Author Topic: Idle complaints about today  (Read 1825931 times)

valeria

• I have a writing page.
Re: Idle complaints about today
« Reply #29225 on: April 07, 2021, 08:46:09 AM »
My sister's husband has had a cough for a few months.  They don't really believe that COVID is a big deal, and he's in his late 20s, so they figured he probably wasn't high risk or whatever.  He finally went to a doctor about it after it just kept going on.  Turns out he has lung cancer.  So that sucks.
A Kuraci regular shouts, in sirihish:
     "Bad move, fool!"
A Kuraci regular slashes a filthy grey rat on its body.

Brytta Léofa

« Reply #29226 on: April 07, 2021, 01:18:05 PM »
My sister's husband has had a cough for a few months.  They don't really believe that COVID is a big deal, and he's in his late 20s, so they figured he probably wasn't high risk or whatever.  He finally went to a doctor about it after it just kept going on.  Turns out he has lung cancer.  So that sucks.

Ugh ugh ugh UGH. Sorry, val.

I don't normally spill my guts on internet forums, but I can't talk to my friends about it because...

Infertility (or whatever, less-fertility-than-hoped-for) sucks in many and weird ways and is really hard to avoid stressing out about. Which is to say...sorry you're sad and stressed, and that's a very normal way to feel.
<Maso> I thought you were like...a real sweet lady.

Barsook

« Reply #29227 on: April 07, 2021, 07:07:35 PM »
I'm have the woe of being a Linux user.

WarriorPoet

« Reply #29228 on: April 07, 2021, 07:32:00 PM »
I get a lot of compliments on my handwriting.

Weird to complain about but yeah. Being big and bearded and tattooed, people come off like they are shocked that I don't just eat the pen.
We were somewhere near the Shield Wall, on the edge of the Red Desert, when the drugs began to take hold...

Wedi

« Reply #29229 on: April 09, 2021, 02:42:03 PM »
R.I.P. DMX

Ulga

« Reply #29230 on: April 09, 2021, 02:55:45 PM »
R.I.P. DMX
Ugh. Come on....

ARF! ARF!

Tranquil

« Reply #29231 on: April 09, 2021, 03:58:20 PM »
R.I.P. DMX

Not shedding too many tears for him.
You try to climb, but slip.
You plummet to the ground below...

The7DeadlyVenomz

« Reply #29232 on: April 09, 2021, 09:27:26 PM »
Damn, Dog. He tried ... but damn, drugs are a bitch.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

Veselka

« Reply #29233 on: April 10, 2021, 02:38:59 AM »
Say the people who likely contributed very little to any creative genre...

My idle complaint: sick of couch critics
Live your life as though your every act were to become a universal law.

--Immanuel Kant

WarriorPoet

« Reply #29234 on: April 10, 2021, 08:37:12 AM »
Got my first jab for the Rona vaccine yesterday. My body aches like hell today.
We were somewhere near the Shield Wall, on the edge of the Red Desert, when the drugs began to take hold...

Shaydee

« Reply #29235 on: April 10, 2021, 10:55:06 AM »
It annoys me how many people say PEMDAS when doing math to justify their answer, but they didn't even use/follow it correctly.
The naked chubby winged halfling flaps its wings and blows you a kiss!

James de Monet

« Reply #29236 on: April 10, 2021, 12:58:04 PM »
I don't normally spill my guts on internet forums, but I can't talk to my friends about it because...

It’s completely normal that the weight of unrequited dreams so central to your plan for your life overpowers the joy you feel for your friends’ happiness.  Don’t beat yourself up about that balance.  It’s a heavy burden to carry.  Your friends probably have plenty of people to share in their joy, even if you can’t be the one this time.  But dealing with those issues often feels like being so, so alone.  Partially because even the people you do feel comfortable sharing it with give the worst kinds of comfort.  (Not for lack of trying, but it’s hard to understand why saying things like “It’ll happen eventually!” or “Kids are a lot of work anyway!” or “You’re so lucky!  You can go out whenever you want!” would hurt if you haven’t dealt with it yourself.)

I’m sorry you’re going through that, Maso.  But even if it feels like it, you aren’t alone.  I don’t know that I have any real advice to offer except - be kind to yourself, and (for you and your partner), be kind to, and honest with, each other.

Congrats on your wedding!  And if you’re thinking of starting treatments, I might save that till after.  They can be an emotional roller coaster.  I’d recommend reveling in the joy of that day without all the added hormones, etc, if you haven’t already started down that path.

All the hugs.
You know I think if James simply retitled his thread "Cheese" and apologized for his first post being off-topic, all problems would be solved.

Maso

« Reply #29237 on: April 10, 2021, 01:01:54 PM »
All the hugs.

Wow. Thank you so much for that. That was really sweet.
emote pees into your eyes deeply

I don't always act superior... but when I do it's on the forums of a text-based game

Veselka

« Reply #29238 on: April 11, 2021, 03:22:29 AM »
It's been a hard year for everyone. I'm not sure this is a complaint as much as an observation.

I've been thinking about 'Our Generation', and I know that's different for everyone who plays this game. In my instance, I'm 34 years old, and started playing ArmageddonMUD when I was about 15. My mother was involved with some very early internet MUSH kind of 'Performance Art' theatre, where she inhabited the role of the Monkey General and renditions of freeform improvisational theatre would be performed. As a teenager I was always impressed with the cool factor of my mother, and I checked out MUSH and MUD based on her recommendation. It was funny because I was playing Everquest at the time, and she asked me if I had heard of the more text oriented versions. Safe to say, I haven't looked back since...

(Example of some of the performances from 1994 onwards -- http://yin.arts.uci.edu/~players/orph1.html)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plaintext_Players

I lost my mother to cancer in November of 2019...She was diagnosed in October, just a month previous, it was Stage IV, and there was little that could be done as far as treatment. I spent three precious weeks with her, caring for her as she once spent a lifetime caring for me, distilling life to its most basic roots.

Then the pandemic hit, and on the day we were supposed to have her memorial, the world seemed to shut down. It was slated for March 15th, 2020, and I became ill with Coronavirus on that very day. We had cancelled the memorial a week earlier.

COVID sucked, but I survived, and though I was about a minute away from going to the hospital, managed to get better. Once I got better and I was able to reopen my business, I got back on the horse and plowed through. Luckily business was better than ever, so vastly different an experience from other mom and pop small businesses that shut down permanently. I interacted with strangers every day, unable to see my close friends, unable to really experience grief as I should.

Through it all though, I just can't imagine going through it as so many families have had to, distant, over an iPad, saying goodbye to my mother who I was so close with at arm's length. I was with her every step of the way, from diagnosis until she passed. This is truly such a traumatic time...I urge everyone to be just a little more forgiving, a little more compassionate, and a little more understanding. Go the extra mile.

How much you know about me:
<---->

How much is going on:
<--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->

Idle complaint, over and out.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2021, 03:29:54 AM by Veselka »
Live your life as though your every act were to become a universal law.

--Immanuel Kant

Brytta Léofa

« Reply #29239 on: April 11, 2021, 02:12:47 PM »
Thanks for this, Veselka.
<Maso> I thought you were like...a real sweet lady.