Neat little things

Started by fourTwenty, November 16, 2008, 10:14:13 PM

Quote from: FantasyWriter on February 09, 2011, 09:10:05 PM
The <key .> discussion has ran on long enough, please take it to another thread and move this one back on topic before it gets locked and we loose a very valuable tool for noobs and veterans alike.

Edit: My neat little thing that is way too under used.

Sniff                                                             (General)

Sniffing is the act of inhaling something, for the purpose of either
smelling, or gaining the pleasurable effects of the inhalant. On Zalanthas,
there are many things one can sniff, the most prevalent being the addictive
spices (of which House Kurac is the foremost dealer in the Known World).
You can sniff people in order to see what they smell like, as well. Some
rooms have scent descriptions "sniff room" will present these to you.

Syntax:
   sniff <object>
   sniff <person>
   sniff room

Example:
   > sniff zharal

> sniff templar

Oh good, I am not the only person who is a habitual sniffer.
Case: he's more likely to shoot up a mcdonalds for selling secret obama sauce on its big macs
Kismet: didn't see you in GQ homey
BadSkeelz: Whatever you say, Kim Jong Boog
Quote from: Tuannon
There is only one boog.

I sniff <name> when I can't remember which name goes to which sdesc.  :(
All the world will be your enemy. When they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

i sniffed a weird smell off of someone one time, for seemingly no reason other than (ic-sensitive), when i was indirectly taught about the sniff command, a RL month ago. until then i thought they were joking or that that group of people in that place were all RPing it and i just didn't know (ic-sensitive).

Everyone else smells like dust and sweat. I would like to ask wtf they smelled like (ic-sensitive) but i'm gonna have to wait eleven months.
Quote from: Qzzrbl
THAT MAN IS DEHYDRATING!

QUICK! GIMME A BANDAGE!!

There are multiple means to change your odor in this game.  Find them in game.  :)
"I am a cipher, wrapped in an enigma, smothered in secret sauce."
- Jimmy James, the man so great they had to name him twice

Non-IC-sensative (read:common sense) ways to change your smell: purfume, spice, being piss drunk, handling poo.
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

I always get excited whene someone posts in this thread.

>forage spice
What the heck?! When did they add this? I bet I'm the only dumbass that actually rides around and looks for this stuff.

Live like God.
Love like God.

"Don't let life be your burden."
- Some guy, Twin Warriors

Quote11/11/2010: Spice deposits may now be foraged in silty areas, primarily near the Eternal Sea -- Tiernan
どんと来い、生活の悪循環!!1!11
Quote from: Yam on March 18, 2011, 09:57:04 AM
There's really nothing wrong with a pretty boy in a dress.

DISCUSS!!

discuss npc hi

discuss npc topics

WOW!!
The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

SHUFFLE DECK RESET!!

Resets ALL the cards back into your deck.

Including the ones that have been JUNK'd!!

Wow, I've wasted SOOOO many decks of Kruth cards...
The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Quote from: DesertT on February 12, 2011, 02:37:55 PM
DISCUSS!!

discuss npc hi

discuss npc topics

WOW!!

Cool!
"The Highlord casts a shadow because he does not want to see skin!" -- Boog

<this space for rent>

Quote from: My 2 sids on February 27, 2011, 08:36:08 AM
Quote from: DesertT on February 12, 2011, 02:37:55 PM
DISCUSS!!

discuss npc hi

discuss npc topics

WOW!!

Cool!

Works with "talk" too

Talk npc topics

talk npc hi

This, of course, can lead to random talk's at the table you're sitting at. 

Discuss > talk
Quote from: ZhairaI don't really have a problem with drugs OR sex
Quote from: MansaMarc's got the best advice.
Quote from: WarriorPoetIf getting loaded and screwing is wrong, I don't wanna be right.

Beep    (General)
You are able to cause another player's terminal to audibly beep (if their terminal has such capability). This can be used to check that another player has not gone link-dead, as may be the case if they have not indicated (via the ooc or gone commands) that they are occupied in real life, but also have not performed any visible actions with their characters for some time. Use this command very sparingly, if at all.

Syntax:
beep <character name>
Example:
beep savak
See also:
gone, ooc
"Brain wave, main wave"
Psycho got a high kick
Collect and select
Show me your best set

Quote from: Reiteration on February 28, 2011, 03:51:09 AM

Beep    (General)
You are able to cause another player's terminal to audibly beep (if their terminal has such capability). This can be used to check that another player has not gone link-dead, as may be the case if they have not indicated (via the ooc or gone commands) that they are occupied in real life, but also have not performed any visible actions with their characters for some time. Use this command very sparingly, if at all.

As I recall, this beep sounds much like the 'BEEP!' - Mantishead death combo, so if your friend is just tabbed out quick browsing something and you beep them it might lead to rapid heart palpitations as they frantically switch back to their mud client to see who died. :)

Quote from: Praetorian on February 28, 2011, 08:37:48 AM
Quote from: Reiteration on February 28, 2011, 03:51:09 AMBeep    (General)
As I recall, this beep sounds much like the 'BEEP!' - Mantishead death combo, so if your friend is just tabbed out quick browsing something and you beep them it might lead to rapid heart palpitations as they frantically switch back to their mud client to see who died. :)
Good!  Means they'll get back to the mud window that much faster!  :D

Heh, my system alert sound is a scream followed by the "zombie getting gibbed" sound from Quake, so that's what I hear every time I kill something.
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: SmuzI come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: VanthSynthesis, you scare me a little bit.

I once beeped someone while hidden with a raider to make sure I wasn't doing anything to a linkdead pc.

the player did a 'flee self'. Apparently in a panic, which is funny because if he beeped that would have meant his pc was already dead.

Still smile thinking about that one.
A staff member sends you:
"Normally we don't see a <redacted> walk into a room full of <redacted> and start indiscriminately killing."

You send to staff:
"Welcome to Armageddon."

Quote from: Majikal on March 01, 2011, 01:44:02 AM
I once beeped someone while hidden with a raider to make sure I wasn't doing anything to a linkdead pc.

the player did a 'flee self'. Apparently in a panic, which is funny because if he beeped that would have meant his pc was already dead.

Still smile thinking about that one.

They fled because of a beep? Seems a little... against the rules no?
"Brain wave, main wave"
Psycho got a high kick
Collect and select
Show me your best set

IC reaction without IC cause.  I'd say that's pushing the limits at the least.  I would trust the player of that character less in the future.

Just to play devil's advocate, if a player only understands the beep as something very IC (i.e. - the grim face of death), then I think tucking tail and running with nary a look back is a reasonable response when you hear a beep and can't even tell where it is coming from. For all they know, it could be an unfamiliar aspect of magik. One could equate it with 'Someone rustles in the bushes nearby' but even more sinister.

Moreover, if they literally typed "flee self," they were probably being funny/roleplayish.  "ru;n;e;n;e" is far more efficient amirite.
The sword is sharp, the spear is long,
The arrow swift, the Gate is strong.
The heart is bold that looks on gold;
The dwarves no more shall suffer wrong.

Quote from: brytta.leofa on March 01, 2011, 06:02:43 PM
Moreover, if they literally typed "flee self," they were probably being funny/roleplayish.  "ru;n;e;n;e" is far more efficient amirite.

Till your off the shield wall or over a cliff.
The funny little foreign man

I often hear the jingle to -Riunite on ice- when I read the estate name Reynolte, eve though there ain't no ice in Zalanthas.

Quote from: brytta.leofa on March 01, 2011, 06:02:43 PM

No, you're not right.  Whoever did that knew exactly what they were doing.
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: SmuzI come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: VanthSynthesis, you scare me a little bit.

I'm with Synthesis.