Sending GDB PMs to Staff

Started by Shalooonsh, May 12, 2008, 08:24:47 AM

Please don't do this.  By and large, staff much prefer to have all interactions take place over email, and rarely, if ever, check PMs on the GDB.

I've gotten a few lately, and it looks like it may be a growing trend, so please do cease it if you get the inclination.
I seduced the daughters of men
And made the death of them.
I demanded human sacrifices
From the rest of them.
I became the spirit that haunted
And protected them.
And I lived in the tower of flame
But death collected them.
-War is my Destiny, Ill Bill

By the same token, please don't send emails ONLY to a staff member. Always CC with either the clan account or the general mud email address.

These measures are in place to hold up accountability on all ends, staff included.

I'll second this.  The advantage for me of having players use a single channel of communication - my armageddon.org address - is that the mail is in one place and I can refer back to it without having to hunt through my non-game email, PMs on this board, IMs, Facebook mail, MySpace mail. etc.  I've gotten game-related stuff in all of those channels and would really prefer folks use the sanvean AT armageddon.org mail.

Apparently this needs to be bumped. 
Tiernan: I think it's someone playing a game
Thistle: Is that game called 'armageddon'?
Nyr swings a steel greatsword named 'Immortal Slayer' at Thistle, a thorny potted plant.
Tiernan the Timelord leans backward and boots you right in your head.
/* T

Bumping this thread and making it sticky.  Please to be taking as a reminder.
Eastman: he came out of the east to do battle with The Amazing Rando!

Bumping and updating to say, submit a request!
Nyr: newbs killing newbs
Nyr: hot newb on newb violence
Ath: Mmmmmm, HOT!

Bumpin' again.  Please send in a request when you need to ask staff a question.  Do not send PMs to staff.  Thanks!
Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

With appropriate roleplay of course.

Bumping this again.  Send in requests if you need to talk to staff.  Please follow instructions on this, we do not use GDB PMs.
Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

Hey. This again. Do not send PMs to staff, send requests through the request tool.
Quote from: Decameron on September 16, 2010, 04:47:50 PM
Character: "I've been working on building a new barracks for some tim-"
NPC: "Yeah, that fell through, sucks but YOUR HOUSE IS ON FIREEE!! FIRE-KANKS!!"

When I get a PM, I will totally just delete it, so...just saying, please use the request tool if you want to communicate with staff.  This is for lots of reasons.

1.  We don't ever check PMs except to delete them and then post announcements saying not to send them
2.  Your request can't get lost in the system
3.  There's accountability for responses there

July 14, 2011, 03:14:48 PM #10 Last Edit: July 14, 2011, 03:25:43 PM by Nyr
If you want to send a message "just" to one staffer, don't send a PM.  We don't read these.  There's no accountability to these.  You are creating unnecessary work for staff for them to reply to them; if any staff members do reply, they have to go toss it up somewhere (either in an e-mail or on the IDB).
If you do get it in your head to send a PM, don't start out your PM with "I know you guys don't read this."  You are stating that you know the guidelines and how you SHOULD do things, you just don't care (which is admittedly disrespectful, so if you do get a response, know that it was undeserved--feel grateful!)

If you want to vent to something and not get a response, write up a note in wordpad.
If you want to vent on something and do want a response, put in a request through the request tool.

Just a note here but this should not be possible anymore with active staff.  All PMs have been blocked on staff accounts.