D-elves galore! spin off

Started by spicemustflow, July 23, 2008, 12:01:18 PM

Quote from: Elgiva on July 23, 2008, 04:26:06 PM
AFAIK Sun Runners are mostly active during European peaks and I think Akei'ta Var is in low numbers PC-wise right now.

During my wanderings, I've seen one Sun Runner (or at least, they claimed to be one), two/three other Soh's, and one person that ran away.  That is bias towards who is around in my area of the world, mind you, and the SR camp could be jumping (as could everyone else's camps!)

My plan was to pick a few tribes that I liked the sound of (I was all up for Sun Runner/Sand Jakhal action), and then poke about the forums until you find someone willing to tell you more (or in my case, get grabbed by Forest Junkie, sense smacked into me, and told that Soh was best), and if you like what they're saying, and they at least have similar playtimes (or know one of their tribe that does), you're golden.
Previous of note: Kaevya the blind Tor Scorpion, Kaloraynai 'Raynai' the beetle Ruk, Korenyire of SLK, Koal 'Kick' the hooved Whiran, Kocadici/Dici/Glimmer, Koefaxine the giant Oashi 'Aide', Kosmia 'Grit' the rinthi
Current: Like I'd tell you.

Quote from: Kyviantre on July 24, 2008, 02:30:01 AM
Quote from: Elgiva on July 23, 2008, 04:26:06 PM
AFAIK Sun Runners are mostly active during European peaks and I think Akei'ta Var is in low numbers PC-wise right now.

During my wanderings, I've seen one Sun Runner (or at least, they claimed to be one), two/three other Soh's, and one person that ran away.  That is bias towards who is around in my area of the world, mind you...

Oh yeah, it's hard to see that sneaky sharp-eared bastards out in wastes.  ;D

Quote from: Elgiva on July 24, 2008, 06:24:04 AM
Oh yeah, it's hard to see that sneaky sharp-eared bastards out in wastes.  ;D

Is if you're not hiding in the wastes with them  :-\
Previous of note: Kaevya the blind Tor Scorpion, Kaloraynai 'Raynai' the beetle Ruk, Korenyire of SLK, Koal 'Kick' the hooved Whiran, Kocadici/Dici/Glimmer, Koefaxine the giant Oashi 'Aide', Kosmia 'Grit' the rinthi
Current: Like I'd tell you.

One thing I'll add about solo RP as a d-elf: you do have the tribe's docs to guide your RP. In other words, if you don't have tribe mates to play with for a time, you can explore the tribal docs and try to use them when developing your character's personality and interactions with others. Personally, I find that a fun opportunity. It's must better when you can actually experience the tribal dynamic with a few other PCs, but at least you've got something to work with when it's slow.

I've met Red Fangs, Soh, and Sun Runners in game as of late...
Amor Fati

Do the Red Fangs have a coded camp one can pick from the APoK?
There is no general doctrine which is not capable of eating out our morality if unchecked by the deep-seated habit of direct fellow-feeling with individual fellow-men. -George Eliot

No, but the good thing is, you're basically free to roam the world at will :). Join.

Just as long as it's not done "willy nilly".  I'm sure there are good reasons to do so without being "willy nilly".  Heh.  ;)

well, I don't want to share too much about their customs and ways, the Red Fangs being secretive and all, but willy nilly is not too far fetched :).

July 25, 2008, 07:45:44 AM #33 Last Edit: July 25, 2008, 07:47:41 AM by Winterless
Quote from: Tisiphone on July 25, 2008, 02:10:36 AM
Do the Red Fangs have a coded camp one can pick from the APoK?

No, the usual point for a D-Elf (I could be wrong) is the Blackwing Outpost. Where the "camp" is "located" is in the docs though... available if you start a Red Fang. Just ask the imm for the docs if they were/are not made readily available to your new Red Fang... or old Red Fang for that matter.

The best tribes as far as depth of documentation and just plain awesomeness are SLK, Sun Runners and ATV.  If you'll be the only one, well, it's gotta start somewhere.  You can still interact with other people without having other tribe members, but if everyone said, "I don't want to be alone in that clan so I won't join it," there'd be noone in some clans ever again just because noone's willing to get the ball rolling.  Play the one that you want to play, no matter what anyone else is playing.
Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.

It's a good feeling when you start alone in a clan and the Staff of that clan emails you months later asking you to stop being so awesome because everyone is app'ing to be in your clan and play with you :)
"When I was a fighting man, the kettle-drums they beat;
The people scattered gold-dust before my horse's feet;
But now I am a great king, the people hound my track
With poison in my wine-cup, and daggers at my back."

To those of you who are thinking about playing a D-elf for the first time or even some of you who are currently playing one. This is some great documentation in regards to D-elves and City-elves for that matter. It is even a great refresher as well, granted it is a bit dated but I still think it is very useful.

http://www.armageddon.org/rp/racial/elf.html

- matt.