Author Topic: A Random Thought  (Read 2258924 times)

Iiyola

Re: A Random Thought
« Reply #32925 on: April 11, 2015, 03:19:04 AM »
That was literally the most estrogen-induced reply you could have made.
Watch and learn, my dearest.
Sometimes, severity is the price we pay for greatness

mansa

« Reply #32926 on: April 11, 2015, 03:21:43 AM »
On monday, I start a new job position.

I'm part of a project to purchase a new inventory and point-of-sales system for a major telecommunications company in Canada.

woo?
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

Gimfalisette

« Reply #32927 on: April 11, 2015, 11:55:24 AM »

I don't really wanna pull the "you're too young to understand yet" card, but...you're too young to understand, man. It's kind of like in Armageddon, when your PC is a real-life year old, and you've lost everyone they were friends, lovers, comrades-in-arms with...when you find a new PC who's worth anything you want to cling to them, because you get that it's rare and valuable.

In the last 4 years I have lost: My mom, my two remaining grandparents, and a woman who was like a second mother to me. I have seen people in my extended network go through devastating losses. Each of us is only given a certain amount of time on this ball of dirt, and the only thing that's really important when it comes down to it is the impact we have on other people, and the connections we make with them.

Life's too short to not give a shit about the connections that I do have. That's not estrogen talking; it's an adult understanding of love and loss.
I'm gonna go all Gimfalisette on you guys and lay down some numbers.

FantasyWriter

• Tales of Then--Reflections of Now
« Reply #32928 on: April 11, 2015, 12:26:09 PM »

I don't really wanna pull the "you're too young to understand yet" card, but...you're too young to understand, man. It's kind of like in Armageddon, when your PC is a real-life year old, and you've lost everyone they were friends, lovers, comrades-in-arms with...when you find a new PC who's worth anything you want to cling to them, because you get that it's rare and valuable.

In the last 4 years I have lost: My mom, my two remaining grandparents, and a woman who was like a second mother to me. I have seen people in my extended network go through devastating losses. Each of us is only given a certain amount of time on this ball of dirt, and the only thing that's really important when it comes down to it is the impact we have on other people, and the connections we make with them.

Life's too short to not give a shit about the connections that I do have. That's not estrogen talking; it's an adult understanding of love and loss.

Datanazi speaks the truth.
Greb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

whitt

« Reply #32929 on: April 11, 2015, 12:33:53 PM »

Or as Max Von Sydow's King Osric would say

There comes a time, thief, when the jewels cease to sparkle.  When gold looses its luster.  When the throne room becomes a prison.  All that is left is a father's love for his child.
Quote from: BadSkeelz
Ah well you should just kill those PCs. They're not worth the time of plotting creatively against.

Iiyola

« Reply #32930 on: April 11, 2015, 02:26:45 PM »
Nuff said.  :)
Sometimes, severity is the price we pay for greatness

ShaLeah

« Reply #32931 on: April 11, 2015, 02:32:24 PM »
The man I consider the love of my life is someone I never met. He's still 'the one' after 16 years.

It's funny how 'working' when you LOVE what you do isn't subject to how much you think you should be paid on a normal job.

Nothing ruins your meal at a steakhouse like an overcooked $90 porterhouse.

Can't/shouldn't put the whole story on Facebook:  A John brought in his whore to my Ruby Tuesday, presumably to feed and water her before he umm... rode her like a cowboy ahh... got his fiddy sid worth of ho ... hmmm... paid her for her services. They couldn't look me in the eye (either one of them) and I guessed they were gonna be shitty tippers so I was in the kill them with kindness mode. I doted on those motherfuckers like they were my dying grandmother. Constant refills, annoying 'how's everything's. The whole nine.
It was glorious to walk up on them time after time when they were trying to get jiggy with it at my table, ShaL the cock-blocker at her finest. Walking up on her looking and preening at herself in his phone while he drooled (both his hands under the table on his wacker) was giggle worthy too. Getting him to laugh from telling her 'Gurrl stop it, you know you're pretty" when she was primping was probably the clincher and the one who raised her cattiness to new heights. In the end, I ended up with a $5 tip on a $70 bill but with a memory that will last a lifetime. No one can convince me that they were a couple. She was wearing an acid washed jean skirt, patterned pantyhose, hooker heels, painted and chipped press on nails and stunk of cheap body spray. Her weave was FABULOUS though. Big bitch, like easily 5'10". Spitting image of New York.

I'm taking an indeterminate break from Armageddon for the foreseeable future and thereby am not available for mudsex.
In law a man is guilty when he violates the rights of others. In ethics he is guilty if he only thinks of doing so.

Jihelu

« Reply #32932 on: April 11, 2015, 03:29:02 PM »
Now that I've gotten a job at a shittier version of Ihop, I am ready to accept humans as the useless pieces of shit they are.
God have mercy on my soul.

Also Sao is bad because it's Ecchi but it acts like it isn't.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2015, 06:04:37 PM by Jihelu »

Kismetic

« Reply #32933 on: April 11, 2015, 06:21:35 PM »
Each of us is only given a certain amount of time on this ball of dirt, and the only thing that's really important when it comes down to it is the impact we have on other people, and the connections we make with them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMxH7JLVdhc
"Well, Gary, if that even is your real name ...  somebody stole my computer.  Now, if you're a criminal--  Look at me! ... You have to tell me, legally, or else it's considered entrapment."  -- Andy Dwyer

MeTekillot

« Reply #32934 on: April 12, 2015, 01:27:18 AM »
Changing metadata on Windows 8 sure is an enormous pain in the ass.
There really is no attempt at making different magicks balanced.  The imbalance is intentional and part of the game world

HavokBlue

• Helper
« Reply #32935 on: April 12, 2015, 08:37:27 AM »
computor hacking
All the world will be your enemy. When they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

RogueGunslinger

« Reply #32936 on: April 12, 2015, 09:13:06 AM »
Man people use the word meta so interchangeably with different meanings and suffixes that I have no idea what the fuck the word is supposed to mean anymore.

Barsook

« Reply #32937 on: April 12, 2015, 09:15:52 AM »
Man people use the word meta so interchangeably with different meanings and suffixes that I have no idea what the fuck the word is supposed to mean anymore.

HavokBlue

• Helper
« Reply #32938 on: April 12, 2015, 09:19:10 AM »
Self referential.
All the world will be your enemy. When they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

RogueGunslinger

« Reply #32939 on: April 12, 2015, 09:51:13 AM »
It's used a few different ways from what I've seen. Metagame is patterns and techniques that surface inside of a game that fluctuate based on popularity and efficacy. Sometimes meta is used to describe something inside of something else, or layers on top of each other, or it's used to describe one which leads to another.

Then you have all those words that make sense under that definition of self-referential: metaphysics, metadata, metacognition... etc

Kol

« Reply #32940 on: April 12, 2015, 11:34:28 AM »
If theres Metaphors.....does that mean there's phors? What the fuck are phors?

Quote from: BleakOne
Dammit Kol you made me laugh too.
A staff member sends:
     "Hi! Please don't kill the sparring dummy."

HavokBlue

• Helper
« Reply #32941 on: April 12, 2015, 11:37:08 AM »
did somebody say pfhor

Molten Heart

« Reply #32942 on: April 12, 2015, 03:35:23 PM »
If theres Metaphors.....does that mean there's phors? What the fuck are phors?

http://www.etymonline.com/index.php?term=metaphor
#tooserious

Kol

« Reply #32943 on: April 12, 2015, 04:30:49 PM »
That's pretty good. Thanks.

From now on, I'll be asking for phoresy-rides. Not piggy-back
Quote from: BleakOne
Dammit Kol you made me laugh too.
A staff member sends:
     "Hi! Please don't kill the sparring dummy."

RogueGunslinger

« Reply #32944 on: April 12, 2015, 11:14:15 PM »
"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity." - Someone much smarter than me.

TheWanderer

« Reply #32945 on: April 13, 2015, 01:05:13 AM »
Yeah, I'd have sex with me. It's not even up for debate.

It's important to be attracted to yourself, kids.
Whatever happens, happens.

Desertman

« Reply #32946 on: April 13, 2015, 09:38:56 AM »
The man I consider the love of my life is someone I never met. He's still 'the one' after 16 years.

It's funny how 'working' when you LOVE what you do isn't subject to how much you think you should be paid on a normal job.

Nothing ruins your meal at a steakhouse like an overcooked $90 porterhouse.

Can't/shouldn't put the whole story on Facebook:  A John brought in his whore to my Ruby Tuesday, presumably to feed and water her before he umm... rode her like a cowboy ahh... got his fiddy sid worth of ho ... hmmm... paid her for her services. They couldn't look me in the eye (either one of them) and I guessed they were gonna be shitty tippers so I was in the kill them with kindness mode. I doted on those motherfuckers like they were my dying grandmother. Constant refills, annoying 'how's everything's. The whole nine.
It was glorious to walk up on them time after time when they were trying to get jiggy with it at my table, ShaL the cock-blocker at her finest. Walking up on her looking and preening at herself in his phone while he drooled (both his hands under the table on his wacker) was giggle worthy too. Getting him to laugh from telling her 'Gurrl stop it, you know you're pretty" when she was primping was probably the clincher and the one who raised her cattiness to new heights. In the end, I ended up with a $5 tip on a $70 bill but with a memory that will last a lifetime. No one can convince me that they were a couple. She was wearing an acid washed jean skirt, patterned pantyhose, hooker heels, painted and chipped press on nails and stunk of cheap body spray. Her weave was FABULOUS though. Big bitch, like easily 5'10". Spitting image of New York.

I laughed a good bit. Thank you.
My phone now autocorrects "damn" to Dman.
The young daughter has been filled.

HavokBlue

• Helper
« Reply #32947 on: April 14, 2015, 07:29:22 PM »
only 1790s kids will get this

« Last Edit: April 15, 2015, 03:16:41 AM by HavokBlue »

HavokBlue

• Helper
« Reply #32948 on: April 15, 2015, 12:50:38 AM »

MeTekillot

« Reply #32949 on: April 15, 2015, 02:57:21 AM »
I got a computer with Windows Vista and almost a gig of RAM. it's enough to play Arm so that's something.

There really is no attempt at making different magicks balanced.  The imbalance is intentional and part of the game world