Rooms owned...

Started by Cenghiz, May 19, 2003, 01:04:05 PM

I'd like a few questions answered.. I would find them out IC, but I couldn't due to *not too much PC's around* problem. Answer, please, if they're not too IC...

1. Are rooms rented/sold in Allanak?
2. Are rooms rented/sold to elves in Allanak?
3. To whom or which house a character must apply?
4. How many sparky 'sids would I pay for such a room?
5. Are PC-owned rooms quit-safe (It doesn't matter too much)?
6. Are PC-owned rooms crime-safe (Can I hit someone, for example, it's important for the plot I'm planning.)
7. Do PC-owned rooms refresh with every shutdown? (It would be hard to buy furniture every week.) Or are they fine storage rooms in which you may have a bed and a brazier?

Thanks all to people who reply or tell "Shut up!" in advance...
quote="Ghost"]Despite the fact he is uglier than all of us, and he has a gay look attached to all over himself, and his being chubby (I love this word) Cenghiz still gets most of the girls in town. I have no damn idea how he does that.[/quote]

I'll answer those I know the answer to...

Quote1. Are rooms rented/sold in Allanak?
Yep
Quote2. Are rooms rented/sold to elves in Allanak?
Think so but not sure.
Quote3. To whom or which house a character must apply?
Look for a Nenyuk agent.
Quote4. How many sparky 'sids would I pay for such a room?
Depends on the room.  Rented by the month.
Quote5. Are PC-owned rooms quit-safe (It doesn't matter too much)?
Yes.
Quote6. Are PC-owned rooms crime-safe (Can I hit someone, for example, it's important for the plot I'm planning.)
Not sure.
Quote7. Do PC-owned rooms refresh with every shutdown? (It would be hard to buy furniture every week.) Or are they fine storage rooms in which you may have a bed and a brazier?
I believe they will maintain anything you leave in them.
laloc Wrote
Trust, I think, is the most fundamental tool which allows us to play this game. Without trust, we may as well just be playing a Hack and Slash, and repopping in Midgaard after slaying a bunch of Smurfs.

1. Yes.
2. It depends on the agent..
3. Nenyuk
4. As stated above, it depends on the room. Rent is due by the month, or by the year.
5. Yep.
6. It depends on the place. I don't want to get too IC.
7. Yes, they refresh, you shouldn't lose items if they are stored in a place you are renting.

For more detailed answers, find you an Agent IC'ly and pose your questions to them. I am sure they will be more than happy to help you out.
Quote from: The7DeadlyVenomz"That is, at least, a step in the right direction, even if it is a step off the Shield Wall."

Quote from: "Cenghiz"
1. Are rooms rented/sold in Allanak?
2. Are rooms rented/sold to elves in Allanak?
3. To whom or which house a character must apply?
4. How many sparky 'sids would I pay for such a room?
5. Are PC-owned rooms quit-safe (It doesn't matter too much)?
6. Are PC-owned rooms crime-safe (Can I hit someone, for example, it's important for the plot I'm planning.)
7. Do PC-owned rooms refresh with every shutdown? (It would be hard to buy furniture every week.) Or are they fine storage rooms in which you may have a bed and a brazier?

1) Rented, never sold.
2) Depends on the agent. Obviously Nenyuk would prefer to fill vacancies with non-elves, but that's a general rule for all business transactions among non-elves.
3) Nenyuk
4) In Allanak, it could range anywhere between a hundred or two to several thousand - yearly.
5) At least one room in each home is quit-safe.
6) Generally speaking, rooms in private homes would be crim-safe, however no room is crim-safe if there's a militia member standing/hiding inside.
7) Most rooms would refresh, however certain rooms (usually the room right inside the door from the street) might not be. It depends on the apartment.

Rents are usually collected yearly (in-game year, not real year), but it's possible for an agent to rent by the month or for a few years at a time.

These rooms are generally called apartments, rather than homes or houses.  A standard apartment will have one or two item-saving rooms.  A good way to tell is by which rooms have furniture; there's a low chance of it mistakenly being there.  It should stay between resets.  If you drop an item with a fancy long description, this will be lost between crashes and resets.

As for elves, there are places in the world where they might be more accepted.  There are also properties which are set aside for the lowest of the low class.
Vendyra

Just to clarify, I think there's been different interpretations on the original wording of one of the questions...

By crime-safe, if you meant 'safe to steal from' then, well, you'll have to figure that out on your own...if you meant, 'safe from crime' then the answer is 'No.'  You'd be surprised by the ingenuity of your fellow players for getting into places that they shouldn't be...that doesn't mean that you will be stolen from, just that there's always the possibility.
Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.

Spawnloser, I hate that massive picture you have there, and I'm disagreeing with you too :-p.

He said right after his question. If he used the hit command or something similar would he be tagged as a criminal. In other words. Is the rooms watched by those who handle criminals. The soldiers and such you know.

I don't know. But I'd assume they aren't. Most rooms you get flagged because someone was about to see it, and even then it doesn't seem to be a hundred percent chance you'll be wanted. If the room was inclosed, most likely unless there was noise like you were playing with demons going on in the room, it probably wouldn't raise suspicions, but that also depends on the class of the place. Higher class places probably won't have much more sound barrier but probably more strict on the volume and type of noise going on.

Creeper - "No Sir Soldier... I was just... Hmm... Cooking, that was all the noise. The sound of obsidian on bone? Thats just my kitchen knife and cutting board... Yeah thats it."
21sters Unite!

Quote from: "creeper386"He said right after his question. If he used the hit command or something similar would he be tagged as a criminal.

Ah, I misunderstood that part...I took it as the more general 'hit' someone as to commit a crime at someone, whether they are there or not.  Also, note that I never said the rooms were safe or not to commit crime in...I figured that where to commit crimes would be more IC.  The helpfile does state that if there are people around, including VNPCs (read the room description to find out if people are there), you are more likely to get crim-flagged for any crime committed.

Oh, and does this picture please you better, creep?

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.

I like it better, that's for sure. 8)

Yeah. Well as I said, I don't know rather they are "crime safe" or not, but I also gave reasons that they might be, as noone well be about to see it, but they might also get a crime flag as someone certainly might HEAR commotion... I probably should have included, but I figured people would take it without words, that it depends whats going on and if it's IC for you to do something then do it, if not don't, blah blah blah.

And acttually, the pictures much better... But it'd be MUCH MUCH better if it was about 1/2-1/4 the size. It's still really big. And maybe if it didn't move. It's not nearly as distracting as the big kill count image but yeah... It's not a subtle movement like Plazzies.

Creeper
21sters Unite!

Quote from: "creeper386"And acttually, the pictures much better... But it'd be MUCH MUCH better if it was about 1/2-1/4 the size. It's still really big. And maybe if it didn't move. It's not nearly as distracting as the big kill count image but yeah... It's not a subtle movement like Plazzies.
But...but...it's a dancing black mage!

On the note of IC for someone to do something...hell, I'm all for it.  If it's IC for you to jump the Templar in the middle of the bar with twenty soldiers around (effectively committing suicide), go for it!

Usually if its behind closed doors its 'crime safe'.
Because the crime code is dependant on 'witnesses.'
If your in someone's house and kill them, they are the only other witness.
Maybe if the door is open or something it would be different.

Thanks for the answers... I don't know if I may connect to the game 'cause of the *great* lag I'm having, but I'll try at least. And for the crim-code. I believe role-playing seriously, so won't use the hit command in my house. It was just an example. But you know, I'm an elf. I may backstab someone sleeping in my house, try to steal from my guest, or even use subdue to rape the unconscious woman I brought home. They'd all be silent if succesful. (A greatly succesful backstab is needed of course.) I just didn't want to be surprised to see soldiers coming inside when I subdued a rat out of my kitchen. I'll obey the RP but you know, sometimes the code doesn't support you.
quote="Ghost"]Despite the fact he is uglier than all of us, and he has a gay look attached to all over himself, and his being chubby (I love this word) Cenghiz still gets most of the girls in town. I have no damn idea how he does that.[/quote]