Eastside Pride!

Started by titansfan, December 31, 2008, 12:10:45 AM

Just a bump to try and get players to start playing City Elves again...preferably in the Rinth, but alas it doesn't have to be...any will do....It's just a part of the game I want to be brought back into play a bit more.

Mucho Gracias amigos.
Respect. Responsibility. Compassion.

Goddamn elves need to learn Sirihish.

I THINK city elves start with Sirihish now, but I haven't played one in forever.
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

they do start with sirihish, they're not great at it, but still.

Quote from: Dar on December 31, 2008, 11:49:04 AM
they do start with sirihish, they're not great at it, but still.

what?

City Elves have a low skill of sirihish. They arent socially mute amongst humans like delves are at the beginning.

Desert elves are also cool.
If more people played elves they wouldn't need to speak sirihish. :D
"But I don't want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.

"Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."

"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.

"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here."

Quote from: Dar on December 31, 2008, 12:06:32 PM
City Elves have a low skill of sirihish. They arent socially mute amongst humans like delves are at the beginning.

When was the last time you played a city elf?

edit: they are quite fluent, I think

Quote from: spicemustflow on December 31, 2008, 12:09:17 PM
Quote from: Dar on December 31, 2008, 12:06:32 PM

When was the last time you played a city elf?

edit: they are quite fluent, I think
They are.
"Never was anything great achieved without danger."
     -Niccolo Machiavelli

Shrug. Point is ... they start with sirihish aswell.

Next character. But not in the 'rinth.
Now you're looking for the secret. But you won't find it because of course, you're not really looking. You don't really want to work it out. You want to be fooled.

Don't forget that city elves all come from tribes as well.
You give your towering mound of dung to the inordinately young-spirited Shalooonsh.
the inordinately young-spirited Shalooonsh sends:
     "dude, how'd you know I was hungry and horny?"

Quote from: Olgaris on December 31, 2008, 05:39:15 PM
Don't forget that city elves all come from tribes as well.

I wish there was some basic public documentation for at least two or three c-elf tribes -- the same way there's public documentation for human tribals. It's a 0 karma race, and 9 out of 10 PC c-elfs I encounter have supposedly lost their entire tribe or never had a tribe to begin with.

With some sort of coded, public tribe of alley-elves (even if it's a tribe without a coded homebase) I think the quality and frequency of roleplay on the eastside would increase.

I'd dig playing a gutter-punk elf myself, but whenever I get close to working on the concept, the roadblock between me and the docs convinces me to roll a half-elf instead.

are the sandas still around? I know there little black-market place isnt. Still see neckers running around with orange bandanas too but havnt seen A PC.
Quote from: Cutthroat on August 22, 2009, 10:57:13 PMSo Eunoli Winrothol, Samos Rennik, and Thrain Ironsword walk into a bar. The Red Fang bartender looks up and says, "Get the fuck out of my bar."

Quote from: askaran on January 03, 2009, 04:15:55 PM
are the sandas still around? I know there little black-market place isnt. Still see neckers running around with orange bandanas too but havnt seen A PC.
I was told once about a PC that special apped into the Sandas. :)
Quote from: Fathi on March 08, 2018, 06:40:45 PMAnd then I sat there going "really? that was it? that's so stupid."

I still think the best closure you get in Armageddon is just moving on to the next character.

Eastside's hoppin' too. Just like the westside.
Neither a lofty degree of intelligence nor imagination nor both together go to the making of genius. Love, love, love, that is the soul of genius. -Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart

Initiative, drive and willpower are the essence of its body.

Quote from: askaran on January 03, 2009, 04:15:55 PM

This borders on IC information. Find out IC.
"You will have useful work: the destruction of evil men. What work could be more useful? This is Beyond; you will find that your work is never done -- So therefore you may never know a life of peace."

~Jack Vance~

Very much agree with Reiloth....that is WAY too IC., and too fun not to find out about IC.
Respect. Responsibility. Compassion.

I wonder how the staff would feel about open calls for city elf tribal family members, rather than closed ones.

Meaning, usually someone has a character and then asks for 1-3 other family members, details to be released when you contact them, etc.  A closed call.

What if, instead, a paragraph was written, sort of like how the tribes page used to just have a short description about each tribe, and a general call for family members was made on the board, along with a posting of the paragraph.  No need to inform the originator of the tribe, okay to use as a background for anyone.  I could see how with enough momentum, and the ability to have the document remain on the GDB, the tribe might have the ability to perpetuate itself.
Evolution ends when stupidity is no longer fatal."

Worth of a try definitely. I'd be ecstatic.

I would love to play one of the c-elf 'rinth tribes.

I hopefully won't be needing a character for a good long while, but I fully support your idea Twilight.  Ask the staff and make it so.

I liked to see that the eastside was being promoted to be played in. Try staying in the -rinth-.
Who would you kill for a klondike bar?