Upcoming Allanak RPT this weekend

Started by Southie, January 24, 2008, 04:34:04 PM

This is totally and absolutely beautiful.

I hope the staff is watching the people who want to, beyond a measure of a doubt, just mount up and ride to this event, but can't cause of ic restrictions...  I hope they are happy...  :'(

J-Rod

Heh, I feel your pain, J-Rod. Can't be at every kick ass RPT.
Quote from: nessalin on July 11, 2016, 02:48:32 PM
Trunk
hidden by 'body/torso'
hides nipples

At this point, everyone in the camp would know that the commanders are essentially declaring victory in the campaign, and preparations are being made for most of the force to return home. There may be further, related missions at some point, which will be announced separately. IC board posts will be up soon reflecting what is generally known about what transpired.

I hope everybody enjoyed this. Especially those of you who didn't survive it. We'll miss you.
QuoteThe shopkeeper says, in sirihish:
     "I am closed, come back at dawn."

You say to the shopkeeper, in sirihish:
     "YOU ^*%$*% WORTHLESS SHIT."

You say, in sirihish:
      "Ahem."

That was such an epic ending. Seriously, right out of a movie or a book.

Great stuff everyone!

Also I hope this proves my theory that PvE wars can be just as fun, if not better than, PvP wars.

Is there any estimate when the return trip will be, though?

Return trip is pretty much an "on your own time" kinda thing. Consult your clan leaders for more info, quit out aboard appropriate wagons, etc.
QuoteThe shopkeeper says, in sirihish:
     "I am closed, come back at dawn."

You say to the shopkeeper, in sirihish:
     "YOU ^*%$*% WORTHLESS SHIT."

You say, in sirihish:
      "Ahem."

A super thank you to all who could attend this. That was _amazing_. You all did incredible jobs. Some of the best RP and char development I've seen. A special thank you to the Imms and Southie for likely pulling out their hair to get all of this put together, and anyone else I may not know of or forgot.

Fantastic!  ;D

I had a real blast this weekend with all of you. Thanks for the great play, and thanks for bringing your brainz. 

I totally played my role, as I'm sure others had to do and missed it or at least the best parts of it.

Ugh.

I just hope to be able to play in the next one.

J-Rod

I also hope that the Karma dispensers are being used for us...shameless plug to try and get karma, I know...

This RPT was amazing.  I am astounded and ecstatic that I was able to take part, even a little bit.
Quote from: Gimfalisette
The rest of you, if you see a blingy, buff brunette-blonde pair hanging out together pretty soon at your local bar, just...it's nothing. Move along. (Do not hit on them.)

Agreed, Immortals FTW!

Awesome rpt. Thanks to the players too.
For FantasyWriter:
Never again will I be a fool, I will from now on, wrap my tool.

Whichever Staff member emoted that beetle... You know the one. You rock.

Wow, that was really fun. Thank you, staff and players, for all of that.

I had a freaking blast, feeling groggy at work this morning was so worth it.
It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Awesome work, guys; wish I'd been around for more than the tiny bit I was.

Very nostalgic, too.
The sword is sharp, the spear is long,
The arrow swift, the Gate is strong.
The heart is bold that looks on gold;
The dwarves no more shall suffer wrong.

Quote from: RogueGunslinger on January 28, 2008, 06:00:22 AM
Whichever Staff member emoted that beetle... You know the one. You rock.

Bwahahahahahaha. Yeah, that was good.

I have to agree. Staff and player leaders, you guys did an absolutely incredible job organizing that and pulling it off.
The players who weren't leaders and just came along to do all the heavy lifting did a great job too, I saw some awesome rp and the atmosphere was killer. 
"But I don't want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.

"Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."

"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.

"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here."

What? Over?
I logged off 12AM EST for sleep :(, didn't know it was still going on? Or is that other event I only heard of IG that happened before than? I will see IG I guess.

Don't forget to send actual kudos through the request tool to the players of PCs that died, or the players of PCs who did a lot of hard work, or players of PCs whose roleplay you really enjoyed. Especially in the case of PCs dying, getting a kudos after can really help get past the loss of what might have been a beloved character.

Also, send kudos through the request tool to the imms. I am certain they like getting kudos too.
Quote from: Vanth on February 13, 2008, 05:27:50 PM
I'm gonna go all Gimfalisette on you guys and lay down some numbers.

Quote from: Gimfalisette on January 28, 2008, 07:31:49 PM
Don't forget to send actual kudos through the request tool to the players of PCs that died, or the players of PCs who did a lot of hard work, or players of PCs whose roleplay you really enjoyed. Especially in the case of PCs dying, getting a kudos after can really help get past the loss of what might have been a beloved character.

Also, send kudos through the request tool to the imms. I am certain they like getting kudos too.

For real.  People worked their asses off for this. Send kudos to the organizers and clean leaders, or your dead friends or whatever.
People of all ic classes worked their fingers to the bones for this, and got rewarded with a weekend without shower and possibly a dead character, I bet they'd love to hear about it if you actually enjoyed yourself.  I know there's enthusiasm on the board, but kudos just feel warm and fuzzy, it's way more personal AND ensures that it's on the record the staff can look at later.
"But I don't want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.

"Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."

"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.

"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here."

Can someone write up the events of the RPT for the in-game board?

Thanks.

Quote from: Gimfalisette on January 28, 2008, 07:31:49 PM
Actually, we have one big sticky on the Immortal Discussion Board that is like a collective refrigerator, where we paste up all the kudos we get. Staff kudos is really appreciated, and forever immortalized on the IDB for when we need our fix of warm fuzzy feeling.