Preserving the Wonder and Mystery

Started by Gimfalisette, January 29, 2008, 01:32:05 PM

The only difference between those who uses AIM and those who don't is the amount of drama and bs you'll have to put up with in the end  ;)
"When I was a fighting man, the kettle-drums they beat;
The people scattered gold-dust before my horse's feet;
But now I am a great king, the people hound my track
With poison in my wine-cup, and daggers at my back."

Quote from: Malken on November 28, 2008, 04:35:19 PM
The only difference between those who uses AIM and those who don't is the amount of drama and bs you'll have to put up with in the end  ;)

Well, if you -do- use AIM, then a lot of plots going on around the world might be sort of "Oh, I've seen that before, I know whats going on." I suppose.

I use AIM as my own personal APM. Hearing stories of old characters, hearing about cool things they did or said. Sometimes it spills into current characters. For instance, [Character] totally went the wrong way in [Place] and had to fight like six [Creature] and -lived- to tell people back in [city] about it.
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

I'm enjoying speaking to neither immortals nor other players (as much as that is possible). I used to chat on IRC a little, as Cleric of Nilaz, or on the GDB as Yang or even IMs, and I've built some very strong RL friendships because of Armageddon. These friendships and interactions usually only enriched the game for me. But now, nearly 15 years after beginning to play (I was only 14 then, now going on 29!) I am at last able to find enjoyment in this game in the spirit it was meant to be.

My knowledge of the game is not even remotely complete, even after all that time, so there is still plenty of wonder and mystery. The best part of that is though, I can sometimes play characters who perpetuate that wonder and mystery and bring the game world to life for other players and their beautiful characters, without really needing to reveal my identity or exploits at all. It's very much 'the zone' and I'm thankful for this amazing multiplayer world to escape into when the wonder and mystery of real life isn't so appealing.

KIA
"The perfect police state has no police." - William S. Burroughs

Quote from: KIA on November 28, 2008, 05:24:27 PM
I'm enjoying speaking to neither immortals nor other players (as much as that is possible). I used to chat on IRC a little, as Cleric of Nilaz, or on the GDB as Yang or even IMs, and I've built some very strong RL friendships because of Armageddon. These friendships and interactions usually only enriched the game for me. But now, nearly 15 years after beginning to play (I was only 14 then, now going on 29!) I am at last able to find enjoyment in this game in the spirit it was meant to be.

My knowledge of the game is not even remotely complete, even after all that time, so there is still plenty of wonder and mystery. The best part of that is though, I can sometimes play characters who perpetuate that wonder and mystery and bring the game world to life for other players and their beautiful characters, without really needing to reveal my identity or exploits at all. It's very much 'the zone' and I'm thankful for this amazing multiplayer world to escape into when the wonder and mystery of real life isn't so appealing.

KIA
Nothing wrong with that at all.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

Quote from: KIA on November 28, 2008, 05:24:27 PM

KIA

Hey man.

Glad you're still playing.
"You will have useful work: the destruction of evil men. What work could be more useful? This is Beyond; you will find that your work is never done -- So therefore you may never know a life of peace."

~Jack Vance~