Neat little things

Started by fourTwenty, November 16, 2008, 10:14:13 PM

He is holding several large bags

large bags should be a karma-required item.
Useful tips: Commands |  |Storytelling:  1  2

Quote from: Wastrel on July 08, 2013, 12:03:31 PM
He is holding several large bags

Kill the mul!
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

July 11, 2013, 02:21:23 AM #628 Last Edit: August 02, 2013, 05:08:40 PM by Taven
Comprehensive List of Neat Little Things So Far #9
(Avoid Repeats and Discussion Derails)

• "Brief room" will show all of the occupants, but not the room description.

• "Look room" (and its abbreviation, "l r") will show you the room description of the area you're in, without the occupants. If you walk around with "brief room", this is extremely helpful.

• When you assess someone, the taller/shorter than you message factors in whether or not they're wearing high-heeled shoes.

• You can CC character reports to multiple other clans rather than just an extra clan by ctrl+clicking.

• sit <chair> <table> - If you want to sit at a specific chair at a table, you can.

• grab <item> - This command is the same as the "hold" and "es" commands.

• "Eat" without anything after it will eat the last thing you picked up.

• "whisper self" will cause mumbling.

I will update this list for each new page of the thread. Please consult it before posting, to see if what you're pointing out has already been mentioned! Yes, I have added everything new. If it's not at the end of the list, it's because I added it to a bullet point with a similar topic. Also, if you see any repeats, please let me know! I sometimes accidentally list something more then once.

Note: Edited to fix the link, which used zalanthas.org instead of gdb.armageddon.org
As of February 2017, I no longer play Armageddon.

Quote from: HailTheAbyss on October 08, 2010, 02:41:43 PM
whisper me ....

You can't seem to get your mouth close enough to your ear...

I found this cute little gem... funny because now we can do this.
Choppin muthafuckaz up with mandibles since 1995.

Quote from: FantasyWriter on July 28, 2013, 11:17:58 AM
>list merchant shield
(shows only the items with shield as a keyword)
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

Quote from: i can haz mantis on July 19, 2013, 11:24:30 PM
Quote from: HailTheAbyss on October 08, 2010, 02:41:43 PM
whisper me ....

You can't seem to get your mouth close enough to your ear...

I found this cute little gem... funny because now we can do this.

This is already on the list above. If you could check before posting things so we can avoid repeats as much as possible, that would be great.  :)

It is funny the part you shared, but even a pre-fix like "I know this is listed already, but I found this old gem..." or what have you is wonderful.

Quote from: Barsook on July 28, 2013, 11:28:44 AM
Quote from: FantasyWriter on July 28, 2013, 11:17:58 AM
>list merchant shield
(shows only the items with shield as a keyword)

This is also already on the list. On the first part of the list it's the 12th thing down. I know the list is getting long (it's too big for one GDB post), but I appreciate if you check it before posting. If you don't, I have to later.  :-\

I would suggest speaking to staff to try to get a page on the main website set up for this.
Then once a month or so, you could send a request in with updated information.

That would help consolidate the information in a more accessible format, perhaps even find some way to sort them by category.
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

I'm not sure this would be useful as a helpfile.  It's a massive list of things that are available already (or that should be available) in other helpfiles.  Probably better to start a new thread and archive this one.
Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

With appropriate roleplay of course.

Would be better to sticky the most recent list that Taven made and archive the rest?
Fredd-

The most recent list links to an older list that has a ton of broken links in it due to the new website and GDB move.  It's probably better to just make a new thread so that I can archive this one.
Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

With appropriate roleplay of course.

I see and why not, might be the best idea.
Fredd-

Quote from: Nyr on August 09, 2013, 10:41:44 AM
The most recent list links to an older list that has a ton of broken links in it due to the new website and GDB move.  It's probably better to just make a new thread so that I can archive this one.

I have fixed all of the links on the older list, I believe.

I don't know if you want to start a new thread or not, but it should work now.

I feel like everyone should know that...

If you have a tent item and you want to live outside. That's fine.
Because if...

QuoteWindswept grassy plains NSEW
dood you're in the grass plains and there are bugs and birds and stuff. And grass. lots of grass.

>drop tent
>make tent

Windswept grassy plains NSEW
dood you're in the grass plains and there are bugs and birds and stuff. And grass. lots of grass.
A sand colored tent is pitched here.

****** AND THEN THE GAME CRASHES or they do maintenance and everything you just dropped disappeared!
no no no... not the tent.

QuoteWindswept grassy plains NSEW
A sand colored tent is pitched here.

Why? Because the tent saves. And is a save room. So even the stuff you left in the tent will still be there. Yes. If any of you have wondered if this is possible. Yes. Anyplace that hase [save] is a save room and the stuff you leave there will not disappear during resets or crashes.

+NOTE - sometimes the game crashes before your save or something. Just send in a reimbursement request. The staff is real cool.
+NOTE - Yes. Even your mount will be saved in a save room
+NOTE - No. ... there is no law in the desert.
Live like God.
Love like God.

"Don't let life be your burden."
- Some guy, Twin Warriors

+NOTE: Tents aren't big enough to store mounts and mounts are only saved if you are in the same room as them when the game crashes/you quit... At least that's what I remember.
+NOTE: Sometimes if the game crashes even after you save you can lose stuff that you saved, so make sure you keep accurate records.
+NOTE: Leaving tents unattended welcomes thieves.
I am unable to respond to PMs sent on the GDB. If you want to send me something, please send it to my email.

All your points are correct! (which is why I mentioned them) except that mounts do indeed  save in save rooms. - which is also why I mentioned save rooms outside of your tent.
Live like God.
Love like God.

"Don't let life be your burden."
- Some guy, Twin Warriors

I know I saw it on here, I can just not remember the command. What is the command to add a temporary description to your long description?
Quote from: Olgaris
Entering the Labyrinth is definitely not illegal.
Being a desert elf is not illegal.
A Templar can kill you for both.

Quote from: original on March 18, 2014, 02:24:18 PM
I know I saw it on here, I can just not remember the command. What is the command to add a temporary description to your long description?

Tdesc
"It's too hot in the hottub!"

-James Brown

https://youtu.be/ZCOSPtyZAPA

Quote from: Molten Heart on March 18, 2014, 02:35:26 PM
Quote from: original on March 18, 2014, 02:24:18 PM

Tdesc

So love tdesc I use this so much. Hair style changes, how dirty you are, if you got all bruised and banged up, rough night... This is a most excellent RP enhancement.
I am unable to respond to PMs sent on the GDB. If you want to send me something, please send it to my email.

<directions>
Quote from: fourTwenty on June 11, 2007, 08:08:00 PM
Quote from: Rievroleplay damn well(I assume Kazi and fourTwenty are completely different from each other)

Did you just call one of us a dick?

I've been playing for close to 14 years and here's something I just stumbled across by accident, and I'm not sure is doable on all clients, but..

You can (in CMUD at least) move around by making use of the directional keys on the keypad, instead of typing in what direction you wish to move.

Mind=blown.
Quote from: Dalmeth
I've come to the conclusion that relaxing is not the lack of doing anything, but doing something that comes easily to you.

Mudlet has that too. I think MUSH does too.
Fredd-

Good grief Pale Horse. Experiment much?
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

Quote from: The7DeadlyVenomz on April 22, 2014, 10:33:14 PM
Good grief Pale Horse. Experiment much?

So I'm a creature of habit..sue me!
Quote from: Dalmeth
I've come to the conclusion that relaxing is not the lack of doing anything, but doing something that comes easily to you.

It's SO much easier than typing every direction. Having Stop mapped to 5 has saved me so many time now as well....