Author Topic: Idle complaints about today  (Read 2253485 times)

Pale Horse

Re: Idle complaints about today
« Reply #23400 on: October 03, 2014, 09:12:57 PM »
Ginka is less stable than usual, lately.
Quote from: Dalmeth
I've come to the conclusion that relaxing is not the lack of doing anything, but doing something that comes easily to you.

Barsook

« Reply #23401 on: October 03, 2014, 09:16:17 PM »
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

MeTekillot

« Reply #23402 on: October 03, 2014, 09:17:34 PM »
Yeah, I get randomly knocked out of the game for no reason.
Cons: Someone's gonna fill animal holes, likely day 1.

Case

• Helper
« Reply #23403 on: October 03, 2014, 10:04:20 PM »

DNS issues: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,48047.0.html
It's over TCP. That'd matter if we were connecting... but randomly dropping is not a DNS issue.

RogueGunslinger

« Reply #23404 on: October 03, 2014, 10:11:47 PM »
It's them damned solar flares. With that and Ebola the world is clearly ending.

solera

« Reply #23405 on: October 04, 2014, 03:56:13 AM »
Waking up to boobs which are about to explode.

In my sheltered upbringing, I never knew boobs leaked, until mine did.  For years, though the explosiveness only for months at a time.

Orin

« Reply #23406 on: October 04, 2014, 11:17:38 AM »

DNS issues: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,48047.0.html
It's over TCP. That'd matter if we were connecting... but randomly dropping is not a DNS issue.

Case is right.  Once you've resolved a name to ip, dns has no more use.  Keeping a reliable connection requires packets to be able to traverse multiple networks from point A to B.  I've done some of my own testing while being booted from the game, and I'm not sure if it is networking or systems at this point.

Next time you get severe lag, open up a terminal or command prompt and check a traceroute (or for windows, tracert) to ginka.armageddon.org.  If it dies somewhere along the way, it's a networking issue.  If it gets all the way there, it's probably a systems issue.  Unfortunately with networking, you can't control everyone's autonomous system, so if someone out there has the best path to ginka, and their network is oversubscribed (or any other reason their network sucks), there's not much that can be done.  The provider of ginka could prepend their AS PATH to their upstreams in order to have one path be preferred over another, or use other BGP black magic, but that's only if they have multiple upstreams.

Anyway, enough ranting.  Yes, I've also noticed some things too.  I thought maybe it was just a large backup that was occurring and taking up system resources, as it happened to me promptly at 1:00pm pacific time (usually cron jobs run on the hour, so...)
You notice: A war beetle squeezes out an Orin-sized ball of dung.

Gimfalisette

« Reply #23407 on: October 04, 2014, 11:24:00 AM »
So I got all ready to go to work this morning, because HARVEST so I work six days a week, and I get in my car and start to drive out of the neighborhood...THE WHOLE FUCKING NEIGHBORHOOD IS CLOSED OFF because of some FUCKING BIKE RACE. There is no way to get out of my neighborhood! I cannot go to work and do the work that needs to get done! They didn't give us any warning other than the usual "the bike path will be closed" (because duh, bike race), but in addition they have BARRICADED ALL THE EXITS FROM MY FUCKING NEIGHBORHOOD and there is LITERALLY NO WAY OUT.

There are at least 20 cars driving around the neighborhood right now, trying to get out, full of poor souls WHO JUST NEED TO FUCKING GET TO WORK. No one wants to WORK ON A GODDAMN SATURDAY anyway, and the barricades are just adding insult to fucking injury.

This is America and some asshole hipsters/bike nuts just stopped us from going to work. UGH FUCK YOU CALIFORNIA this would never happen in Texas! (In Texas someone would have driven over the barricades already in a giant truck.)
I'm gonna go all Gimfalisette on you guys and lay down some numbers.

Pale Horse

« Reply #23408 on: October 04, 2014, 12:50:06 PM »
So I got all ready to go to work this morning, because HARVEST so I work six days a week, and I get in my car and start to drive out of the neighborhood...THE WHOLE FUCKING NEIGHBORHOOD IS CLOSED OFF because of some FUCKING BIKE RACE. There is no way to get out of my neighborhood! I cannot go to work and do the work that needs to get done! They didn't give us any warning other than the usual "the bike path will be closed" (because duh, bike race), but in addition they have BARRICADED ALL THE EXITS FROM MY FUCKING NEIGHBORHOOD and there is LITERALLY NO WAY OUT.

There are at least 20 cars driving around the neighborhood right now, trying to get out, full of poor souls WHO JUST NEED TO FUCKING GET TO WORK. No one wants to WORK ON A GODDAMN SATURDAY anyway, and the barricades are just adding insult to fucking injury.

This is America and some asshole hipsters/bike nuts just stopped us from going to work. UGH FUCK YOU CALIFORNIA this would never happen in Texas! (In Texas someone would have driven over the barricades already in a giant truck.)

Was this coordinated by local authorities?  If not, you have total right to move those barricades out of the way.  If there is no other way out of the neighborhood it creates a risk of injury and life to anyone inside who may suffer from some accident or trauma and they cannot reliably get to medical attention or have medical attention reliably get to them
Quote from: Dalmeth
I've come to the conclusion that relaxing is not the lack of doing anything, but doing something that comes easily to you.

whitt

« Reply #23409 on: October 04, 2014, 01:29:22 PM »

Time roll the windows down and bring a little Texas to Cali-forn-I-A.

Be the Change.
Quote from: BadSkeelz
Ah well you should just kill those PCs. They're not worth the time of plotting creatively against.

Malifaxis

• Thoughts of the Sixth Age
« Reply #23410 on: October 04, 2014, 01:57:19 PM »

Quit trying to post like me.
Yes. Read the thread if you want, or skip to page 7 and be dismissive.
-Reiloth

Words I repeat every time I start a post:
Stop being shitty to each other.

MeTekillot

« Reply #23411 on: October 04, 2014, 03:49:24 PM »
They didnt give me sauce wiht my order. My day is ruined

MeTekillot

« Reply #23412 on: October 04, 2014, 09:39:40 PM »
I had an weird episode this morning while half-asleep because I thought I was a video game character and it was very stressful.

HavokBlue

• Helper
« Reply #23413 on: October 04, 2014, 09:44:48 PM »
which character

this is important
All the world will be your enemy. When they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

MeTekillot

« Reply #23414 on: October 04, 2014, 09:46:41 PM »
I was just me. I thought my life was a video game and I would be forever limited to misery because I can only perform as many actions as a controller would allow.

Case

• Helper
« Reply #23415 on: October 04, 2014, 09:59:15 PM »
I was just me. I thought my life was a video game and I would be forever limited to misery because I can only perform as many actions as a controller would allow.
welcome to marry

MeTekillot

« Reply #23416 on: October 04, 2014, 10:01:14 PM »
I don't know what that means but it was intense.

Barsook

« Reply #23417 on: October 04, 2014, 10:07:38 PM »
I think she meant married life.
Fredd-

MeTekillot

« Reply #23418 on: October 04, 2014, 10:08:33 PM »
Oh, thank you Barsook.

Anyway I hope it was just because I was really sleepy and not some manifestation of like, familial psychosis because my brother went kinda crazy and I don't want that to happen to me.

whitt

« Reply #23419 on: October 05, 2014, 03:33:44 AM »
Ah well you should just kill those PCs. They're not worth the time of plotting creatively against.

LauraMars

• Helper
« Reply #23420 on: October 05, 2014, 04:02:01 AM »
I've had a headache for 3 days

THREE DAYS.
Child, child, if you come to this doomed house, what is to save you?

A voice whispers, "Read the tales upon the walls."

Barsook

« Reply #23421 on: October 05, 2014, 07:41:05 AM »
Fredd-

whitt

« Reply #23422 on: October 05, 2014, 06:52:13 PM »
kid's (read wife's) pet rabbit died.   :'(

Kol

« Reply #23423 on: October 06, 2014, 07:41:11 AM »
Fuming right now.

From 3 jobs to one at 5 hours a week in two days. I could literally cry at this moment....
Quote from: BleakOne
Dammit Kol you made me laugh too.
A staff member sends:
     "Hi! Please don't kill the sparring dummy."

Desertman

« Reply #23424 on: October 06, 2014, 10:11:52 AM »

Gimf confirmed for living in Tuluk IRL. (Because barricades.)
My phone now autocorrects "damn" to Dman.
The young daughter has been filled.