Author Topic: Undies!  (Read 1607 times)

Undies!
« on: May 14, 2003, 08:06:32 PM »
I know this has been mentioned in passing in the past, but do you think the COMMON Zalanthan wears undergarments?

My vote is on no, it seems unnecessary and difficult. Difficult because Zalanthans lack our splendid plastic eeeeelastic! You could have drawstring undies, but you know... that's... not as convenient. Unnecessary because well.. what do we really wear underwear for? To keep our junk protected from our zipper and chafy clothing, or support in some cases, and neither of these things seem like they'd have a big place on Zalanthas, since their clothing is usually loose or smooth.

Of course there are nobles with some special needs, but again, I said common Zalanthans, so nobles are outside the scope of my post, though not neccesarily the thread.

Barzalene

Undies!
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2003, 08:22:48 PM »
Yesterday, I would have agreed with you. But then I started looking at desert clothing...and I'd say it depends.
 I mean all that sweat and sand. And sandcloth can't be soft. And no farbric softeners.

If there is underwear I imagine it's dirty and sweaty and built for function not looks.
Varak:You tell the mangy, pointy-eared gortok, in sirihish: "What, girl? You say the sorceror-king has fallen down the well?"
Ghardoan:A pitiful voice rises from the well below, "I've fallen and I can't get up..."

spawnloser

Undies!
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2003, 02:54:25 PM »
Quote from: "Barzalene"
I mean all that sweat and sand. And sandcloth can't be soft. And no farbric softeners.

All I have to say is that I'm chafing just thinking about tighty-whities made of sandcloth.
Quote from: Malifaxis
We need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiteration
spawnloser knows all

Quote from: Spoon
A magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.

crymerci

Undies!
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2003, 03:18:20 PM »
I don't see why sandcloth wouldn't be soft.  As the clothing page says, all it is, is "a very loose weave of cotton, used for desert wear". Sounds more comfortable than linen, to me.
I think we might need to change World Discussion to Armchair Zalanthan Anthropology.

My 2 sids

Undies!
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2003, 04:52:46 PM »
Ok.... not that I think the -game- needs it, but here is some reasons the people would proabaly have undergarments.   Undergarments were first made basicly like outerwear (a loin cloth under a tunic for instance)  The undergarment was indeed to keep out the sweat.  People only having one or two outfits can wear junk clothes under that can be easier to wash and change.
"The Highlord casts a shadow because he does not want to see skin!" -- Boog

<this space for rent>

spawnloser

Undies!
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2003, 04:05:55 AM »
Quote from: "crymerci"
I don't see why sandcloth wouldn't be soft.  As the clothing page says, all it is, is "a very loose weave of cotton, used for desert wear". Sounds more comfortable than linen, to me.

Have you ever seen sandcloth in real life?  Yeah, it looks nice and all, but it's not exactly soft.  It's actually kinda stiff...worse than linen, which is actually fairly soft.  The tighter together the weave, the softer the fabric will be.  Just go ask anyone that works in bedding at a somewhat decent store.  The expensive, soft sheets are the ones with a high thread count, meaning how many individual threads are in the weave across some pre-determinded distance of the fabric...basically, how tight the weave is.
Quote from: Malifaxis
We need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiteration
spawnloser knows all

Quote from: Spoon
A magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.

bob

Undies!
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2003, 04:41:58 AM »
Do zalathian people have harder nads? i mean all that rash on them they must?....

Cuusardo

Undies!
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2003, 01:07:21 PM »
I'll stick with a soft leather thong and bra, thanks!  :)
Quote from: Anael
You know what I love about the word panic?  In Czech, it's the word for "male virgin".