Default sizing for player crafted clothing

Started by Rachel, September 14, 2008, 05:57:34 PM

Can't we set newly created clothing to fit the first person who wears it? It doesnt make sense to craft something for a player and then they have to go take it to the re-sizer person.

I don't believe so.  I think that crafted items are made for your character's size.  I never liked this.  The code doesn't understand your intents when you make an item.

To fix this I'd like to see an article of clothing auto-size to the first person to wear it and stay that size until tailored.  To do this, make all craftable clothing/armor items have a small script (flag) at the end of the wear command which resizes to the person then turns off the resize flag once it is put on.

They aren't made by the crafter's size... I played a dwarf armor craft once, always had to get stuff tailored to fit himself.  I have always assumed that each item had a pre-established size that it would craft to.
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

There is a numerical value in the code that already allows autosizing.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

Quote from: Sephiroto on September 14, 2008, 06:34:24 PM
To fix this I'd like to see an article of clothing auto-size to the first person to wear it and stay that size until tailored.  To do this, make all craftable clothing/armor items have a small script (flag) at the end of the wear command which resizes to the person then turns off the resize flag once it is put on.

Exactly! This is what I need. I am running into awkward moments ICly telling clients that they have to get something re sized by someone who isnt me. It is strange.

Did we every figure this one out?

I KNOW clothes aren't made to the crafter's size automatically, so does each item have a set size that it gets made to, or is it slightly random, totally random, or what?
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

It would be nice if the crafter could simply tailor the armor to the character while handing it over.

QuoteThe beribboned, tailor-like lass squints at the hairless dwarf.

The beribboned, tailor-like lass says, in sirihish:
     "Hold on just a second, you're smaller than I usually make these for."

tailor skirt dwarf
The beribboned, tailor-like lass begins tailoring a frilly pink skirt to fit the hairless dwarf.

lag lag lag

The beribboned, tailor-like lass says, holding out her frilly pink skirt for inspection:
     "I think that'll do it."

It could even work for non-crafted items that can be tailored.  Then we could actually have people who do tailoring, instead of just leaving it a mob-specific job  ;)  But I think this would be more likely to be something that'll happen in Reborn.
"Last night a moth came to my bed
and filled my tired weary head
with horrid tales of you, I can't believe it's true.
But then the lampshade smiled at me -
It said believe, it said believe.
I want you to know it's nothing personal."

The Chosen

October 11, 2008, 11:15:13 AM #7 Last Edit: October 11, 2008, 11:17:04 AM by FantasyWriter
Quote from: Shiroi Tsuki on October 11, 2008, 10:56:19 AM
It would be nice if the crafter could simply tailor the armor to the character while handing it over.

QuoteThe beribboned, tailor-like lass squints at the hairless dwarf.

The beribboned, tailor-like lass says, in sirihish:
     "Hold on just a second, you're smaller than I usually make these for."

tailor skirt dwarf
The beribboned, tailor-like lass begins tailoring a frilly pink skirt to fit the hairless dwarf.

lag lag lag

The beribboned, tailor-like lass says, holding out her frilly pink skirt for inspection:
     "I think that'll do it."

It could even work for non-crafted items that can be tailored.  Then we could actually have people who do tailoring, instead of just leaving it a mob-specific job  ;)  But I think this would be more likely to be something that'll happen in Reborn.

This is a scrumdilliumptious idea!
Especially for Reborn since the world is suppose to be more PC driven.
Grebber - One who grebs.

I'm sure it's probably already been discussed somewhere.  I'm just too lazy to search for it.
"Last night a moth came to my bed
and filled my tired weary head
with horrid tales of you, I can't believe it's true.
But then the lampshade smiled at me -
It said believe, it said believe.
I want you to know it's nothing personal."

The Chosen

I remember this being talked about before, and a staff member say either that he was making the code to where it would make crafted items set to the size of the wearer, or that that's what they planned to do.

Memory could be foggy though.