Class System

Started by jcljules, June 17, 2008, 10:34:52 PM

I -really- don't like Armageddons Class System. I'd prefer to be able to choose specific skills and make a more 'customized' character--that way we'd have more unique characters.

Thoughts on this?
Quote from: Gimfalisette
(10:00:49 PM) Gimf: Yes, you sentence? I sentence often.

Uh oh, now you've done it.
There is no general doctrine which is not capable of eating out our morality if unchecked by the deep-seated habit of direct fellow-feeling with individual fellow-men. -George Eliot

Quote from: jcljules on June 17, 2008, 10:34:52 PM
I -really- don't like Armageddons Class System. I'd prefer to be able to choose specific skills and make a more 'customized' character--that way we'd have more unique characters.

Thoughts on this?

I AGREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*explodes*
"When I was a fighting man, the kettle-drums they beat;
The people scattered gold-dust before my horse's feet;
But now I am a great king, the people hound my track
With poison in my wine-cup, and daggers at my back."

I DISAGREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*explodes*

I think that maybe multi-classing would better handle this.
"Never was anything great achieved without danger."
     -Niccolo Machiavelli

I think this will be taken care of in 2.arm yes?

Unlikely things are going to change for 1.arm ... but for what's it's worth ... I agree with you. Finding out that your PC will never be able to learn the "value" skill no matter how much RP might warrent it because of the guild/subguild choice that you might not have even fully understood when you picked it because you hadn't played the game for 10 years already ... ... sucks. Big time.

:-[
Quote from: Marauder Moe
Oh my god he's still rocking the sandwich.

In before PF.
Quote from: Vanth on February 13, 2008, 05:27:50 PM
I'm gonna go all Gimfalisette on you guys and lay down some numbers.

There is no general doctrine which is not capable of eating out our morality if unchecked by the deep-seated habit of direct fellow-feeling with individual fellow-men. -George Eliot

There are multiple threads on the Armageddon Reborn forum and blog posts on this already.  Please read/post there.  Thanks!

Locking this thread.
Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

With appropriate roleplay of course.