Cousin Role

Started by titansfan, January 24, 2009, 01:33:54 AM

I'm checking around seeing if any experienced players would wish to play a cousin for my current character. PM me for more details if you're interested. This is a city elf role just so you know.
Respect. Responsibility. Compassion.

The role has been filled. I will have roles open in the future for more family for this role, so stay tuned.

Posting three roles this time. A brother and two cousins. This is a city elf role and you ARE in a tribe. PM me for more details.

Adding to the oppurtunities above:

Brother/sister: Must be assassin
Cousins: Merchant/Warrior/Shadow Mage (any combination of these works)*Can be male or female*

Just wanted to add these specifications in there.

--Titansfan

Really should not a) specify that, or b) post that.

HEY EVERYBODY LOOK OUT FOR DROV-BUFFED ASSASSIN ELVES.

That's what you basically shouted out on the GDB.

Also, it's not very cool to "fill out" your tribe with convenient guilds.

January 30, 2009, 04:30:07 PM #5 Last Edit: January 30, 2009, 04:33:47 PM by Qzzrbl
Quote from: a strange shadow on January 30, 2009, 04:08:43 PM
Really should not a) specify that, or b) post that.

That's what you basically shouted out on the GDB.

Also, it's not very cool to "fill out" your tribe with convenient guilds.

I seriously didn't get that impression until you said something about it.

:(

::EDIT:: On another note, I suggest anyone looking for a role take one of these.

Titansfan's a pretty bitchin' guy to play with.

;D

Actually, I appreciate his throwing that out there shadow. Now I know where not to play for the next few weeks.

Funny, 'cause now I know where to get the most interesting interaction now.

Quote from: a strange shadow on January 30, 2009, 04:08:43 PM

No!  Fear the drov-buffed merchant elves!
Quote from: Synthesis
Quote from: lordcooper
You go south and one of the other directions that isn't north.  That is seriously the limit of my geographical knowledge of Arm.
Sarge?

January 30, 2009, 04:55:05 PM #9 Last Edit: January 30, 2009, 05:05:43 PM by Semper
Quote from: titansfan on January 30, 2009, 02:16:15 PM

Cousins: Merchant/Warrior/Shadow Mage (any combination of these works)*Can be male or female*

--Titansfan

Quote from: a strange shadow...it's not very cool to "fill out" your tribe with convenient guilds.
I think this is the more likely reason why it's not generally done. Is the reason for this family role for the roleplay and interaction involved, or is it because you're lacking that particular boost or skill sets IG?

To be honest, it's hard to tell apart.

[Edited to add] If it's recruitment for a city-elven family, if there's a particular reason why only an assassin sibling (or other) is possible, it can be explained in the documentation you send to the player. Then wouldn't seem suspicious to some folks.

[Edited again] Then again, people have different expectations from these family roles. Personally, my only concern would be seeing a family conveniently with an assassin, pickpocket, burglar, merchant, ranger, all bound together with a family "trust". That situation wouldn't be too fair for the rest of the player base.
"And all around is the desert; a corner of the mournful kingdom of sand."
   - Pierre Loti

January 30, 2009, 06:57:24 PM #10 Last Edit: January 30, 2009, 06:59:04 PM by staggerlee
Quote from: Semper on January 30, 2009, 04:55:05 PM
Quote from: titansfan on January 30, 2009, 02:16:15 PM

--Titansfan

Quote from: a strange shadow...it's not very cool to "fill out" your tribe with convenient guilds.
I think this is the more likely reason why it's not generally done. Is the reason for this family role for the roleplay and interaction involved, or is it because you're lacking that particular boost or skill sets IG?

To be honest, it's hard to tell apart.

[Edited to add] If it's recruitment for a city-elven family, if there's a particular reason why only an assassin sibling (or other) is possible, it can be explained in the documentation you send to the player. Then wouldn't seem suspicious to some folks.

[Edited again] Then again, people have different expectations from these family roles. Personally, my only concern would be seeing a family conveniently with an assassin, pickpocket, burglar, merchant, ranger, all bound together with a family "trust". That situation wouldn't be too fair for the rest of the player base.

I would not think it ever appropriate to demand that family members play a specific class. There is no reason that you should know what class their character is to be.  They're filling a role, not a class spot in an adventuring party.

The only exception I could see would be in cases of characters that had been written into the history as a magicker of some kind, they can be a class as much as a role - it's not like your merchant can spit fire. In which case I'd bring up your requirement in PM, so that every player on the gdb didn't know the newest city elf clan had a drovian in it.
"But I don't want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.

"Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."

"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.

"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here."

I need a brother/sister who is absolutely loyal to the family. But only if they're a mindbending sorceror. Rangers or pickpockets can fuck off.

Quote from: Clearsighted on January 30, 2009, 09:13:00 PM
I need a brother/sister who is absolutely loyal to the family. But only if they're a mindbending sorceror. Rangers or pickpockets can fuck off.

They must also have atleast AI wisdom and endurance. If you rolled lower, suicide, and make a younger brother/sister.

Okay I have the documentation to back it up, and why does everyone think that it's always about power-gaming. I personally could give a shit less about any of the stats or skills. On an rp level it's what I want brought to my tribe. I've been working my ass off trying to make this everyone that has wanted to play a tribed c-elf to be. Honestly because one person does something doesn't mean another will. They could all pick merchants for all I care. I just want the roles filled to flesh out my plans IG. So next time, instead of jumping to conclusions and burning the hell out of me ask for my damned docs. I'm surprised at you guys, I really am.

The roles are still open btw and no you don't have to be a shadow mage, be a merchant....I just want the family members. And I am an experienced player and am very responsible. These roles will not be hack and slash uber  power gaming things, if you're interested in that don't apply.

Quote from: titansfanI just want the roles filled to flesh out my plans IG.

;D It's your choice of words.
   - Pierre Loti

Quote from: titansfan on January 30, 2009, 10:29:38 PM
Okay I have the documentation to back it up, and why does everyone think that it's always about power-gaming. I personally could give a shit less about any of the stats or skills. On an rp level it's what I want brought to my tribe. I've been working my ass off trying to make this everyone that has wanted to play a tribed c-elf to be. Honestly because one person does something doesn't mean another will. They could all pick merchants for all I care. I just want the roles filled to flesh out my plans IG. So next time, instead of jumping to conclusions and burning the hell out of me ask for my damned docs. I'm surprised at you guys, I really am.

The roles are still open btw and no you don't have to be a shadow mage, be a merchant....I just want the family members. And I am an experienced player and am very responsible. These roles will not be hack and slash uber  power gaming things, if you're interested in that don't apply.

In all honesty, I think most of us assumed you had the best of intentions. But the ramifications were still a little amusing. And I think all the press city-elves are getting lately from staff, means that this has potential to be alot of fun. Perhaps even revolutionizing.

I'm done trying to explain it. I can't do anymore without giving up IC info. I guess trying to start something for c-elves was pointless. For the finally time just so everyone here that feels like flaming me.....I COULD GIVE A FUCK LESS ABOUT POWER. I WISH TO ESTABLISH A TRIBE FOR C-ELVES TO BE ABLE TO PLAY IN.

This thread seriously makes me disappointed in some people. A valid attempt at making a good tribe for c-elves, and it turned into some discussion about specific classes? Take it to General.

Titans, I may not be able to play, but I -do- sort of hope you play in my city, so I have someone to fear or kill. =)
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

Well, I apologize for going off, but I've been working my ass off to try and make something out of this. And when I make roles available for the tribe I get shot down and ridiculed. It's a little disheartening for me to continue my work with this. I'm trying to help out those players who want more out of c-elves and those are my intentions. OOC especially. As for everyone who is helping me with contributions to my documentation and such, they can tell you that these roles are for specific roles within the tribe. They bring body to the tribe. In no means what so ever and I gonna go on a rampage and use my tribe against anyone. I gave the same options for my last role, the only thing is I specified through PM. I don't see the difference except for you all twisting my nuts over it.

Well, I'm not much of a c-elf fan, at all, but I'm glad that you're putting in the work to show them some love. Thanks for your time and effort, and I hope you find great people to fill the roles for you.
Quote from: Wug
No one on staff is just waiting for the opportunity to get revenge on someone who killed one of their characters years ago.

Except me. I remember every death. And I am coming for you bastards.

Quote from: titansfan on January 30, 2009, 10:45:58 PM
Well, I apologize for going off, but I've been working my ass off to try and make something out of this. And when I make roles available for the tribe I get shot down and ridiculed. It's a little disheartening for me to continue my work with this. I'm trying to help out those players who want more out of c-elves and those are my intentions. OOC especially. As for everyone who is helping me with contributions to my documentation and such, they can tell you that these roles are for specific roles within the tribe. They bring body to the tribe. In no means what so ever and I gonna go on a rampage and use my tribe against anyone. I gave the same options for my last role, the only thing is I specified through PM. I don't see the difference except for you all twisting my nuts over it.

Getting all fired up isn't going to help your cause yo.

My point was, and still is, that you need to distinguish between role and class.    Rather than ask for an elven assassin, ask for a city elf family member  - then in the details of their history, feel free to mention that they tended to skulk around killing people.  Leave it up to the player to decide what class would best represent that role.

It's the call for specific classes that has people worked up, and while they're not being particularly diplomatic it is something you want to be very wary of. 
"But I don't want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.

"Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."

"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.

"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here."

It makes me mad that I can't explain it to you...my docs make it clear. So next time ask questions, don't just leap on me. That's all I'm asking. It's like whenever you post on the GDB these days there are people just waiting to pounce and shoot you down.

Welcome to the internet life. There will always be people waiting to pounce on you titansfan. If it's an IC thing, then just say that and leave it be. Your reaction was the one out of line, not theirs. Did they assume something not true? Sure, but who doesn't.

Well the roles are closed. So nobody needs to worry about my "mega doom team". Have Fun and Peace.

Quote from: RogueGunslinger on January 30, 2009, 11:20:50 PM
Honestly if you're losing heart because some people made a couple assumptions about your intentions, then maybe you didn't have all that much heart in it in the first place?

Besides, it's a forum. Fuck what other people think.

From t'other thread.

I get your point though Gunslinger, I just didn't have a pleasant afternoon, and took things a bit too drastically. Shit happens. I apologize again to all of you.

I'd like to point out that there are at least 2 other elven tribes where particular sorts of magickers are sort of fundamental to the tribal experience, and are included in their docs as such.

Not only that, but creating a tribe with a Drovian magicker background is -far- from twinking out ahead of time.  As far as I'm concerned, they're positively the -least- useful type of magicker in any sort of PvP scenario.
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: SmuzI come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: VanthSynthesis, you scare me a little bit.

I've played with titansfan in one of my clans before, and he is anything but a twink or a powergamer. Though it was only for a short time, I very much enjoyed play with his PC, which was done consistently and realistically. I'm not familiar with the tribe he's trying to create now, but I feel like people shouldn't assume he's trying to create some kind of power-squad. He's just looking for roles that fit within his tribe, and listed guilds that would work within it. So I don't think its right to complain about this announcement without all of the relevant information, especially since he's trying to create something ICly that most people in the community have agreed is lacking.
Quote from: Gimfalisette
(10:00:49 PM) Gimf: Yes, you sentence? I sentence often.

Meh, don't give up.  You may very well be starting the next Byn or SLK.  Something that generations of characters will enjoy.
Quote from: Synthesis
Quote from: lordcooper
You go south and one of the other directions that isn't north.  That is seriously the limit of my geographical knowledge of Arm.
Sarge?

I'll open the roles once again, they are two cousins and a brother/sister. PM for details.

Quote from: Synthesis on January 30, 2009, 11:35:23 PM
Not only that, but creating a tribe with a Drovian magicker background is -far- from twinking out ahead of time.  As far as I'm concerned, they're positively the -least- useful type of magicker in any sort of PvP scenario.

This.
Quote from: H. L.  MenckenEvery normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.

Quote from: Mood on January 31, 2009, 10:10:53 AM

This.

Maybe they're not meant for PvP.  ::)
/derail
   - Pierre Loti

I have one thing to tell you.  Since I helped you the docs, I might be joining your megapower team/family.  But beware, I many not keep my word.

Just bumping this, still have all roles open.

This.

I would just like to thank you both for the extreme amount of amusement you've given me today from reading this.

I can't stop laughing, really.  It's great.  Thanks so much.
I seduced the daughters of men
And made the death of them.
I demanded human sacrifices
From the rest of them.
I became the spirit that haunted
And protected them.
And I lived in the tower of flame
But death collected them.
-War is my Destiny, Ill Bill

Quote from: Shalooonsh on February 01, 2009, 03:57:48 PM

This.

I would just like to thank you both for the extreme amount of amusement you've given me today from reading this.

I can't stop laughing, really.  It's great.  Thanks so much.

~mumbles something incomprehendable~

Bumpity Bump Bump.....still looking for the three roles, PM me for details.

February 03, 2009, 10:57:43 PM #37 Last Edit: February 04, 2009, 08:23:05 AM by Qzzrbl
Titansfan has Qzzrbl's official seal of approval.

Opportunities like these aren't to be wastes wasted.

;D

Sorry to say but these roles are now closed due to certain circumstances.

Welcome to Armageddon!

We were somewhere near the Shield Wall, on the edge of the Red Desert, when the drugs began to take hold...