Cleaning and stuff

Started by , May 05, 2003, 12:55:57 AM

I was thinking it would be neat if there was a cleaning skill. Subsequently it would go with the House Servant subguild or maybe a sub guild of its own, and play out something like the following.

It would add a few new commands and skills:
Skill: Wash. This would be used with soap, water, and then clothing. It would add a temporary 'wet' flag, that would then allow the clothes to be left to dry in sunny rooms and eventually wear off. Washing would more effectively relieve sweat and blood and maybe a new dirt flag 'grime' a more permanent form of dust from extensive dusty state mixed with the constant heat of the sun, and then maybe sweat. (i.e. sweat and dust = grimy sweat yuck.)

Skill: Soap_making, for use the making of soaps to do with washing from animal fats (scrab, bettle etc maybe), and whatever else soap is made of. Also a source of income if the clothing business is down. Would also involve the making of wash tubs from stone and other such soap/wash related things like drying lines from lengths of rope.

This guild would obviously be better employed as maids for houses or such, and thats why I suggest it be added to the house-servant subguild instead of one of its own, as these would probably supplement the existing idea for the subset well.

That is all.

Well. the wash skill is interesting, but soap is already craftable.
A gaunt, yellow-skinned gith shrieks in fear, and hauls ass.
Lizzie:
If you -want- me to think that your character is a hybrid of a black kryl and a white push-broom shaped like a penis, then you've done a great job

I thought clean was one of those hidden skills.

Doesn't clean do all those things?
quote="Ghost"]Despite the fact he is uglier than all of us, and he has a gay look attached to all over himself, and his being chubby (I love this word) Cenghiz still gets most of the girls in town. I have no damn idea how he does that.[/quote]

I wouldn't really like the skill that much, and personally I don't think it takes too much skill to clean something. I'm probably wrong, though, and this would make cleaning a demand, and make people who don't have access to maids were dirty clothes.