Neat little things

Started by fourTwenty, November 16, 2008, 10:14:13 PM

Did you know? 'craft X' when X is an object in a room will bring that object to the top of the 'look' list, as if you had picked up and dropped that item. Helpful for changing order of items that you can't or don't want to pick up and drop.

It will also do the same if the object is on/in the first container item.
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

Then I learn: "use <oil> self"

https://www.armageddon.org/help/view/Body%20Oils
<Maso> I thought you were like...a real sweet lady.

A 'Lootbag' is a filthy, dark leather bag.

It can be held in either hand (unless changes have happened. As of 0ct 17th, you can at least es it).

If you do es lootbag (a hidden keyword bag the way, you can discover hidden keywords by tossing items into other rooms) then the weight of that bag is reduced, it's less weight than in your regular inventory.

People with low agility can hold more items by filling up their inventory, es'ing an item, picking up one more, then rs'ing that item. For instance, if you're holding that lootbag, you can just get all, put all lootbag, and when it's full, you rs lootbag and draw your weapons. Now you're loaded down and armed again, but you can drop your bulk with one item to be ready for a fight. Or, kindly walk up and offer it to someone, then attack them. Why not, i don't know you. Use this appropriately.

Lootbags are made for criminals in that they are also closeable, some of the few 'bags' that are closeable. IIRC they have very large capacity.

Now, get out there and custom craft something similar, but completely disguised so we can have new power items that only you and those who explore and rp find out about. Happy Arming.
Arguably the only representation of player trust in staff, on the other hand, is continuing to play Armageddon.

Quote from: Feu de Joie on October 17, 2023, 12:09:34 PMA 'Lootbag' is a filthy, dark leather bag.

It can be held in either hand (unless changes have happened. As of 0ct 17th, you can at least es it).

If you do es lootbag (a hidden keyword bag the way, you can discover hidden keywords by tossing items into other rooms) then the weight of that bag is reduced, it's less weight than in your regular inventory.

People with low agility can hold more items by filling up their inventory, es'ing an item, picking up one more, then rs'ing that item. For instance, if you're holding that lootbag, you can just get all, put all lootbag, and when it's full, you rs lootbag and draw your weapons. Now you're loaded down and armed again, but you can drop your bulk with one item to be ready for a fight. Or, kindly walk up and offer it to someone, then attack them. Why not, i don't know you. Use this appropriately.

Lootbags are made for criminals in that they are also closeable, some of the few 'bags' that are closeable. IIRC they have very large capacity.

Now, get out there and custom craft something similar, but completely disguised so we can have new power items that only you and those who explore and rp find out about. Happy Arming.

I'm in favor, but only because my OSRS-Armageddon hybrid game surely cannot arrive soon enough
You take the last bite of your scooby snack.
This tastes like ordinary meat.
There is nothing left now.

Quote from: Feu de Joie on October 17, 2023, 12:09:34 PMOr, kindly walk up and offer it to someone, then attack them. Why not, i don't know you. Use this appropriately.

"Yes, that would probably get you force stored."

Another neat little thing. For those of you like me, whose jokes go unnoticed, you can use /s at the end of a sentence to denote a joke. Otherwise, some people will take you seriously.

Most scenarios that can be justified in the player's mind as 'In all of history, it has to have happened at least ONE time! It must be possible, under some crazy, outlying circumstance', aren't usually scenarios that can be justified.

Here's another neat little thing- nosave receive

Turning this on can make it where you do not accept gifts, because at one time, we had a problem with people immediately attacking after giving big, bulky items, and for those of us who lived through these terrible times, nosave receive was a gift from above./s It wasn't that bad.
Arguably the only representation of player trust in staff, on the other hand, is continuing to play Armageddon.

if you are an interesting character people will often let you get away with SO MUCH bullshit because they just wanna see what will happen next