"Academy"

Started by , April 14, 2003, 10:05:24 PM

Is there a specific "Templar Academy"? Or is the "Academy" in the helpfiles regarding Templars and just various other portions of life in the south the "Tor Academy" or is there some other one that they'd attend.

Thats all.

This sounds like an excellent question to ask a Templar, in game, to me...

Heh heh.

-Tlaloc
Tlaloc
Legend

Steepling his fingers together as he regards you steadily, the illustrious, pudgy templar says, in sirihish:
     "You wanted to know of the Academy? Come.. I'll show you."

*sounds of horrific screaming and wild pleas for mercy and salvation*

Shaking his head sadly, the illustrious, pudgy templar says, in sirihish:
     "They never seem to get past the entrance exam..."

I dont know what kind of templars you know, but templars arnt asked questions by commoners, they ask them :) anyways... guess Ill never know :)

I think you'd be surprised how approachable Templars can be. You just have to approach them in the -right- way...or catch them when they're particularly bored.
Tlaloc
Legend

Well Im kinda over it anyways, my character would have no reason to ask that ICly... he probably wouldnt even know about such things. I just got curious from a player standpoint after reading some helpfiles and wanted to know.

Yeah... please tell us?

I don't want to get punished for asking something my character has no reason for asking.

How about this:

Everyone knows about the Tor Academy.

If there is another Academy, it isn't so openly recognized.

Ask IC
Quote from: ZhairaI don't really have a problem with drugs OR sex
Quote from: MansaMarc's got the best advice.
Quote from: WarriorPoetIf getting loaded and screwing is wrong, I don't wanna be right.

The Tor Academy does not train templars.

Whoever does train templars must be sadistic SOBs given the way templars turn out, heh. But yeah, since they are taken in at a young age and not unleashed on the public until adulthood...something must be going on during that time.
Quote from: tapas on December 04, 2017, 01:47:50 AM
I think we might need to change World Discussion to Armchair Zalanthan Anthropology.

Quote from: "crymerci"Whoever does train templars must be sadistic SOBs given the way templars turn out, heh. But yeah, since they are taken in at a young age and not unleashed on the public until adulthood...something must be going on during that time.

Makes you really wish that Armageddon had 500+ players so that something like a templar academy could be played out in full ICly.  Start at the age of 13 and work up...  Kinda like Hogwarts, only, uh, not.

I actually would love that... if templars werent such a hush-hush class with great power. I picture a really scheming, political band of people. Struggle for advancement, like a Byn for the Highlord's Lackeys. Itd be great.