Author Topic: A Random Thought  (Read 2258923 times)

HavokBlue

• Helper
Re: A Random Thought
« Reply #32850 on: March 30, 2015, 10:12:11 AM »
You might just have some really raw strings, or apply a lot of pressure when you slide then.

I don't know any strings that are -silent- but I use coated strings and they're easier on my fingers and don't produce quite the same sound when sliding up and down the neck.
All the world will be your enemy. When they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

Marauder Moe

« Reply #32851 on: March 30, 2015, 10:22:16 AM »
I dunno, I always seem to hear sliding even in master-level acoustic recordings.  But yeah, maybe less pressure?

Barzalene

« Reply #32852 on: March 30, 2015, 11:03:14 AM »
Powerful art gives me a feeling like vertigo.
Varak:You tell the mangy, pointy-eared gortok, in sirihish: "What, girl? You say the sorceror-king has fallen down the well?"
Ghardoan:A pitiful voice rises from the well below, "I've fallen and I can't get up..."

Aruven

« Reply #32853 on: March 30, 2015, 11:15:52 AM »
You might just have some really raw strings, or apply a lot of pressure when you slide then.

I don't know any strings that are -silent- but I use coated strings and they're easier on my fingers and don't produce quite the same sound when sliding up and down the neck.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wb33CxLmAcI

It sounds okay on the higher notes, but then when I get to those big baddies on the upper row it sounds horrible. Letting up much more loses the sound I want though. Demonstration

HavokBlue

• Helper
« Reply #32854 on: March 30, 2015, 11:36:49 AM »
That's an unavoidable side effect of those fat strings being coiled and textured. That does sound somewhat pronounced though, so maybe try out the coated strings and see if they sound better for your ear?
All the world will be your enemy. When they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

Aruven

« Reply #32855 on: March 30, 2015, 11:42:10 AM »
I'm so lazy. I'll get it re-stringed this week and try it out! I'm telling you I cant do the lightning quick moves under these conditions

Sorry random thoughts thread you just got used

Malken

« Reply #32856 on: March 30, 2015, 12:00:08 PM »
I'm so lazy. I'll get it re-stringed this week and try it out! I'm telling you I cant do the lightning quick moves under these conditions

Sorry random thoughts thread you just got used

Are they new strings? New strings always have that *twang* sound that takes a while to go away.
“When I was a fighting man, the kettle-drums they beat;
The people scattered gold-dust before my horse’s feet;
But now I am a great king, the people hound my track
With poison in my wine-cup, and daggers at my back.”

Delirium

• Helper
« Reply #32857 on: March 30, 2015, 02:27:09 PM »
I love the apartment and location we're moving to and I'm super excited about it but this'll be the 3rd time in 12 months that I've moved and I'm tired of moving.

Someone invent a matter transporter stat, kthx.
"There are no happy endings, because nothing ends." - Schmendrick

Aruven

« Reply #32858 on: March 30, 2015, 02:32:00 PM »
Uhh... those strings have been on there since i was in the navy  ::)

Desertman

« Reply #32859 on: March 30, 2015, 05:06:18 PM »
Fighting the urge to pick up Farming Simulator off of Steam and just spend forever being a farmer and killing time. I think it might be relaxing.
My phone now autocorrects "damn" to Dman.
The young daughter has been filled.

Pale Horse

« Reply #32860 on: March 30, 2015, 07:58:02 PM »
Fighting the urge to pick up Farming Simulator off of Steam and just spend forever being a farmer and killing time. I think it might be relaxing.

D-Man, you can't fool me.  I've seen "Conan" and "In the Name of the King."  I've played Fable.  I know what happens to "farmers."  You're just baiting raiders and barbarians so you can kick some ass.
Quote from: Dalmeth
I've come to the conclusion that relaxing is not the lack of doing anything, but doing something that comes easily to you.

MeTekillot

« Reply #32861 on: March 31, 2015, 02:09:54 AM »
i found a new meme. mom's spaghetti. asperger's. spergeti. asperg-- do you know what this means. DO YOU KNOW WHAT THIS MEANS? i've unlocekd the secret to the memes. this changes everything.
There really is no attempt at making different magicks balanced.  The imbalance is intentional and part of the game world

HavokBlue

• Helper
« Reply #32862 on: March 31, 2015, 08:10:21 AM »
oh boy this is gonna be good

Saellyn

« Reply #32863 on: March 31, 2015, 09:38:36 AM »
Yeah I was just trying to ignore its existence...

Barsook

« Reply #32864 on: March 31, 2015, 09:39:40 AM »
Same.

Desertman

« Reply #32865 on: March 31, 2015, 10:04:37 AM »
Powerful art gives me a feeling like vertigo.

Glad this isn't only me. Really awesome art also gives me this feeling. Especially fantasy type epic-scale landscapes.

Me and Sook, we be mates.

Desertman

« Reply #32866 on: March 31, 2015, 10:06:45 AM »

D-Man, you can't fool me.  I've seen "Conan" and "In the Name of the King."  I've played Fable.  I know what happens to "farmers."  You're just baiting raiders and barbarians so you can kick some ass.

This is hilarious because this is my exact plan once Life is Feudal gets to a point I want to play it on the development end.

Max out skills. Build a small little farm in the middle of nowhere. Spend my days farming and rolling nubs who come along thinking they can take me out and raid my farm.

Aruven

« Reply #32867 on: March 31, 2015, 10:08:56 AM »
I'm afraid I won't develop as a human being if I play Life is Feudal.

Desertman

« Reply #32868 on: March 31, 2015, 10:11:34 AM »

Right now it is in my trash bin of "Great ideas that are going to kick ass if they ever actually come out and don't get ruined during development and sidetracked from their original idea.".

For example, they have already taken out directional parrying and are now going with more of an Assassin's Creed style combat system instead of a Mount and Blade combat system.

Still, I'm holding out a faint hope.

Aruven

« Reply #32869 on: March 31, 2015, 10:16:46 AM »

Right now it is in my trash bin of "Great ideas that are going to kick ass if they ever actually come out and don't get ruined during development and sidetracked from their original idea.".

For example, they have already taken out directional parrying and are now going with more of an Assassin's Creed style combat system instead of a Mount and Blade combat system.

lol

Mount & Blade had potential. Had.

Patuk

« Reply #32870 on: March 31, 2015, 10:21:25 AM »
I cycled across a lady today who looked like an exact replica of Newman, only female.
You take the last bite of your scooby snack.
This tastes like ordinary meat.
There is nothing left now.

Desertman

« Reply #32871 on: March 31, 2015, 10:22:26 AM »

lol

Mount & Blade had potential. Had.

If Taleworlds would get their act together and just produce the M&B MMO everyone wants they would be an actual contender on the MMO market.

They have done everything on the PVP front right. They fit a niche in that regard no other developer in any other game has been able to duplicate despite their efforts.

That is why games like Darkfall, Life is Feudal, and Mortal Online all marketed originally with things like, "Mount and Blade style combat.".  Then they all realized they couldn't pull it off and it all got changed along the way during development. That or their version of it took so long to get right that by the time they did, they had jaded their playerbases with their shit-level performance for the years/months prior.

Then again, maybe great developers like that shouldn't produce an MMO.

TES was supposed to be THE next MMO, but they changed so much about it from the single player games that it was a piece of rancid shit by the time it got made. (Granted, Bethesda didn't make the MMO, which probably had a lot to do with it turning out how it did.)

Desertman

« Reply #32872 on: March 31, 2015, 10:22:52 AM »
I cycled across a lady today who looked like an exact replica of Newman, only female.

That poor girl.

Aruven

« Reply #32873 on: March 31, 2015, 10:26:52 AM »
Yup, everything you said!

They just... aren't I guess?

MeTekillot

« Reply #32874 on: March 31, 2015, 04:37:24 PM »
Ididn't realize what a nerd Desertman is.t
There really is no attempt at making different magicks balanced.  The imbalance is intentional and part of the game world