Vote!!

Started by Vox, April 14, 2003, 05:17:07 PM

How often do you check the discussion board without voting?

I vote every time I check the board
19 (55.9%)
I mean to but I always forget
7 (20.6%)
I can't be bothered to vote, I barely have time to read the posts
3 (8.8%)
What are we voting for?
5 (14.7%)

Total Members Voted: 32

Voting closed: April 14, 2003, 05:17:07 PM

The Votes have once again been reset on TopMudsites... So let's get busy people!

Without this post suddenly bursting into a flame, let me just say that I've checked out the other Muds and they don't hold a candle to Armageddon.

So, just click the Vote button everytime you come to check out the discussion board because it's time TopMudsites reflected the TOP MUD SITE. We're number one and we always have been, we're just too lazy to vote.

The Votes seem to reset randomly, but if we're consistantly voting, it won't matter and 'Vote!!' posts won't have to pop up anymore.  :D

What would be c00l is is the immortals would tie a bit of code to the vote buttons so that what account "witchman" voted a few points of karma would be added to his game account.  :-)

Actually, just lying about it and saying that the script was added would probably be just as effective (just like that little gem button on diablo).

Outtahere
 taste the sands.
I smell my death.
Is that the Mantis head?
Oh, fek!

First, I'd like to say voting constantly won't do any good except use up TMS resources probably. You get to vote once every twelve hours. No reason to really vote more often then that. Unless your cheating, and cheating isn't exceptable there, or here by the Staff as it's been stated before.

Should always be polite, just like posting links directly to a file isn't very polite to webmasters because it uses up their sites resources without people going to the site, constantly doing something that doesn't do any good probably isn't too nice either.

And... YOU SHOULD ALWAYS INCLUDE A LINK IF YOU ARE TELLING PEOPLE TO VOTE. Gosh.

Top Mud Sites

Creeper
21sters Unite!

Well, first off Creeps, I said we should vote... 'consistantly', not 'constantly.' There's a difference.  :wink:

Secondly, there are already TWO links clearly embedded in the Main Ginka page and on the very top of the Discussion Board.  As my post speaks to voting consistantly when we come to check the board it would be best if  people get used to clicking on the blue buttong that reads: VOTE, rather than expecting to find this post somewhere to acquire the link.

Thank you for pointing out that a vote will only be tabulated once every twelve hours, I forgot to include that.

Nobody is being impolite or is trying to cheat at anything... So, you may want to save the CAPS LOCK for another, more appropriate time.  :roll:

Lastly, it may be a good opportunity to point out that if the entire playerbase were to vote once every twelve hours and actually get Armageddon into the top TWO of the list it would dramatically increase the potential for acquiring more players... which is a VERY good thing.

I need an option between "I vote every time I check the board" and I never vote.  I check the board upwards of 30 times a day, but there would be no point in voting 30+ times per day.  I end up voting between 1-5 times per day, because I never remember exactly when the last time I voted was.

AC
Treat the other man's faith gently; it is all he has to believe with."     Henry S. Haskins

It's worth noting that most of the MUDs which regularly place in the Top 5 have much higher player populations than Armageddon. I would estimate their numbers at 2x-10x our playerbase. The fact that we place as high as we do currently speaks volumes. And, while I really like the idea of placing #2, I don't think it's gonna happen with our current number of players. I think holding #4 is a realistic goal, though.
Quote from: tapas on December 04, 2017, 01:47:50 AM
I think we might need to change World Discussion to Armchair Zalanthan Anthropology.

Another useful thing you can do is submit a review on TMS. That way, anyone who sees us up there in the top rankings and checks us out can see what we, the players, think of the MUD.

A few tips for reviews:
-Try to give concrete descriptions of what you like/dislike: "This is the best MUD ever" doesn't tell the reader why you think that.
-However, don't just list the features of the mud, i.e. crafting system, clans, etc. The point is to give your opinion or describe your experiences, not to duplicate what is listed elsewhere.
-Don't be afraid to say "I wish A, B, and C features were different." What you dislike may be the very feature someone else is looking for. Or, they may just find your candor refreshing. Or, if those things get changed, you can always submit another review down the line and say how great it is that the imms listen to our feedback.
-Don't badmouth other MUDs. For example, "I used to play XyzMUD but the head imm there is a real dickhead, so I shopped around and found Armageddon!" would be bad form.
Quote from: tapas on December 04, 2017, 01:47:50 AM
I think we might need to change World Discussion to Armchair Zalanthan Anthropology.

To see a large list of places you can submit reviews Go to Community Resources > Mud Resources, or just click here.

Bump!

We've dropped down to five!

Ahoy! All aboard the voting train!

I don't see this post in the General Discussion front page, what black magick bullshit is this? Probably going to show up once I post here though.

It didn't, crazy.