Author Topic: A Random Thought  (Read 2449745 times)

Barsook

Re: A Random Thought
« Reply #36525 on: March 31, 2020, 06:51:48 PM »
I wonder what is the staff up to for tomorrow....
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

DesertT

« Reply #36526 on: March 31, 2020, 06:58:18 PM »
I wonder what is the staff up to for tomorrow....

The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Barsook

« Reply #36527 on: March 31, 2020, 09:28:17 PM »
Numbers have gone up for daytime play.

Wonder if this has anything to do with the number of people who are now teleworking....

I started to rack up hours played again a bit too quickly.
Fredd-

Chettaman

• Helper
    • Facebook!
« Reply #36528 on: April 23, 2020, 06:52:06 PM »
I miss not driving.
Live like God.
Love like God.

"Don't let life be your burden."
- Some guy, Twin Warriors

RogueGunslinger

« Reply #36529 on: May 17, 2020, 12:45:12 PM »
Every thing everyone has ever done.

Is an amazing sentence.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2020, 12:47:06 PM by RogueGunslinger »

Barsook

« Reply #36530 on: June 16, 2020, 05:30:26 PM »
This community has became my go-to safe place on the Internet. You guys just rock!

I wasn't kidding when I wrote this, I decided to quit Twitter for good as it's toxic. Instead I'm looking for a private (could where everything is hidden from the public eye) small to medium English-only, perhaps a close knit, invite only, forum community that focuses on meaningful topics and posts on just about any topic, minus religion,politics, and world news- as they are very negative topics. If anyone knows of one, please PM me.

Thank you for understanding.
Fredd-

James de Monet

« Reply #36531 on: June 17, 2020, 03:45:13 PM »
I propose a new acronym for use when 2020 makes you absent from the game:

RLWZ - Real Life Went Zalanthan

Usage: “Sorry my PC has been out for a while, I found a nest of murder hornets in my side view mirror and then RLWZ.”
You know I think if James simply retitled his thread "Cheese" and apologized for his first post being off-topic, all problems would be solved.

Barsook

« Reply #36532 on: June 22, 2020, 08:07:32 PM »
I'm not trying to keep the fire going as it related to a minority group. But did any females here, at least in the 2000's, fake/lie their gender when playing MMOPRG's to try to fit in? As in making and playing male characters instead of making and playing females. I did and oddly enough I want go back to those times because it made me feel like I fit in. Please note, I was under aged for Second Life in most of the 2000's and I never really did voice chat when I was briefly on it.
Fredd-

triste

« Reply #36533 on: June 22, 2020, 08:09:45 PM »
I am biologically female and yes, I was a girl playing MMORPGs but playing dudes. I don't recall ever having a female character in everquest. but not sure if I count
ARMAGEDDON SKILL PICKER THING: https://tristearmageddon.github.io/arma-guild-picker/
message me if something there needs an update.

Marauder Moe

« Reply #36534 on: August 09, 2020, 04:22:58 PM »
Hey peeps.  What's kicking?

Hell of a year we're having, eh?

Ourla

• My Art Blog
« Reply #36535 on: August 10, 2020, 12:16:15 AM »

My boyfriend works at a popular local doughnut place and they've been open, in the midst of the pandemic and BLM protests in downtown Portland, every single day. They just found out they have a bedbug infestation.

Hell of a year.
The secret to great RP is having the balls to be weird and the brains to make it eloquent.

RogueGunslinger

« Reply #36536 on: August 11, 2020, 12:08:09 AM »
It seems like for the past 20 years of my life people have been saying this is the worst year and they wished it would be over already. Maybe that is finally true for once.

Even still I refuse to look at everything going on as more than a small bump in whatever forward progress humanity usually marches towards. We've seen Pandemics before. We've seen racism before. We've seen abuse of power, protests, and rioting. We've seen elections years and all the political hogwash that comes with them. It's only natural for these things we have always had to deal with to overlap now and then.

It will get better. It may get worse first, but it will absolutely get better.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2020, 12:09:44 AM by RogueGunslinger »

SpyGuy

« Reply #36537 on: August 11, 2020, 08:43:14 AM »

My boyfriend works at a popular local doughnut place and they've been open, in the midst of the pandemic and BLM protests in downtown Portland, every single day. They just found out they have a bedbug infestation.

Hell of a year.

Voodoo or Blue Star?   Visited Portland for the first time last summer.  Voodoo was all right but Blue Star Donuts was freaking amazing.   Still jealous of the summer weather you guys have there.

Barsook

« Reply #36538 on: August 11, 2020, 08:52:43 AM »
It seems like for the past 20 years of my life people have been saying this is the worst year and they wished it would be over already. Maybe that is finally true for once.

Even still I refuse to look at everything going on as more than a small bump in whatever forward progress humanity usually marches towards. We've seen Pandemics before. We've seen racism before. We've seen abuse of power, protests, and rioting. We've seen elections years and all the political hogwash that comes with them. It's only natural for these things we have always had to deal with to overlap now and then.

Seems so but you think it's from Internet that is causing the overreactions?
Fredd-

triste

« Reply #36539 on: August 11, 2020, 10:33:40 AM »

Seems so but you think it's from Internet that is causing the overreactions?

* Inserts a plug for the book Mindf*ck here, a book exactly on this topic and one of the best books I've read in the past year. *
ARMAGEDDON SKILL PICKER THING: https://tristearmageddon.github.io/arma-guild-picker/

Brytta Léofa

« Reply #36540 on: August 12, 2020, 03:53:35 PM »
I think it was like 12 years ago that I started a GDB thread whose topic was: maybe we should tone down the swearing in game?

Now I feel like my PC is usually the most foulmouthed in the room.

am I the asshole
<Maso> I thought you were like...a real sweet lady.

Barsook

« Reply #36541 on: August 12, 2020, 07:26:35 PM »
After rereading The Tide Lords books all in one go (ish), that last part of the last book now makes more sense then the first read through. The whole book series focuses really on Delcan Hawkes and his childhood friend, doesn't it?
Fredd-

WarriorPoet

« Reply #36542 on: August 13, 2020, 09:46:22 AM »
G Wagon, G Wagon, G wagon, G Wagon,
All the housewives pullin' up.

Ugh.
We were somewhere near the Shield Wall, on the edge of the Red Desert, when the drugs began to take hold...

triste

« Reply #36543 on: August 13, 2020, 02:26:02 PM »
Learned that last night some sad dude in the "Shadow Armageddon Discord" voice chat was shit talking me. If you check the shoutbox on "J Carter's Shadowboard" there is slander about me. Why are these mad and pathetic people concerned with me?

I've also seen that they've insulted other staffers and players there and I am sick of it. These people need to get a life and because I have a life I have better things to do than endure their spitballing. If anyone spitballs me here, bite me.

If I disappear there won't be any shadow cast or left to discuss.

Message me if the guild picker thing needs an update.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2020, 02:51:35 PM by triste »

Aruven

« Reply #36544 on: August 19, 2020, 11:07:10 PM »
Playing in this Covid mess made grateful this community is here--I get surprised bumping into people I thought were long gone every so often.

I missed sekrit santa this year in a rage quit mode.

Musashi started this so long ago. I wonder how that fellow is.

Shaydee

« Reply #36545 on: August 21, 2020, 01:18:35 AM »
I somehow managed to fall into the tiktok time trap again tonight, seeing as its 1am and I've been watching tiktoks since I 'laid down for bed'. And I just am super interested by how they determine what goes on your for you page... for example, mine constantly consists of things ranging from a guy taking random songs that are no where close to being metal, and making them metal (he is super good too), to people doing cosplay to 'witchtok' (I have no idea how I got to that side of tiktok but I am not mad about it) to this Hispanic lady that cleans houses (love her too) to people that post D&D related content to Viking song duets

As opposed to when I started and tiktok showed me mostly content by moms.

Safe to say I'm happy with the content I now see, cause uh now I stay up until the wee hours of the mornin' watching stupid shit on my phone.

I knew I never should have downloaded this damn app..
The naked chubby winged halfling flaps its wings and blows you a kiss!

Barsook

« Reply #36546 on: August 22, 2020, 04:44:36 PM »
There is a weird irony in the speedrunning community. They use a streaming service that promotes unhealthy choices and some of the tech that those runners need to do and/or the long game runs but they seem to host events where people can donate to charities like Doctors Without Boarders which is a health promoting org. Makes no sense.
Fredd-

James de Monet

« Reply #36547 on: September 17, 2020, 01:28:13 AM »
Did not realize today was the Cry of Dolores.  I picked a random plaza off 101 to deliver some keys to some people...and ended up smack in the middle of a giant Mexican Independence celebration.  It was all cop cars and brake stands and giant flags.  So my 5 minute trip turned into 45 minutes, but...it was kinda cool.

Happy Mexican Independence Day, I guess!
You know I think if James simply retitled his thread "Cheese" and apologized for his first post being off-topic, all problems would be solved.

triste

« Reply #36548 on: September 29, 2020, 10:49:45 AM »
Seeing spam bots post in Staff threads here, which players cannot report to moderators, confirms two things I already knew:
- BBCode/Proboards/SMF bbs board code is a joke, particularly when it comes to security practices.
- I can probably reverse engineer what the bot did to post replies to my own unanswered questions in Ask the Staff. But I won't.

WarriorPoet

« Reply #36549 on: September 29, 2020, 11:03:30 PM »
I have always loved Star Trek. As a kid, I never really cared for DS9. I have recently rewatched it a couple of times and found a new appreciation for it.

Killing Dax and replacing her with Lame Imitation Dax kind of killed the show.

Morn and Quark are my 2 favorite characters. Quark might be in my top 10 all time.
We were somewhere near the Shield Wall, on the edge of the Red Desert, when the drugs began to take hold...