Author Topic: Idle complaints about today  (Read 1998629 times)

triste

Re: Idle complaints about today
« Reply #29275 on: July 02, 2021, 02:04:16 PM »
America really needs to stop touting itself as the Land of the Free. I remember when I went back to SF months ago and tried to buy menthols and saw they were banned. I flipped my shit thinking, "Well at least this is only happening in San Francisco. And this is exactly why I moved out of my hometown, because I value liberty and individual choice! Yay state and municipal rights!"

But our president is so enamored with his private lobbyists or whomever to the point that this menthol ban is going nationwide, effectively kicking State's Rights in the gonads.

My mom died from smoking too much, and I am part black, I understand the talking points around banning menthols. But let's not be fascistic and ruin a country because we've decided to make doctors some sort of unelected ruling class among the Democratic* party.

"Liberal" states now have laws as restrictive as Utah. I am tired of feeling like I am living under the rein of a strange secular clergy that loves to take smelly dumps on liberty.

If you are American, STUDY HISTORY IF YOU WANT TO SAVE THIS COUNTY.

* Not dissing democrats, currently registered as one but going to register as independent next cycle because my old party is slipping into a Savanorola type mentality.
ARMAGEDDON SKILL PICKER THING: https://tristearmageddon.github.io/arma-guild-picker/
message me if something there needs an update.

triste

« Reply #29276 on: July 02, 2021, 02:17:22 PM »
Oh my god it looks like they might ban Djarums too.

It's one thing to oppress blacks, gays and strippers with a menthol ban, but fuckin with the liberties of my indonesians and goths too?!?!

Just ban all cigarettes or give a lump sum to Phillip Morris and their boring ass cigarettes you unenlightened fools. Just call this cronyism what it is.

(Trying to crack jokes here at a stupid situation, I'll shut up.)

(Open that Dust Runners role again I am ready to do it right and NOT get PKed)
« Last Edit: July 02, 2021, 02:19:42 PM by triste »
ARMAGEDDON SKILL PICKER THING: https://tristearmageddon.github.io/arma-guild-picker/

Barsook

« Reply #29277 on: July 05, 2021, 08:02:18 PM »
I got ANOTHER nail in my tire and most likely from the same rail road crossing and one that I CAN'T avoid.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2021, 08:21:00 PM by Barsook »

The7DeadlyVenomz

« Reply #29278 on: July 06, 2021, 06:27:06 AM »
Ugh. Nails ... such BS.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

Barsook

« Reply #29279 on: July 07, 2021, 04:53:33 PM »
Work is overwhelmingly busy :(

Ziel

« Reply #29280 on: July 12, 2021, 09:42:40 PM »
Anosmia since the day before Thanksgiving, and parosmia since February or March. I can’t remember how coffee is supposed to smell and taste.

Pariah

« Reply #29281 on: July 16, 2021, 05:39:55 PM »
Took about an hour to order my Steamdeck, first it kept saying my account wasn't old enough, but I've had it forever, then after it stopped with that mess, it kept erroring out.  Finally was able to toss the five bucks it's way and get my 512 reserved.

Hoping it's as good as they are hyping it up to be, but we will see.

Malken

« Reply #29282 on: July 16, 2021, 07:41:28 PM »
I can’t remember how coffee is supposed to smell and taste.

Smells divine and taste like shit.
“When I was a fighting man, the kettle-drums they beat;
The people scattered gold-dust before my horse’s feet;
But now I am a great king, the people hound my track
With poison in my wine-cup, and daggers at my back.”

triste

« Reply #29283 on: July 21, 2021, 10:09:57 AM »
I got woken up at 12:30 AM by two bros shining a maglite in my campervan saying "Hey Lady," but they fucked off when I rolled over and grabbed my shotgun and said in my roughest voice, "ASSHOLES."

I don't think there is a single female on the planet besides a crack whore who would respond positively to a dude hitting on them while shining a MAGLITE IN THEIR EYES jfc some people.

triste

« Reply #29284 on: July 22, 2021, 10:02:02 AM »
Putting all of this unpalatable rant in tiny text, optional sequel to the above.

the weird maglite perv bugged me again last night while I was *on the toilet* so I hunched over to cover my junk and just glared at him until he left me alone. Only reason I haven't moved is this place literally has the best temperature and internet access for a 50 mile radius.

This guy isn't that bad though what pissed me off most is some incel getting in the news for plotting to kill women again today. Violent incels make me want to go full fledged feminist vigilante. The number of times I have been violently assaulted by men who couldn't get laid? About five times (this isn't counting the two times a dude locked me in a room, literally only counting when men physically hit or chased me. Wait, it's six times not five. Eight if you call getting locked in a room violence.) twice landing me in the hospital. Dudes who either got pissed at me for not f--ing them or getting mad at me for f--ing a hot chick. I am pretty convinced that the only problem in this equation are violent men and not the females they want to hurt.

If you know anyone who identifies incel, or volcel, or talks like an incel, tell them to snap the f--- out of it, and if you're afraid to I am willing to help tell them *cracks knuckles*.

I am all for freedom of speech but we need to have freedom of speech + a return to the medieval dueling system. Philosophically opposed people could murder eachother in duels rather than post about it in online forums, it'd be great. I am already covered in battle scars and READY.

I am really sorry for this rant but it's sick and sad that traveling the United States as a lone transmasculine person has meant being harassed DAILY such that men watching me sleep with maglites, or barring doors and demanding I have sex with them which happened three weeks ago... are f--ing gentlemen compared.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2021, 10:17:35 AM by triste »

Pariah

« Reply #29285 on: July 22, 2021, 11:00:48 PM »
I was asked to take on additional responsibility at work, I said, sure to help you out till you find someone else who wants to do X, Y and Z.

Fast forward a few weeks, Multiple people have shown interest as I've spoken to them about how I'm just doing this one facet of the business temporarily due to them asking me and they are waiting for a replacement....

All those people speak to the big bosses, nothing happens, I inquire and get told:

"None of those guys are as good as you, we would be downgrading to award them the position."

I had to bite my lip to not say, "I don't want the position as I stated when I agreed to do this shit, I was just helping you..."

So apparently being helpful is not the right way to be...

Hauwke

« Reply #29286 on: July 23, 2021, 12:46:37 AM »
If you can easily line up another job, tell them you'll keep doing the thing if it comes with a significant raise. Your loyalty to them is only as important as a way to get money.

triste

« Reply #29287 on: July 26, 2021, 02:36:25 PM »
Never gonna stop trying to date straight girls no matter how much it hurts, it's kind of why I have put so much effort into passing as a man to begin with. Glad for my queer gals who are dtf but THE HEART WANTS WHAT IT WANTS.

love this silly community for putting in fiction some crap I cried about maybe three hours this weekend??? lol

Evilone

« Reply #29288 on: August 02, 2021, 11:48:47 AM »
I pick the worst time to go away for holidays and miss the Tuluki gates opening again! Back in a few days. Plus side I do get my Tyrael chest piece tattoo finished.
Death is only the beginning...

WarriorPoet

« Reply #29289 on: August 03, 2021, 08:35:13 PM »
Someone called the law on the old lady that I buy tamales from. Look, I KNOW her kitchen probably hasn't been inspected by the health department. I also know that her dogs probably watch her make the delicious barbacoa and menudo that I feast on.  I. Don't. Care.

Fuck the police.
We were somewhere near the Shield Wall, on the edge of the Red Desert, when the drugs began to take hold...

Barsook

« Reply #29290 on: August 04, 2021, 07:25:47 AM »
Came into to work to no Internet so I'm stuck on my phone reading a ebook.

triste

« Reply #29291 on: August 04, 2021, 09:34:05 AM »
one of my girls was sad and sending me texts at 3AM / three hours ago like "I wish everyone treated me like you do." I wish other people treated you well too and I am sorry I slept through your suffering last night babe.

Also my pet dog of 15 years is dying, a few days to a few months to live, but I am glad I will probably be able to get home in time to care for him some in his last days.

I just want the cuties I care for in my life to be well! I am the cutie protector.

Also RIP WarriorPoet's tamales I know that feeling I had a subway tamale man who got shut down a few years back. Fuck nanny state laws let's go full libertarian am i rite (jk not jk)
« Last Edit: August 04, 2021, 09:38:32 AM by triste »

Shaydee

« Reply #29292 on: August 05, 2021, 10:40:27 PM »
I hate 'morning' sickness.
The naked chubby winged halfling flaps its wings and blows you a kiss!

Pariah

« Reply #29293 on: August 05, 2021, 11:48:23 PM »
Pets dying is the worst, nothing loves you as unconditionally as a pet.  I've lost two in the past year, moving my group from six to four and one is having medical issues now.

th3kaiser

« Reply #29294 on: August 09, 2021, 12:23:32 PM »
Ugh, I feel you. Good luck Pariah, we have one in renal failure now.

th3kaiser

« Reply #29295 on: August 10, 2021, 11:42:25 AM »
Broke my toe getting ready for work this morning because I'm a clumsy jerk.

Baconbits

« Reply #29296 on: August 10, 2021, 12:03:42 PM »
Back pain and short bodies at work. Looking to be a long day.
Anything can be improved with the addition of bacon.

The7DeadlyVenomz

« Reply #29297 on: August 10, 2021, 07:33:54 PM »
Back pain and short bodies at work. Looking to be a long day.
This is every day for me, partner. Every motherfucking day. Haha.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

triste

« Reply #29298 on: August 12, 2021, 11:01:39 AM »
Petty complaint, no time to play Armageddon.

Doing well at work but I have coworkers in Hyderabad who have no regard for timezones so I get messages about work every hour of the day. Half of the requests are things other coworkers could help with but people know I am that sucker who will always rush to help. Also doesn't help that I am messing with some nocturnal ladies who need me thru the night so I am basically not sleeping.

I am gonna play this game SO HARD when I have the chance.

Barsook

« Reply #29299 on: August 14, 2021, 01:39:14 PM »
My favorite Mexican restaurant chain is now crap to the point of nicknaming it  El Cheapo Grande.