Are people in Tuluk more open toward breeds?

Started by spicemustflow, March 26, 2008, 07:51:52 PM

I mean, if they let a 'saurian youth' wander the streets and don't tear him apart, I see no reason why should they point at breeds. Right? Or not?

Wrong, in my opinion. They might not be as loud in their disdain, but they're probably just as vicious.
Varak:You tell the mangy, pointy-eared gortok, in sirihish: "What, girl? You say the sorceror-king has fallen down the well?"
Ghardoan:A pitiful voice rises from the well below, "I've fallen and I can't get up..."

They may be somewhat more open than Allanakā€“I've seen some mid-ranked half-elf Legion PCs in the past, for example, and one of the bardic circles accepts half-elves. Tuluk's tribal foundation and shorter history make it generally more tolerant. Half-elves still occupy essentially the lowest social level, though; even mutants are somewhat more accepted than half-elves up there.

I think Tuluki are almost as ugly and racist as your average Allanaki, but I think a Tuluki would probably express it differently.  An Allanaki might loudly mouth off to a half-breed and then kick his face in for shits and giggles.  A Tuluki on the other hand probably is just as nasty of a racist, but probably gets their barbs in with a little more class.

Allanaki:  "Hey you ugly fucking breed!  Tell me, did your mother like it when your necker daddy pounded her crust old crotch rot ridden ass like the 'rinth whore she was?"

Tuluki:  "I remember how much fun I used to have when had big family gathering with all the relatives from my mothers side met up with my fathers family once a year and had a great party. Didn't you love going to large family gatherings when you were a child?"

It's been said already, but there is always that common misconception tuluk is all kisses and hugs about some things. But, to go more in-depth, and jstorrie touched on this, tuluk's history has led it to overlook certain aspects about culture and race.  And it's known that the northern nobility are said to remember that the nobility are there, because the people fought for them against the occupation, so things are different, even for breeds.

Quote from: Rindan on March 26, 2008, 08:46:11 PM
I think Tuluki are almost as ugly and racist as your average Allanaki, but I think a Tuluki would probably express it differently.  An Allanaki might loudly mouth off to a half-breed and then kick his face in for shits and giggles.  A Tuluki on the other hand probably is just as nasty of a racist, but probably gets their barbs in with a little more class.

Allanaki:  "Hey you ugly fucking breed!  Tell me, did your mother like it when your necker daddy pounded her crust old crotch rot ridden ass like the 'rinth whore she was?"

Tuluki:  "I remember how much fun I used to have when had big family gathering with all the relatives from my mothers side met up with my fathers family once a year and had a great party. Didn't you love going to large family gatherings when you were a child?"

QFT
Quote from: roughneck on October 13, 2018, 10:06:26 AM
Armageddon is best when it's actually harsh and brutal, not when we're only pretending that it is.

Quote from: Aruven on March 27, 2008, 03:37:35 AM
It's been said already, but there is always that common misconception tuluk is all kisses and hugs about some things. But, to go more in-depth, and jstorrie touched on this, tuluk's history has led it to overlook certain aspects about culture and race.  And it's known that the northern nobility are said to remember that the nobility are there, because the people fought for them against the occupation, so things are different, even for breeds.

But not much different (for breeds).
Quote from: ShalooonshTuluk: More Subtly Hot. If you can't find action in Tuluk, you're from Allanak.
Quote from: Southie"In His Radiance" -> I am a traitor / I've been playing too much in Tuluk recently.

This is.. TULUK!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *hugs man out of pit and apologizes*
"When I was a fighting man, the kettle-drums they beat;
The people scattered gold-dust before my horse's feet;
But now I am a great king, the people hound my track
With poison in my wine-cup, and daggers at my back."

Scene adjustment for accuracy:

The burly, bearded man steps forward and smiles, clasping a hand on the dark, muscular man's shoulder.

The dark, muscular man looks at the burly, bearded man, tensely.

Words measured and amiable, the burly, bearded man says, in northern-accented sirihish:
   "This is Tuluk. Let's go talk about this, shall we?"

* 10 days later...

A nervous tic to his eye, the squat, dark-skinned man says, in southern-accented sirihish:
   "Uh, dudes, has anyone seen Amos?"

Quote from: a strange shadow on March 27, 2008, 11:40:51 AM
Scene adjustment for accuracy:

The burly, bearded man steps forward and smiles, clasping a hand on the dark, muscular man's shoulder.

The dark, muscular man looks at the burly, bearded man, tensely.

Words measured and amiable, the burly, bearded man says, in northern-accented sirihish:
   "This is Tuluk. Let's go talk about this, shall we?"

* 10 days later...

A nervous tic to his eye, the squat, dark-skinned man says, in southern-accented sirihish:
   "Uh, dudes, has anyone seen Amos?"

QFT
"Don't take life too seriously, nobody ever makes it out alive anyway."

There's no QFT for that, we all know that the dark, muscular man has just been too busy mudsexing in the booths for the last week or so!

Why don't you play a breed in Tuluk?
Quote from: H. L.  MenckenEvery normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.

Quote from: Mood on March 27, 2008, 02:23:36 PM

Because if I did, some would start up threads asking why people are so easily seduced by breeds in Tuluk  ;D

Quote from: Malken on March 27, 2008, 05:06:44 PM
Quote from: Mood on March 27, 2008, 02:23:36 PM

Because if I did, some would start up threads asking why people are so easily seduced by breeds in Tuluk  ;D

Tuluk already has its pimps.. Pfft.. Wanna be.  ::)
"Don't take life too seriously, nobody ever makes it out alive anyway."

Everyone in Tuluk is gettin some.  ;D You know who you are!
Quote from: Wug
No one on staff is just waiting for the opportunity to get revenge on someone who killed one of their characters years ago.

Except me. I remember every death. And I am coming for you bastards.