My Role, Let Me Show You It [UPDATED!]

Started by Fathi, February 27, 2008, 06:59:12 AM

February 27, 2008, 06:59:12 AM Last Edit: April 21, 2008, 08:54:29 PM by Fathi
You remember when you were younger and all your friends had Nintendos? And when you asked for a NES for your birthday, your mom said THAT WILL ROT YOUR BRAIN! and got you books about nature or whatever instead?

Well none of that matters anymore, because the role I have for you will negate any past disappointment you've ever had.

This role is like finding that last box of Thin Mints in the back of your cupboard loooong after it's Girl Scout Cookie time of year.

THE BASICS!

• This IS a family role with a preference toward the character being a brother, though it's by no means required.
  • This IS a tribal-origin role, however your character does not have to still be a 'tribal' character (little too IC for more on this, PM with questions).
  • There are NO restrictions on guild save for no Nilazis.
  • Your character must be at least twenty-four years old for IC reasons.
  • I'm open to inviting more than one person to join up, totally.
  • Sorry, humans only.
  • The character of mine you'll be interacting with already exists; we won't be building new characters together. I realise now that I didn't spell that out too clearly. Whoops!

THE BENEFITS!

• Your character's background tribe has a fully fleshed-out set of documentation, a detailed culture, and even an extensive VNPC history timeline!
  • If you don't like the documentation, your character can ignore it at will! Although mine might not appreciate it.
  • Should your character find he or she wants it, there is an opportunity for coded clanship down the road.
  • You can play anywhere you damn well please, and our PCs never have to even meet or interact. If you've always wanted to play a tribal-background character but don't like the hard-coded tribes and can't be assed to write your own, feel free to use mine!
  • Playing WITH me, however, is fucking awesome and you'll hate yourself if you don't.

As always, PM for more information.

Edit: Thanks for all the responses so far; OP updated with more info.
And I vanish into the dark
And rise above my station

Playing with Fathi does rock your socks off. Even if you wear sandals.

I'm serious. Socks will manifest onto your feet, and then be rocked off.
<Morgenes> Dunno if it's ever been advertised, but we use Runequest as a lot of our inspiration, and that will be continued in Arm 2
<H&H> I can't take that seriously.
<Morgenes> sorry HnH, can't take what seriously?
<H&H>Oh, I read Runescape. Nevermin

Sounds interesting........mmmmm
The figure in a dark hooded cloak says in rinthi-accented Sirihish, 'Winrothol Tor Fale?'

Echoing Cola's sentiments. Fathi is the tits, and if I weren't neck deep into playing my undead nilazi halfling merchant, I'd jump all over this.

Yea bad timing Fathi!  Unfortunately I'm still in love with current PC or I'd be all over this.

Brandon
Quote from: Ghost on December 16, 2009, 06:15:17 PM
brandon....

you did the biggest mistake of your life

QuotePlaying WITH me, however, is fucking awesome and you'll hate yourself if you don't.

She's not lying.  If I wasn't staff, I'd hop all over this role in a heartbeat, but it's too juicy and would require waaaay too much time that I already don't have.
I seduced the daughters of men
And made the death of them.
I demanded human sacrifices
From the rest of them.
I became the spirit that haunted
And protected them.
And I lived in the tower of flame
But death collected them.
-War is my Destiny, Ill Bill

And if Shal did jump on it and play it, I'd just kill his character, assume the identity, and play it myself.
Quote from: Vanth on February 13, 2008, 05:27:50 PM
I'm gonna go all Gimfalisette on you guys and lay down some numbers.

Quote from: Incognito on February 27, 2008, 07:24:25 AM
Sounds interesting........mmmmm

I must echo, such a statement of the truth...
"Don't take life too seriously, nobody ever makes it out alive anyway."

Quote from: Gimfalisette on February 27, 2008, 12:01:15 PM
And if Shal did jump on it and play it, I'd just kill his character, assume the identity, and play it myself.

And if Gimf did jump on it and play it, I'd just kill her character, assume the identity, and play it myself.

Disclaimer: Don't play with Fathi if you're not interesting in long-lived character development. Also don't play with Fathi if you like playing with someone reliable, or getting involved in plots, or having the world come alive around you.

You have been warned.
There is no general doctrine which is not capable of eating out our morality if unchecked by the deep-seated habit of direct fellow-feeling with individual fellow-men. -George Eliot

I have to echo many peoples' sentiments and say that Fathi is awesome to play alongside. Unfortunately, I need to echo the other one about how my current character is far beyond fun and awesome, so I can't jump at this opportunity.
Quote from: nessalin on July 11, 2016, 02:48:32 PM
Trunk
hidden by 'body/torso'
hides nipples

Fathi,

Why must you tempt me so?

You cruel, cruel bitch.

Love,
Shadow

FATHI IS ACCEPTING NO MORE APPLICANTS.

I AM RESERVING THIS ROLE.

KTHXBAI.

No but seriously, Fathi, as MoF has stated, is THE tits. The only set of tits. In all of Armageddon. Brilliant player.
"You will have useful work: the destruction of evil men. What work could be more useful? This is Beyond; you will find that your work is never done -- So therefore you may never know a life of peace."

~Jack Vance~

[Insert fanboy rant here.]
Quote from: H. L.  MenckenEvery normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.

what limited play i've done with fathi is my single worst experience in all of armageddon

you will regret this role

back me up ghost, am i right or am i right?

Quote from: Only He Stands There on February 27, 2008, 04:58:48 PM
limited play i m worst

role

ghost, right?

Your post had a few holes. I stitched them up though!

Warning: if you play with Fathi, you may have to play near/around me. Sometimes.

Quote from: jstorrie on February 27, 2008, 05:23:24 PM
Warning: if you play with Fathi, you may have to play near/around me. Sometimes.

A rat-nest haired old doom sayer shouts, in panic-accented sirihish
  "RUN FOR YAH' LIFE! THE END IS NEAR! BEG FOR -HIS- MERCY TO SAVE YAH!"

I just teasing...
"Don't take life too seriously, nobody ever makes it out alive anyway."

And if you play with Fathi, you apparently never get to play with me, which is another bonus.
"When I was a fighting man, the kettle-drums they beat;
The people scattered gold-dust before my horse's feet;
But now I am a great king, the people hound my track
With poison in my wine-cup, and daggers at my back."

Quote from: Malken on February 27, 2008, 05:28:56 PM
And if you play with Fathi, you apparently never get to play with me, which is another bonus.

He's right!
Quote from: H. L.  MenckenEvery normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.

Quote from: a strange shadow on February 27, 2008, 04:44:28 PM
Fathi,

Why must you tempt me so?

You cruel, cruel bitch.

Love,
Shadow

I think the only answer to this is that I have to hire you to PK Malken.

I wanted to do this role for a while but then other things came up.

I do not recommend unless you can tolerate high amounts of crazy-awesome, ass-kicking, and retarditry.

Also, despite what you may have seen on the GDB, the legs in Fathi's avatar are really those of her current character.
There is no general doctrine which is not capable of eating out our morality if unchecked by the deep-seated habit of direct fellow-feeling with individual fellow-men. -George Eliot

Quote from: Only He Stands There on February 27, 2008, 04:58:48 PM
what limited play i've done with fathi is my single worst experience in all of armageddon

you will regret this role

back me up ghost, am i right or am i right?

a long time ago, in a galaxy far far away ohst was good, nice guy that everybody loved from the bottom of their heart

then he met fathi

and ever since that day he wakes me up at nights crying rivers on the phone for how it sucks to be playing with fathi

true story
some of my posts are serious stuff

Quoteand ever since that day he wakes me up at nights crying rivers on the phone for how it sucks to be playing with fathi

That's because he wants her hot mud-body and it wasn't IC to hit on her.

Fathi = thumbs up.  She gets Armaddict's seal of approval.
She wasn't doing a thing that I could see, except standing there leaning on the balcony railing, holding the universe together. --J.D. Salinger

Every experience I've had role-playing with Fathi has been god-awful.  I back up Ghost and OHST on this one. 

Also, she has a smelly cunt. 

Quote from: Biscuits on February 27, 2008, 11:24:27 PM
Also, she has a smelly cunt. 

We don't use -that- word in this house missy!!

Brandon
Quote from: Ghost on December 16, 2009, 06:15:17 PM
brandon....

you did the biggest mistake of your life

Smelly cunt indeed.

Seriously though, I'd jump on this if I wouldn't have to completely go against my current characters normal RP and commit suicide. In fact... I have yet to play any role...

In lieu of the fact that a few folks who have asked for more info/expressed interest have current characters that they don't want to store/suicide, I'd just like to point out that there wasn't meant to be a time limit on this or anything. It's ongoing at least until my character dies, although it's not like the background information wouldn't be viable without her.

After a PM I got recently, I guess I should clarify:

This role is for a currently existing character of mine; we will not be working on new concepts together. Sorry if I didn't make that clear enough.

OMG, if my character bites it, which seems unlikely, I know who I'll be PMing.
Quote from: Riev on June 12, 2019, 02:20:04 PM
Do you kill your sparring partners once they are useless to you, so that you are king?

Quote from: path on March 03, 2008, 12:37:01 PM
OMG, if my character bites it, which seems unlikely, I know who I'll be PMing.

Same here. I had a lot of fun playing with Fathi before.

You guys won't be pming anybody if I kill her before she accepts anybody!

The PC or the person?

And if the PC...Just try to imagine somebody laughing at you like a linebacker would laugh at a 5 years old trying to beat him up.
A gaunt, yellow-skinned gith shrieks in fear, and hauls ass.
Lizzie:
If you -want- me to think that your character is a hybrid of a black kryl and a white push-broom shaped like a penis, then you've done a great job

Don't dare me!  The sandstorms will never end!

the player

who cares about the pc?

Meh, in thinking over the matter, I'm betting the player is nearly as dangerouse as her PC...She is in texas, Thats how many guns per square foot of house?
A gaunt, yellow-skinned gith shrieks in fear, and hauls ass.
Lizzie:
If you -want- me to think that your character is a hybrid of a black kryl and a white push-broom shaped like a penis, then you've done a great job

Texas has a 1sqft:1 gun ratio.  If the inspector comes by and doesn't trip over your guns while walking through your house, you are deported to California.
Tryin' to make friends but people are jerks,
So I'm gonna put some fleas on you.
And the fleas'll have the plague,
And they'll make you cough a lot,
Then you'll be too sick to hurt my feelings anymore.

Where's that blushy-face smiley when you need it?

Thanks for all the support and kind words, everyone. This is still ongoing, just so you know.

Also, yes, I do own several guns.

Totally want to play with Fathi sometime!  8)

Everyone should play with Fathi sometime. Also, everyone should play in the Byn. Once upon a time you used to be able to do both those things at the same time; but alas, no more.
Quote from: Vanth on February 13, 2008, 05:27:50 PM
I'm gonna go all Gimfalisette on you guys and lay down some numbers.

I remember that time.

Hot damn was that fun.

you should quote that one more time i did not get it

UPDATED UPDATED UPDATED UPDATED omg omg omg omg.

Yeah, so. The computer I had some of my Awesome Docs saved on went kaput for a while, but the Awesome Docs are back in my possession now. I have forgotten the names of some people who expressed interest, I'm sure, and I have a horrible habit of clearing out my PM box, so I figured I would bump this topic freshly so those who were interested and still might be have a chance to finally see the notes.

I've got one family member lined up who's sure to be just as Awesome as the documentation, but I'd still love a brother or two!

Thanks to everybody who expressed interest and said nice things except OHST and Biscuits because they have dick-shaped fingers and that's not cool.

(Note: I am severely medicated at the moment and any/all PM responses from me may or may not be coherent compared to previous communications. I regret nothing but apologise in advance.)

Quote(Note: I am severely medicated at the moment and any/all PM responses from me may or may not be coherent compared to previous communications. I regret nothing but apologise in advance.)

Best disclaimer ever.
She wasn't doing a thing that I could see, except standing there leaning on the balcony railing, holding the universe together. --J.D. Salinger

I'm in the process of going through the last of my PMs now--those of you who have responded quickly or been patient enough bear with me, I appreciate it.

I empty my PM box a bit too sporadically sometimes, so if you expressed interest and I never replied to you at all, feel free to prod me again.

Some of your concepts have been really neat and spirited and definitely not the sort of thing I was expecting from such a generic role niche--I look forward to seeing some of them in action!