Author Topic: Idle complaints about today  (Read 2361060 times)

MeTekillot

Re: Idle complaints about today
« Reply #29425 on: December 09, 2021, 03:31:33 PM »
Cast not your pearls before swine, Sook.
Cons: Someone's gonna fill animal holes, likely day 1.

th3kaiser

« Reply #29426 on: December 09, 2021, 04:06:50 PM »
Cast not your pearls before swine, Sook.

What a super weird turn of phrase. Why would you ever throw pearls on the ground to begin with?

ArmaJunkie

« Reply #29427 on: December 09, 2021, 07:03:05 PM »
Nevermind!

« Last Edit: December 09, 2021, 08:00:02 PM by ArmaJunkie »

Jihelu

« Reply #29428 on: December 09, 2021, 07:11:06 PM »
What.

triste

« Reply #29429 on: December 11, 2021, 08:45:47 AM »
My ex girls in vegas have apparently figured out my new girlfriend's number and have threatened to "roll" her, and the new girlfriend told them "bring it."

While having hot muscle girls fight over me is definitely a twisted dream come true, I would like it if none of these chicks get hurt, really.
ARMAGEDDON SKILL PICKER THING: https://tristearmageddon.github.io/arma-guild-picker/
message me if something there needs an update.

Barsook

« Reply #29430 on: December 13, 2021, 05:00:32 PM »
Gas pumps and credit cards don't seem to mix for me.
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

Brytta Léofa

« Reply #29431 on: December 14, 2021, 12:48:55 AM »
Want to be murderin' y'all but I'm working instead. :'(
<Maso> I thought you were like...a real sweet lady.

MeTekillot

« Reply #29432 on: December 14, 2021, 02:40:45 AM »
Dating is difficult.

Also overtime is tough.
Cons: Someone's gonna fill animal holes, likely day 1.

WarriorPoet

« Reply #29433 on: December 14, 2021, 10:13:32 AM »
3/4 of the crew is gone and the assholes in management refuse to recognize that productivity drops when there is no manpower to sustain it.
We were somewhere near the Shield Wall, on the edge of the Red Desert, when the drugs began to take hold...

triste

« Reply #29434 on: December 14, 2021, 10:22:38 AM »
Sounds like you're working for Bezos!

Gripe: Last two times I've had my period I've gotten in a screaming fight the day before like a fucking stereotype

most catastrophic thing about losing my phone is losing my calendar data which allows me to predict this shit
ARMAGEDDON SKILL PICKER THING: https://tristearmageddon.github.io/arma-guild-picker/

Brytta Léofa

« Reply #29435 on: December 14, 2021, 12:51:55 PM »
Oh no mister Bezos, I don't wanna write no more code.

Been realizing, partly as the result of a shitty code review from a stranger, that once I've invested a certain amount of effort or energy in a thing I stop being open to anyone else having ideas about it. :D

So I spent 4 hours last night refactoring my thing. Because my coworkers are in fact smart and, for the most part, not trying to make things harder just for kicks.
<Maso> I thought you were like...a real sweet lady.

Riev

« Reply #29436 on: December 14, 2021, 02:26:02 PM »
3/4 of the crew is gone and the assholes in management refuse to recognize that productivity drops when there is no manpower to sustain it.

Why does it take MONTHS for you to get me these parts I ordered?
We're beholden to the factory. We keep ordering parts but they don't have them.
Well I'm going to go online and find one.
Okay.
*10 minutes later*
Hey so uh... put me down for three of those parts.

Meanwhile, management:
Hey you keep ordering like $10k a week in parts, but you're only billing out 6k. We're losing 4 grand a month!
Kind of. They're not shipping us complete orders, so we can't bill the customer. That 4 grand is on orders, we just can't complete them.
You should get parts in faster.

Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

Barsook

« Reply #29437 on: December 15, 2021, 09:42:10 AM »
I can't focus today.
Fredd-

Ammut

« Reply #29438 on: December 27, 2021, 10:31:23 PM »
Not so idle of a complaint...

My mother has advanced multiple sclerosis.  Today I had to accompany her to an appointment halfway across the city while there was snow and ice everywhere.  While we got there ok and the dental surgery happened as planned, right afterward her O2 level dropped as did her heart rate.  It was a panic moment of "oh shit was this the final thing that took her down".  After an hour of stress and an emotional roller coaster, she was cleared and I accompanied her home.

I am drinking myself stupid tonight because I thought I was going to lose a parent.

Wday

« Reply #29439 on: December 28, 2021, 09:20:54 AM »
Not happy where I live.
Well that almost worked.

triste

« Reply #29440 on: December 28, 2021, 09:38:09 AM »
Sorry about what y’all are going through.

WarriorPoet

« Reply #29441 on: January 06, 2022, 10:30:12 AM »
High fantasy.

I mean, I love it most of the time but sometimes books, DnD campaigns, and games get so far-flung things are just alien.
We were somewhere near the Shield Wall, on the edge of the Red Desert, when the drugs began to take hold...

Jihelu

« Reply #29442 on: January 06, 2022, 06:41:29 PM »
High fantasy.

I mean, I love it most of the time but sometimes books, DnD campaigns, and games get so far-flung things are just alien.
How so?

WarriorPoet

« Reply #29443 on: January 06, 2022, 07:12:16 PM »
High fantasy.

How so?

Just personal preference and unfamiliarity. Once we stray out of your stock dwarves, elves and halfling, I am honestly out of my depth. I find it hard to remember wtf a Genasi or Tiefling is or why I should care. Or the eagle guys. Arcocri? Yeah. I am down for exotic races but most of the time they seem to be played/written as either shrieking banshees or  just humans that can fly or whatever else without any special vibe other than skillset. Maybe Arm bas spoiled me by the racial differences being harped on and enforced but so well-realized.

Dan

« Reply #29444 on: January 06, 2022, 08:28:28 PM »
High fantasy.

How so?

Just personal preference and unfamiliarity. Once we stray out of your stock dwarves, elves and halfling, I am honestly out of my depth. I find it hard to remember wtf a Genasi or Tiefling is or why I should care. Or the eagle guys. Arcocri? Yeah. I am down for exotic races but most of the time they seem to be played/written as either shrieking banshees or  just humans that can fly or whatever else without any special vibe other than skillset. Maybe Arm bas spoiled me by the racial differences being harped on and enforced but so well-realized.

You just remined me how cool dark sun tieflings are...

The people of the desert settlements have much to fear from the wastes. Predators snatch livestock and children, sandstorms destroy homes, and the punishing heat and scarce water make life miserable. However, all these dangers pale before the merciless desert devils that emerge from the night, bent on murder and mayhem. They are remorseless raiders, taking no slaves and leaving no survivors. They are the tieflings, and they are death incarnate.

Tieflings are descended from humans who bargained with dark powers for the strength to survive on Athas and destroy their enemies. Most tieflings lurk on civilization’s fringes in nomadic bands, drifting through the wastes in search of victims to rob and kill or hiring themselves out as vicious mercenaries. Small bands sometimes settle in the city-states, where they find work as enforcers, overseers, gladiators, and assassins. In cities where status is determined by personal merit, tieflings can become templars or rise to the nobility.

Many tieflings believe that they carry a blood debt – the price to be paid for their ancestors’ bargain – and face an eternity of torment unless the debt is paid in their lifetime. Some assume that the debt can’t be paid and live in debauchery while they can, whereas others lead lives of virtue in the hope of breaking their patron’s hold. The most dangerous tieflings are those who believe that their debt must be paid in blood, and that each soul they send into death reduces their own burden.
It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

WarriorPoet

« Reply #29445 on: January 06, 2022, 11:16:23 PM »
Awesome doc. Punk rock. If I could see it played believably and consistently it would etch itself into my heart and brain.

I hope I'm not coming off as ripping on anyone. This is a personal hangup. Not docs or story or any particular character.

Barsook

« Reply #29446 on: January 13, 2022, 05:04:09 PM »
I got baited for going to my local bank branch due to a courtesy call for an offer. Luckily it's on my way home.

ETA: Is it by a or due to a?
Fredd-

WarriorPoet

« Reply #29447 on: January 14, 2022, 05:55:09 PM »
I almost ran over a crackhead. I was doing 15ish in a 30 mph zone because I saw the dude geeking along the side of the road. I was almost to him when he bailed out in front of me. If I hadn't been watching him already I would have hit him. Wtf, dude? He yells at me "Pedestrians have the right-of-way!"

Inertia doesn't care about that. You may be correct but you are still a stupid, careless asshole.

triste

« Reply #29448 on: January 18, 2022, 01:56:49 PM »
So tired of constantly being right about shit, being doubted and disrespected by weenies, and getting no respect when it turns out I was right.

I got hella shade last Friday for keeping geeky levels of distance at a party. One of the girls who literally said "OMG why don't you come closer!!!" literally ended up testing positive for COVID the next day.

Has anyone said sorry to me for all the shade and shit? Nope. They're still gonna think I am a wack dork even though I knew there were some careless germ shedders there. Even though I WAS RIGHT. Don't get me started on technical decisions at work, same thing plus add a lot of credit stealing.

Anyway my ass has to get tested for COVID every day now just because not everyone knows how to be legit. One nice thing about this pandemic era is even half brained normies might (might) finally realize how stupid socially pressuring people is.

triste

« Reply #29449 on: January 20, 2022, 08:16:00 AM »
Yep caught it and tested for it yesterday.

All the sloppy chicks involved aren't sorry for me at all, they are like "Why aren't you sorry for MeeeEEEE!" Uh y'all are the ones who KNOWINGLY SPREAD THE PLAGUE

My job won't do crap to help me and has weird racist policies where East Indians get hella COVID assistance while Americans don't. Wow unlike most American coders and like most East Indian coders I have a family living in poverty in a densely populated city, stop being racist and cover my hotel. Or uh... Yeah keep being weird and discriminatory, ___redacted company I love but is treating me like shit right now___.

Closest thing I've gotten to love is work asking me volunteer more. "You did a great job representing ___huge tech company I want to believe is moral but probably isn't__ and judging that robotics tournament, can you do it again?" "We're starting a pilot program to recruit minority and low income coders, can you please speak and represent us again as one of the few fully self taught coders at this company?"

At least I'll always have my pride as being one of the few truly, TRULY self-made people on this entire fucking planet. The only person who ever looked out for me was my mom and she died when I was young. I'll just bitterly be glad for what I've earned and the way in which a complete lack of empathy for me my ENTIRE life has made me strong.

I don't know why I am posting here when you all hate me too.

happiness isn't something half-breeds can hope for