Author Topic: Idle complaints about today  (Read 2203504 times)

triste

Re: Idle complaints about today
« Reply #29450 on: January 20, 2022, 08:36:34 AM »
Cracked the code: born female, but pass as a man. Born a mixture of twelve different races, but when I lose my tan in the winter I pass as white.

If any of you meet a female who is thinking of transitioning to male in the next decade, and they have a chance of passing, please warn them that their life will become a Kafka-esque nightmare where you can be a literal, factual hero but only be perceived as a villain.
ARMAGEDDON SKILL PICKER THING: https://tristearmageddon.github.io/arma-guild-picker/
message me if something there needs an update.

Brytta Léofa

« Reply #29451 on: January 20, 2022, 12:13:07 PM »
Hope you get well quick.
<Maso> I thought you were like...a real sweet lady.

triste

« Reply #29452 on: January 20, 2022, 12:40:38 PM »
I feel fine, I just want to find a place to quarantine so I don't make others suffer.

Pro tip to fellow Tan Muarki, stock your wagon full of water because that's always the first provision to go and you never know when the plague might get ya.
ARMAGEDDON SKILL PICKER THING: https://tristearmageddon.github.io/arma-guild-picker/

Hestia

• Storyteller
« Reply #29453 on: January 20, 2022, 10:02:04 PM »
Please remember this is IDLE complaints about today.  That means - you got a hangnail. Or a customer yelled at you. Or you had to send back your entree because there was a hair in it, and the waiter brought a new entree that wasn't cooked enough so you left without tipping and now you feel guilty.

That's "idle."

WarriorPoet

« Reply #29454 on: January 20, 2022, 10:20:04 PM »
My son is 15 and has been hanging out with a girl. Quite a bit. Now her parents want to have dinner with me and the wife. Ugh. I don't like meeting new people. I am sure they are nice folks and I get why. But come on, people. He is a good kid. Well mannered, genuine, endlessly positive. I know this. I raised him. Why you gotta drag me into this?!

(Idle?)
We were somewhere near the Shield Wall, on the edge of the Red Desert, when the drugs began to take hold...

Barsook

« Reply #29455 on: January 21, 2022, 08:04:09 PM »
I'm getting more moodier and moodier as time goes by...

MeTekillot

« Reply #29456 on: January 21, 2022, 11:21:52 PM »
I feel like a bear tonight. Caffeine crash?
Cons: Someone's gonna fill animal holes, likely day 1.

triste

« Reply #29457 on: January 24, 2022, 09:21:48 AM »
trying to make this complaint idle, my besties in highschool were a ukrainian lesbian and a russian lesbian and just like in highschool, today, I am begging Russia to CHILL OUT

what aforementioned highschool friends and I bonded over a lot was metal music. my metal music loving german gf forgave me two days ago and now what I need is for LITERAL WAR not to fuck up germany and potentially my relationship again

Apparently I love what war and conflict does to the psyche of a woman but holy fucking shit I hate war itself.

sucre

« Reply #29458 on: January 24, 2022, 10:53:17 AM »
trying to make this complaint idle, my besties in highschool were a ukrainian lesbian and a russian lesbian and just like in highschool, today, I am begging Russia to CHILL OUT

what aforementioned highschool friends and I bonded over a lot was metal music. my metal music loving german gf forgave me two days ago and now what I need is for LITERAL WAR not to fuck up germany and potentially my relationship again

Apparently I love what war and conflict does to the psyche of a woman but holy fucking shit I hate war itself.

your besties in high school were t.A.T.u?!  ;D
Peace is a lie, there is only passion.

triste

« Reply #29459 on: January 24, 2022, 11:05:14 AM »
Let's not make generalised, sweeping, discriminatory statements about people from specific countries. Thanks. - Usiku

yes besides Rammstein and shit we would sing T.a.t.Y. or however they capitalize that shit thanks for calling us out
« Last Edit: January 25, 2022, 03:22:59 AM by Usiku »

Halcyon

« Reply #29460 on: January 24, 2022, 04:04:36 PM »
Dear job recruiters,

I've been supporting customers and sold technical software for over 20 years.  If you dont think this gives me some credibility to support your customers and software, you should rethink what the heck you are doing.

Srsly,
Me
Its the end of the world as we know it, and I feel fiiiiiine.

Brytta Léofa

« Reply #29461 on: January 24, 2022, 04:15:28 PM »
Recruiting/hiring is so screwed up that it feels intentional (but it's probably not).

Barsook

« Reply #29462 on: January 24, 2022, 04:30:36 PM »
So true, I think I had more outsourced recruiters from India then from USA.

Riev

« Reply #29463 on: January 25, 2022, 10:31:46 AM »
New responsibilities at work. but being trained by someone who only just learned how to do them a couple months ago.

I hate fucking up when I do work, and I'm bad about reminding myself that its new, and you'll figure it out. I want to get it right, the first time. :(
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

Barsook

« Reply #29464 on: January 28, 2022, 01:04:19 PM »
I feel like I'm out competing my new co-worker since they seem not to not care as much to the point of not even having proper PPE on, including steel toes.

They aren't going to last long.

Barsook

« Reply #29465 on: February 02, 2022, 04:27:09 PM »
I get a day off from work tomorrow because of the weather BUT I don't get paid for it. So lame.

WarriorPoet

« Reply #29466 on: February 03, 2022, 12:45:46 AM »
They cancelled for everyone BUT my crew for tomorrow because of a massive snowstorm. So I get to show up for no reason except my boss is a greedy piece of shit that has to justify his own useless fuck existence.

Hurrah.
We were somewhere near the Shield Wall, on the edge of the Red Desert, when the drugs began to take hold...

Barsook

« Reply #29467 on: February 03, 2022, 03:42:56 PM »
While I get to miss another day, I don't get paid for it.

Barsook

« Reply #29468 on: February 24, 2022, 09:10:45 AM »
I'm starting to burnout at work.

Shaydee

« Reply #29469 on: February 27, 2022, 02:39:23 PM »
I miss my husband.  Can't wait for him to come home and meet our little Jellybean..    :-\

And I really shouldn't even complain because I know others who's spouse has to be away for even longer. It sucks no matter the length of time.
The naked chubby winged halfling flaps its wings and blows you a kiss!

Brytta Léofa

« Reply #29470 on: March 03, 2022, 12:25:40 PM »
Thursday!--

The time of week when I add new (additional) reviewers to all my outgoing code reviews to supplement the folks that ain't responded for 3+ days.

WarriorPoet

« Reply #29471 on: March 03, 2022, 03:29:17 PM »
Trashed my back at work. Went to the doc for some vicodin and a few days off to rest. Confirmed.

Pharmacy has to drag their feet filling my Rx because opioid epidemic. Bro. I am sympathetic but I'm not a junkie or hustling for meds. I just want to lay down without my back hurting.

Brytta Léofa

« Reply #29472 on: March 03, 2022, 05:00:08 PM »
Trashed my back at work. Went to the doc for some vicodin and a few days off to rest. Confirmed.

Condolences. I have a very small amount of comes-and-goes back pain and it stinks.

The Gruffalo

« Reply #29473 on: March 03, 2022, 05:51:42 PM »

Pharmacy has to drag their feet filling my Rx because opioid epidemic. Bro. I am sympathetic but I'm not a junkie or hustling for meds. I just want to lay down without my back hurting.

Pharmacy's always a shit about my meds if I try to refill them any sooner than 28 days apart, plus I have to take a piss test every 3 months.

The need is legitimate and being treated like a junkie is annoying as fuck.
Though this world is made of fearsome beasts that bark and bite
We were born to put these creatures through one hell of a fight

sucre

« Reply #29474 on: March 03, 2022, 08:04:15 PM »

Pharmacy's always a shit about my meds if I try to refill them any sooner than 28 days apart, plus I have to take a piss test every 3 months.

The need is legitimate and being treated like a junkie is annoying as fuck.

You have to understand, though, that y'all are exceptions to the rule. I've worked pharmacy, both long-term care, and retail, and abuse is rampant.

The 28 days might be just your insurance company, too... and on top of that, many meds are on back order due to the pandemic. :/
Peace is a lie, there is only passion.