Tell your first character's story...

Started by NoteworthyFellow, July 03, 2008, 11:24:45 AM

September 29, 2015, 07:09:29 AM #275 Last Edit: September 29, 2015, 07:16:17 AM by Gilgamesh
My first character was a tribal named Sulmon "the jasper-eyed, swarthy man". From a vnpc tribe. I was very excited to start playing, however I regret making him a tribal. I made his tribe much to closely related to a Bedouin/Arabic theme. On advice right here in the board, I decided to join up with a clan, so I went with Kurac and was hired by a female dorf sergeant. So I bought an erdlu in Tuluk and rode him down the North Road. I had no idea where I was going. Halfway to Luir's the erdlu gave out and wouldn't take my weight anymore. So I walked it. He was half-dead and dying of dehydration on the Old Tuluk Road (I had no idea how close the gate was), but thankfully a couple of Kuraci came and dragged me out of the sun and into the Outpost.
I was hired from there and my first character lived long enough to be a Mercenary for Kurac (several IG years). And there I was, new to the game and being introduced on adventures. From being taunted and haunted by a sorcerer in a desert cave, to an excursion deep, deep inside the Grey Forest. I saw A LOT for my first character. Although I tumbled headfirst into almost everything, and made some half-baked newbie decisions I regret (that probably made me look like an idiot) I had a lot of fun with Sulmon, and I'll never forget that character, and the amazing characters and players (you know who you are) that surrounded him.
And I want to apologize and thank anyone who ran into my character for putting up with the inconsistencies and newbie-flaws that my character had, helped me and played along, ultimately introducing me to the wonderfully imaginative and creative world of role-playing and the game of Armageddon. From then on, I was hooked.

EDIT: Just looked it up, he lasted four months RL. :D
Light RP is like light beer: It fucking sucks and makes me fall asleep.

I miss Tuluk....

Mine was I think in 1994.  ArmageddonMUD wasn't really a role-playing game yet, it was a heavily modified DIKU MUD but had a cool page that talked about some of its features.  They had just removed the ability to see your stats and specific numbers.  A buddy and I created Shadow-dancers which were like a mix between assassins and clerics.  A backstabbing, sneaking healing-magic badass.  This was the days when you typed "cast 'heal' me" and none of this Vivadu fancypants stuff.  So Allanak was just built and we started wandering out west of the city into some kind of tower.  In the top of the tower was a gaj, but we had no idea what a "gaj" was.  We just ran in typing "backstab gaj", "cast 'heal', me", etc.

Kelvik, one of the staff at the time, showed up and started playing the gaj fighting back.  My buddy got killed and so while I was running around the tower hiding and fighting the gaj back and forth, he quickly made another character and ran to me and we defeated the gaj.

This was the days before sdesc's, too, so it was shit like "Frank arrives from the west".

A few days later I applied to be on staff.  Kelvik was stoned and recruited me without talking to me first.  It was a different game...  :D

Quote from: Halasturd on October 06, 2015, 05:07:30 PM
Mine was I think in 1994.  ArmageddonMUD wasn't really a role-playing game yet, it was a heavily modified DIKU MUD but had a cool page that talked about some of its features.  They had just removed the ability to see your stats and specific numbers.  A buddy and I created Shadow-dancers which were like a mix between assassins and clerics.  A backstabbing, sneaking healing-magic badass.  This was the days when you typed "cast 'heal' me" and none of this Vivadu fancypants stuff.  So Allanak was just built and we started wandering out west of the city into some kind of tower.  In the top of the tower was a gaj, but we had no idea what a "gaj" was.  We just ran in typing "backstab gaj", "cast 'heal', me", etc.

Kelvik, one of the staff at the time, showed up and started playing the gaj fighting back.  My buddy got killed and so while I was running around the tower hiding and fighting the gaj back and forth, he quickly made another character and ran to me and we defeated the gaj.

This was the days before sdesc's, too, so it was shit like "Frank arrives from the west".

A few days later I applied to be on staff.  Kelvik was stoned and recruited me without talking to me first.  It was a different game...  :D

topkek

If not my favorite, this is easily in my top three favorite Armageddon stories now.
Quote from: James de Monet on April 09, 2015, 01:54:57 AM
My phone now autocorrects "damn" to Dman.
Quote from: deathkamon on November 14, 2015, 12:29:56 AM
The young daughter has been filled.