Looking to challenge your roleplay? Join Dune Stalkers today!!

Started by Dune Stalker, August 02, 2008, 01:20:23 PM

• Tired of the same old boring roleplaying experiences?
  • Looking to really challenge yourself in Zalanthas?
  • Enjoy playing against all odds - never knowing who is friend or foe?

Your search is over, the Dune Stalker tribe is waiting.

I highly endorse the Dune Stalkers.
There is no general doctrine which is not capable of eating out our morality if unchecked by the deep-seated habit of direct fellow-feeling with individual fellow-men. -George Eliot

They're taking new tribe members, then? The last time I inquired, I was told that they weren't.
Quote from: H. L.  MenckenEvery normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.

Oh man the stalkers are supremely cool I'm psyyyyyched. :-D
Adversity is like a strong wind. It tears away from us all but the things that cannot be torn, so that we see ourselves as we really are.
- Arthur Golden

Quote from: Mood on August 02, 2008, 01:50:50 PM
They're taking new tribe members, then? The last time I inquired, I was told that they weren't.

We are taking new tribe members. The clan is open and eagerly awaits new blood. The application process is the same as all the other desert-elf tribes.

Quote from: Yam on August 02, 2008, 06:15:33 PM
I thought you had to email Shaloonsh first.

http://www.zalanthas.org/gdb/index.php/topic,29584.0.html

That was during Shalooonsh's reign as the desert-elf staff member. He has since rotated out of that position and we now have Belenos, Niamh, and Dakurus . If you check under the webpage documentation under the tribes you will see that the clan is okay to use as a background.

The Dune Stalkers
A nomadic tribe of elves, the Dune Stalkers are most known and feared for their unusual raiding habits, which oftentimes follow no apparent logic. They are said to be
claustrophobic and unable to remain indoors for long periods of time. An elf of the Dune Stalker tribe can be identified by a common tattoo upon the inside of its hand and
an almost fanatical attachment to a small ceremonial dagger.

Okay to use as background.

If you refer to one of the later posts by Belenos and Nimah you'll also see that it is okay to play a Dune Stalker.

http://www.zalanthas.org/gdb/index.php/topic,31729.0.html

So again. I would encourage everyone who is interested in great role-play to consider the Dune Stalkers. One of the better experiences you'll have in your travels across Zalanthas.

My mistake. Sorry.

Dune Stalkers = fun. Please make more of them.

Kah.

Oh... wait.  Wrong tribe.
Yes. Read the thread if you want, or skip to page 7 and be dismissive.
-Reiloth

Words I repeat every time I start a post:
Quote from: Rathustra on June 23, 2016, 03:29:08 PM
Stop being shitty to each other.

Quote from: Malifaxis on August 04, 2008, 06:11:46 PM
Kah.

Oh... wait.  Wrong tribe.
Bwahahahahaha.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

Oh man ever since I found out about this tribe it was the only thing I loved....yes, even over the Rinth......it was the most fun I had ever had and I wish i could make another but by the sounds of it all the spots will be filled in a few minutes lol.
Respect. Responsibility. Compassion.

This is the only desert elf tribe I've played in and likely will ever play in.

I highly recommend playing a Dune Stalker if you haven't already.

I played three Dune Stalkers before.
My view on them were:

Pros
Strong culture to RP. (like any other d-elf tribe, may be a little more)
Benefit of -mobility-, meaning less boredom and more fun.
They are not sissy smufs like Akeitas.
And thus, they are cool.
They have some reputation among Zalanthas.
They are mostly raiders.

Cons
It is hard to keep a character alive, if you like taking risks.
They were small in number, and thus weak since number matters alot. (This was past, present may be different)
They are mostly raiders.
Can take some time to understand about some of Dune Stalker traditions (may be that was only my incapability)
My personal opinion is they are the hardest delf race to rp. (rp good, i mean)

Najdorf makes good points. I was quite surprised by the documentation. It is rather unique.

That being said, it might be a good idea to request some information or access to the documentation before actually applying. I wish I would have done so before I made my Dune Stalker.

It's very different. Good different.

Badass different.

It was crazy though I played one a long time ago and they were much different they have certainly changed for the better.
Respect. Responsibility. Compassion.

Who is the DS imm now? Or what's the email address of the clan?

Dune Stalkers taste good cooked over and open fire and seasoned with just the right amount of spice.

Yes, make more Stalkers, please, I'm hungry.
After knocking back a mouthful of the contents of a full shot-glass, toking away on a rolled joint directly afterwards you say in desert-accented sirihish:
"They call me Tuber, and my son is Tuber-tot."

Yes, we are accepting more Dune Stalkers.  Be advised though, that we are adhering to the documentation strictly.
Eastman: he came out of the east to do battle with The Amazing Rando!

Who do you contact for information?
"But I don't want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.

"Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."

"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.

"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here."

BUMP.

The tribe is alive and well. Always looking for those who are wanting a challenge.

I am not a big fan of desert elves in general.

But I have to say, I like it when there is a good base of Dune Stalkers. I personally wouldnt play one. But I love having them around to do battle with. So, go make one, so I can fight you.

Quote from: James de Monet on April 09, 2015, 01:54:57 AM
My phone now autocorrects "damn" to Dman.
Quote from: deathkamon on November 14, 2015, 12:29:56 AM
The young daughter has been filled.

Hmm...I'm intrigued. email Shalooonsh, Belenos right?

DS are a lot of fun, lot of depth to draw on for a desert elf tribe.
Veteran Newbie