While thinking about stats ...

Started by musashi, October 24, 2008, 01:59:13 PM

My point was not about having bad stat rolls. My rolls tend to be all over the place.

My point was, knowing what my stats are before writing my desc would be neat. The 24 hour thing was just an example as to one way it may be handled. As I've previously stated on don't think the fact that people will be scrapping apps for bad statrolls would be far removed from what some of the players already do.
Quote from: fourTwenty on June 11, 2007, 08:08:00 PM
Quote from: Rievroleplay damn well(I assume Kazi and fourTwenty are completely different from each other)

Did you just call one of us a dick?

October 29, 2008, 03:04:18 AM #51 Last Edit: October 29, 2008, 03:21:50 AM by Jingo
The current stat system is silly. I would actually be in favor of no stats at all over how it currently is.

Edited to add: I do however appreciate the effort put into the aging of Stats. But it does not solve the problem as I see it.
Now you're looking for the secret. But you won't find it because of course, you're not really looking. You don't really want to work it out. You want to be fooled.

Quote from: fourTwenty on October 28, 2008, 10:01:16 PM
Quote from: Qzzrbl on October 28, 2008, 09:44:07 PM
It's really not that hard.

Sometimes you just wind up with bad stats.... It happens.
And yes, IT WOULD RUIN MY CHAR CONCEPT! I work very hard on those.

Yet having to change your character's physical appearance to match his stats won't?

Perhaps I should've said, it's not that hard to get your stats about where you want them, because that's not terribly hard neither.

I wish stats mattered as little as people like to pretend they do.
Quote from: H. L.  MenckenEvery normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.

I don't. I honestly like them where they are. I've played a exceptional strength dwarf with good agi and wiped the floor with some people much higher skilled than me. Then again, some people have beaten that dwarf multiple times.

I've also played a char with shitty stats that trained up a for about ten days in game that knocked around some people.

I like that you never know what a fight is going to be like in Arm. I like that there is a wide expanse of different skill levels in the game, and that training can make you a badass. I wouldn't mind however, if age didn't affect is so much.