Crime family

Started by Ammut, August 10, 2008, 02:54:21 PM

August 10, 2008, 02:54:21 PM Last Edit: August 10, 2008, 03:00:41 PM by Ammut
I am looking to cooperate with others in the attempt to create blood-bonded group of characters who
are mischievous, chaotic, possibly sadistic and organize it into a serious crime family.  How many characters
is not an issue, so feel free to PM me about the idea.

My only stipulations are that we play in either Allanak or Tuluk, and that the group of us are the same race.

August 10, 2008, 10:08:47 PM #1 Last Edit: August 11, 2008, 03:30:07 AM by Ammut
Consensus so far is that we are composed of seven siblings.  Spots are filling up quickly and we still have room to add or remove from the shared background/concepts we have currently.  PM me or IM me over MSN/AIM if you are interested.

edited due to synthesis and his big mouth

lol, announcing your intention to start a "crime family" on a public forum...probably not the smartest move, bro.

You just screwed every elf PC made in Tuluk for the next three months.
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: SmuzI come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: VanthSynthesis, you scare me a little bit.

Or maybe he just imposed prejudices that should already be in the game =P

Quote from: Synthesis on August 11, 2008, 12:39:52 AM
You just screwed every elf PC made in Tuluk for the next three months.

Damn, and here I was starting to enjoy seeing humans and elves working hand in hand for a better tomorrow in Tuluk ;D

I still miss mah breed, breed that I miss so, please PM.  :'(
"When I was a fighting man, the kettle-drums they beat;
The people scattered gold-dust before my horse's feet;
But now I am a great king, the people hound my track
With poison in my wine-cup, and daggers at my back."

Synthesis, The point of this thread is, He wants to start a family, So its a crime family? Who fucking cares if people know? Does that mean they will be caught? No..
So dont go running your mouth and making people read your shit and back away..
Everyone whos looking for fun, Please pm him..
I've played with him before.
He is a fun player to play with.
Someone punches a dead mantis in it's dead face.

If you want to use OOC knowledge for your IC decisions, that's not very good roleplaying.  But will you do it anyway...   ???

Seriously, are you now going to pass judgement on every elf you see because I posted an announcement for a role?

Oh man, you have a -lot- to learn about how Armageddon -really- works.  ::)
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: SmuzI come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: VanthSynthesis, you scare me a little bit.

Quote from: Ammut on August 11, 2008, 03:08:54 AM
If you want to use OOC knowledge for your IC decisions, that's not very good roleplaying.  But will you do it anyway...   ???

Seriously, are you now going to pass judgement on every elf you see because I posted an announcement for a role?

Uh, hello. They're elves.

Yam.
Then why does it matter if he said "Crime Family"
IF all knew that it was gonna be crime?
And he said elves.
Then it does NOT matter that he said Crime family ya digg?
Someone punches a dead mantis in it's dead face.

Quote from: Yam on August 11, 2008, 03:29:22 AM

Uh, hello. They're elves.

Every elf in the game is part of this role now according to Yam.  Thanks for blowing our cover!!  ::)

I'm astounded.

Seriously.

This thread delivers.
Quote from: H. L.  MenckenEvery normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.

Quote from: Rogerthat on August 11, 2008, 03:37:18 AM
Yam.
Then why does it matter if he said "Crime Family"
IF all knew that it was gonna be crime?
And he said elves.
Then it does NOT matter that he said Crime family ya digg?

To be completely honest, I have absolutely no idea what you're trying to say here.

I was doing the elf thing as a joke. As in, "haha, all elves are criminals anyway. Durr."

What, people are no longer gonna trust elves? Fuck, there goes my favorite race, now I'm gonna get thrown out of bars and beaten up just because of my ears? Thank you, OP.

To paraphrase something LoD has said previously, "If you want to fool the character, you must also fool the player."

I'm pretty sure that's the gist of what Synthesis is saying; no need to insult him or anyone else for offering good advice (no matter how bluntly delivered).

Good luck with your family.
Quote from: Vanth on February 13, 2008, 05:27:50 PM
I'm gonna go all Gimfalisette on you guys and lay down some numbers.

True, but honestly I expect all elves to be criminals anyway.   And even criminals are honest now and then, so who knows when they are offering a fair deal or not?  Heh.  I really don't think any elf is going to suffer any more than they already do, but if they do then that'll just make things that much more realistic.  ;) 

I endorse this thread. Ammut is a great player. :D

Quote from: Gimfalisette on August 11, 2008, 12:01:30 PM
If you want to use OOC knowledge for your IC decisions, that's not very good roleplaying.  But will you do it anyway...   ???

To paraphrase something LoD has said previously, "If you want to fool the character, you must also fool the player."

I'm pretty sure that's the gist of what Synthesis is saying; no need to insult him or anyone else for offering good advice (no matter how bluntly delivered).

Good luck with your family.

You're right, Gimf...  I'm going to go eat my corn flakes now.

My apologies.

Thanks for your interest everyone -- all roles have been filled.

some of my posts are serious stuff

Ammut, if it helps, a couple players and I actually attempted a concept like this.

Needless to say, it failed, but it was fun as fuck while it lasted.

PM me and I'll give you a few pointers.

Quote from: manonfire on August 12, 2008, 09:13:54 PM
Ammut, if it helps, a couple players and I actually attempted a concept like this.

Was I in that group with you?

I remember playing a trio of elf twins in the 'rinth three years back or so. I think we all died to angry NPCs.

Heh, I tried to make an elf family/tribe in the 'Rinth a few years ago. With my first elf ever, actually. The T'brekkis.
I didn't intend to make it a 'crime family', but the players I recruited quickly turned it into that.  ::)
Good luck, Ammut. I'm sure you'll find no shortage of willing players. Although, if you don't mind me saying, seven siblings is a little steep. Seven players is more than some clans and hard-coded tribes have. You might have trouble drumming up those sort of numbers.
EvilRoeSlade wrote:
QuoteYou find a bulbous root sac and pick it up.
You shout, in sirihish:
"I HAVE A BULBOUS SAC"
QuoteA staff member sends:
     "You are likely dead."

Quote from: Ammut on August 12, 2008, 02:21:15 PM

Seems like he did it just fine  :P

That's pretty impressive in and of itself.

Quote from: Yam on August 12, 2008, 09:19:21 PM
Quote from: manonfire on August 12, 2008, 09:13:54 PM

Was I in that group with you?

I remember playing a trio of elf twins in the 'rinth three years back or so. I think we all died to angry NPCs.

Nah, this much more recent.

Quote from: Ammut on August 12, 2008, 02:21:15 PM

Now start causing some chaos!  Weeeee!