sun Runners!

Started by th3kaiser, January 26, 2009, 06:44:02 PM

Sun Runners are back in action. There are some talented folks and room for plenty more.
The Sun Runners are a wonderfully fleshed out tribe with riveting documentation. So, if you're at all in the market for a delf, I'd say now is the time.

The Sun Runners have picked up in activity. I've seen their players in action and am pleased.

There are three d.elf tribes currently populated with at least 2-3 pcs.

Things are looking great thus far.

I can vouch for the SR's as being one of the most awesome tribes out there.

Quote from: Eloran on January 26, 2009, 06:55:44 PM
There are three d.elf tribes currently populated with at least 2-3 pcs.

Actually four, to be precise. The Pah is definitely hopping currently!
"The fear of death is the most unjustified of all fears, for there's no risk of accident for someone who's dead." - Albert Einstein

Hey guys, you know what tribe is awesome?

This one.
And I vanish into the dark
And rise above my station

"The fear of death is the most unjustified of all fears, for there's no risk of accident for someone who's dead." - Albert Einstein

Are we going to have to settle this while wrestling naked in a pit of oiled broccoli, miss?

Quote from: Fathi on February 03, 2009, 05:06:01 AM
Are we going to have to settle this while wrestling naked in a pit of oiled broccoli, miss?

I think we may have to, my dear.

The Tablelands are chock full of people. Get into one of these tribes before you miss out. Sun Runners is a great place to start.

Quote from: dustbunny on February 03, 2009, 10:40:21 PM

I'll suicide my current char to join the the winning d-elf tribe, just so long as I can have the broccoli afterwards. ;D
Quote from: Scarecrow on February 21, 2014, 04:45:46 PMIn Zalanthas, people don't dig graves with shovels, they dig them with their own tongues.

Quote from: Kevo on February 05, 2009, 05:20:28 PM
Quote from: dustbunny on February 03, 2009, 10:40:21 PM

I'll suicide my current char to join the the winning d-elf tribe, just so long as I can have the broccoli afterwards. ;D

Lies.
Quote from: Wug
No one on staff is just waiting for the opportunity to get revenge on someone who killed one of their characters years ago.

Except me. I remember every death. And I am coming for you bastards.

<33333333333333333333333333333 the Runners. That is all.
Rickey's Law: People don't want "A story". They want their story.

Got a bit of a hate/love relation to the Sun Runners, but all things aside, it's a cool tribe with a nice atmosphere and documentation. I recommend trying it out.

I finally figured out why the SLK is my least favorite d.elf tribe.  They're the Byn of desert elves.

Play a Sun Runner instead.  That's a real desert elf tribe.
Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.

Quote from: spawnloser on February 16, 2009, 03:50:19 PM
I finally figured out why the SLK is my least favorite d.elf tribe.  They're the Byn of desert elves.

I would take that as a compliment, had I an SLK elf.
Which would make the Sun Runners what? The Council of Gemmed of desert elves?

::)

I was gonna say the rinthis, but we all know that's the Fangs. ;)

Obviously, they're the House Fale of the desert elves.

That said, I've seen alot of really convincing Sun Runners running around out there.  Keep it up, kids.
she said slow down this train
slow down the iron that runs in my veins

Quote from: Rhyden on February 16, 2009, 05:22:27 PM
No, that's the ATV.  The SR are a Kadius/Fale hybrid.

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.

Quote from: spawnloser on February 16, 2009, 06:33:55 PM
Quote from: Rhyden on February 16, 2009, 05:22:27 PM
No, that's the ATV.  The SR are a Kadius/Fale hybrid.

Touché

February 16, 2009, 09:04:21 PM #17 Last Edit: February 17, 2009, 11:36:53 AM by Hot_Dancer
Quote from: spawnloser on February 16, 2009, 03:50:19 PM

I don't understand what you're trying to say here about the Soh. If you are saying you recommend them
to new elves like a new player to the Byn, I agree. The Soh have been the most regularly represented
and probably the most consistent elven tribal culture for the past four years in the game.

At times, the other tribes will be stacked with more PC's with magickal ability than those without and it
can create an awkward playing experience. I do not believe there is an active Desert Elf tribe that states,
"It is uncommon or rare to not have magickal ability in this tribe." The PC population is the one you probably
interact with most in your player clan and this can be jarring.

If you're saying the Soh lack polish as a roleplayer as a new player might, you could be offending large and
growing base of skilled players.

I adore the Sun Runners and their documentation however and would gladly play another down the line.

(modified due to some exaggeration)
Anonymous:  I don't get why magickers are so amazingly powerful in Arm.

Anonymous:  I mean... the concept of making one class completely dominating, and able to crush any other class after 5 days of power-playing, seems ridiculous to me.

Not really, to any interpretation you've offered, HD.  I'm saying that, to me, the Soh are the "I want to play a desert elf in an established tribe but don't want to have magickers be a normal part of the routine," tribe.  The other tribes accept magickers (to varying degree) while the Soh is predominantly mundane.  Not only that, they are mostly the aggressive and physical warrior/ranger types, much like the Byn is the rough-and-tumble, dirty-and-gritty sort amongst the human section of the world.  I like dirty and gritty and am not opposed to rough-and-tumble... but in a different fashion, where it isn't all physical.

What it truly comes down to is this, though: To me, the Sun Runners are truest to the essence of what it is to be an elf... social and mental, conniving thieves and con-artists out to rip everyone off.  The Soh are more like the elven equivalent to the Blackmoon, in my perception, but with an elven bent.  They're conning people, but not as a merchant or thief would, and that's how I think of an elf and how I identify with an elf and how I play an elf.

This may color me old, but the only tribe is the Blackwing.  *sigh*

February 17, 2009, 11:51:48 AM #20 Last Edit: February 17, 2009, 12:58:07 PM by Hot_Dancer
I see a 'real' elven experience as one that focuses on the tribe instead of conning and stealing.

It can be hard to push the tribe when you have a group of player concepts who are not very
compatible in their daily activities.

I think you need an established core and teamwork in an elven tribe to really bring out their flavor
before you begin adding those special character types. You gotta have your basic hunters
and gatherers for the tribe first. The Soh, in comparison with other tribes tend to pull this off more
frequently and with better regularity because that is what they are and it is a large part of the
group's focus.

If I rated the current Sun Runner playerbase to my current and limited game knowledge, they've
established a better core now than they have done in a long time. They can really provide an
excellent elven experience at this time. Granted, I am a player and this could be wholly inaccurate.

Cheers,
HD.
Anonymous:  I don't get why magickers are so amazingly powerful in Arm.

Anonymous:  I mean... the concept of making one class completely dominating, and able to crush any other class after 5 days of power-playing, seems ridiculous to me.

In all of my many experiences....Stalkers take the first spot for me, but overall...all the elven tribes are very enjoyable. As long as you find a good role to fit and have the mind-set for these kinds of things. Simply put d-elves aren't for everyone, and certain tribes aren't for everyone. But it never hurts to try. And I suggest you all give atleast one of these fantastic tribes a chance.
Respect. Responsibility. Compassion.

If you want a tribal experience that's simultaneously festive and lavish without losing any of the  down-and-dirty, backroom-dealing, conniving cutthroat bastardry of desert elf life, toss your surmac into the ring and start working on your alcohol tolerance.

Now is an excellent time to give the Sun Runners a try. ... Or another try if your last one died of liver failure.

Never known how to brew alcohol? Well, these elves do it in style.

It's not a desert party until you have Sun Runners there.

I highly endorse this tribe.
Quote from: LauraMars
Quote from: brytta.leofaLaura, did weird tribal men follow you around at age 15?
If by weird tribal men you mean Christians then yes.

Quote from: Malifaxis
She was teabagging me.

My own mother.

If you ever considered playing a Sun Runner, now might be the best time to try. The tribe is full of awesome players in both peaks and off-peaks. If you hesitate to app because it would be your first d-elf, don't worry - we'd show you what is the life of the Runner about.

(The tribe has quite in-depth documentation available. If you plan a character in the tribe, it might be helpful to ask d-elf IMMs to send you a copy of it.)