Author Topic: Idle complaints about today  (Read 2361145 times)

MeTekillot

Re: Idle complaints about today
« Reply #29400 on: November 14, 2021, 01:10:39 AM »
Upon some reflection, rescinding a rant written here.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2021, 02:32:49 AM by MeTekillot »
Cons: Someone's gonna fill animal holes, likely day 1.

Barsook

« Reply #29401 on: November 14, 2021, 07:57:45 AM »
I feel you even without knowing what you ranted about.  I have my own rants.
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

triste

« Reply #29402 on: November 16, 2021, 09:34:50 AM »
Traveling the country and coming back to Seattle to be greeted by 32°F and rain.

Because it's a liberal western city, naturally the power is out half of the places I go. It was like when I was standing at a bus stop during Seattle snowmageddon, ankle deep in snow (because west coast liberals don't own plows), being pelted in freezing rain next to a lady who just kept chanting "This is hell." Yes it is!

My snobby Seattle elite coworkers always wonder how I get so much work done while traveling. To start, not living in hell frozen and flooded over helps...
ARMAGEDDON SKILL PICKER THING: https://tristearmageddon.github.io/arma-guild-picker/
message me if something there needs an update.

triste

« Reply #29403 on: November 17, 2021, 09:17:24 AM »
So tired of hoes (non sexist statement since I am referring to a dude and a chick here) getting manic and quitting their jobs after going on 2 or 3 dates with me. That is a guaranteed way to make me disappear. I find independence sexy and dependence unsexy. At no point have I ever told these hoes, you know what a good idea is? Quitting your job and relying on me. Nope, nope, I sure as fuck NEVER said that.

And then when I patiently explain that what they did is stupid, they get all critical of me for working so hard and having multiple jobs. Like if you were actually concerned about that why didn't you tell ME to quit one of MY jobs instead of quitting your own.

I wish I could give a personality test to people I date rather than finding out they are histrionic parasites through their actions.

I only truly love one of these people I've been seeing because she is a busy AF baller like me and given that we're gradually getting to new milestones like traveling together at the end of the month I am hoping that relationship gets more real. She and I feel like predatory cats in a world of stupid passive mice sometimes, everyone laughs at me for dating chicks who are "scary" and "look like they will stab you" but honestly I have been told I am scary myself my whole life too and I know how to assort myself.

Gimme dat predator girl who abruptly texts me "Everyone is stupid and I miss you" and sends me the goods, not these victims who only know how to take.
ARMAGEDDON SKILL PICKER THING: https://tristearmageddon.github.io/arma-guild-picker/

Barsook

« Reply #29404 on: November 17, 2021, 11:47:11 AM »
I'm tired of the disorganized workplace that I work at.
Fredd-

Brytta Léofa

« Reply #29405 on: November 17, 2021, 12:54:21 PM »
Boss: "Anybody want to be the point of contact for <giant, perhaps tragically doomed initiative>? Probably 15-50% of your time."
Me: <looks around> <raises hand>

I needed to either get out of the current (fairly comfortable) rut or change jobs, so, yay. But I know I'm going to regret this frequently. :D
<Maso> I thought you were like...a real sweet lady.

triste

« Reply #29406 on: November 18, 2021, 09:21:45 AM »
Matt Gaetz Seeks Barely Legal Male Monica Lewinsky

I am neither a Democrat nor a Republican, but I know "Helping the country in additional ways" in D.C. often means getting on your knees and   :o

Again gun owners and Republicans are upstanding people who deserve so much respect,  but language fellas!

Barsook

« Reply #29407 on: November 21, 2021, 05:13:49 PM »
My bluetooth keyboard's battery did indeed die from idling.
Fredd-

triste

« Reply #29408 on: November 23, 2021, 04:02:34 AM »
Three of my gfs in vegas want to do something bad to one of my gfs in pdx because the gf in pdx gave me some convincing evidence that one of my gfs in vegas is married. One of the girls in vegas actually fucked up by spilling the beans about this to pdx girl. The two other vegas girls seem to suspect that the third spilled the beans, and all four of these chicks have been losing their minds about this texting me at all hours about it the past two days.

I am just cracking up because the crap these gangsta chicks are saying about "knowing who to trust" and "needing to know who they can keep near" is right outta Zalanthas. It's literally been like talking to three chicks outta Red Storm saying "Who is the person in Luir's saying our pack leader is a secret Nilazi, we need to know." I am like the half-elf fuckup in the middle sobbing about banging a secret Nilazi and just avoiding name dropping at all costs so that someone doesn't end up a corpse in the desert.

Don't get wrapped up with the Russian and Italian mobs, kiddos.

triste

« Reply #29409 on: November 23, 2021, 04:25:20 AM »
[cringey joke]Like forreal I am giving up on you secret gicker / slipknives and dating my commoner ex in AllanakSF who I hooked up with two weeks ago or maybe one of my TulukSeattle exes, you Luir'sPDX and Red StormVegas girls of ill repute were wild, fun and convenient for a minute but I can't handle the sleazy secrets.[/cringey joke]

Just try to sleep and stop thinking about how a backstab could mean instadeath.

I promise to shut up if you https://topmudsites.com/vote-sanvean.html

triste

« Reply #29410 on: November 23, 2021, 04:50:55 AM »
Because continuing to be awful is a kink of mine, east coast supremacists can use the cities New York (Tuluk), Atlantic City (Luir's), D.C (Nak) and Miami (Red Storm) in north-south order. I'll be damned if I ever spend significant time on the east coast, but traveling has taught me that the entirety of America is a layer cake of regulation and disregulation, it's why people like KRittenhouse cross state lines to fite. Also sorry I don't have global examples, I am a stupid American, much like illiterate Zalanthans.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2021, 04:58:53 AM by triste »

Barsook

« Reply #29411 on: November 23, 2021, 06:01:26 AM »
Web comics that update once a week are no fun because you want to know what is going on.
Fredd-

Jihelu

« Reply #29412 on: November 23, 2021, 09:08:39 AM »
Finding substitute to Soda that aren't just water is hard.

Most Lemonades are so full of sugar I might as well be drinking soda

Sweet teas aren't much better.

I drink a fuck ton of water but I want alternatives damnit x.x

triste

« Reply #29413 on: November 23, 2021, 01:26:42 PM »
Black coffee and tea dude. Friend of mine who is an ex pro bike racer is doing that 16 hour fasting diet (I think Iiyola has done this for a while, I just started) and coffee and tea doesn't break fast.

Low calorie sweetners like monk fruit, etc will break fast, but if you need your drinks sweet monk fruit is nice.

Jihelu

« Reply #29414 on: November 23, 2021, 02:08:09 PM »
Monk fruit sounds fancy might try that.

As for coffee: I'm trying to avoid caffeine and I'm not a huge fan of the taste to begin with so decaf is meh

As for tea: I guess I could learn to enjoy unsweet tea but also the caffeine thing. Decaf tea might be fine.

MeTekillot

« Reply #29415 on: November 23, 2021, 02:16:59 PM »
Soda water and lime/lemon juice. If you want to be a fancy boy, buy them and fresh squeeze. Just go easy at first so you don't overwhelm your palate.

I personally drink a lot of spiced green tea and black tea.

I spice with coriander, cardamom, and sometimes cinnamon and nutmeg. If I'm feeling frisky, a drop of peppermint oil.

Caffeine is also an antioxidant.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2021, 02:19:37 PM by MeTekillot »

WarriorPoet

« Reply #29416 on: November 23, 2021, 03:30:41 PM »
My wife uses mason jars to do infused waters. Cucumber, lemon, lime, strawberry, all sorts. I really like the citrus flavors but she gets pissed if I steal them.

Easy prep, store overnight, yummy and healthy.
We were somewhere near the Shield Wall, on the edge of the Red Desert, when the drugs began to take hold...

sucre

« Reply #29417 on: November 23, 2021, 09:12:38 PM »
Monk fruit sounds fancy might try that.

As for coffee: I'm trying to avoid caffeine and I'm not a huge fan of the taste to begin with so decaf is meh

As for tea: I guess I could learn to enjoy unsweet tea but also the caffeine thing. Decaf tea might be fine.

Zevia.
Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
There is no room for doubt in power. -TJA, 5/20/22

Jihelu

« Reply #29418 on: November 26, 2021, 08:19:02 PM »
Was helping get Christmas decorations out of the shed

I knew there was a step. The problem was the root on the ground.

Twisted my ankle bad.

Currently can't put weight on it.

May have fractured it

Lmao

Other idle complaint: Started doing keto. I work with my dad and we usually pick up food from a gas station on the way home on Thursdays (We stay out of state M-T) instead of eating somewhere with real food. Downsides: There basically isn't shit for me to eat at a gas station unless I feel like eating jerky. At least at restaurants I can order meat or something.

triste

« Reply #29419 on: November 27, 2021, 04:41:27 PM »
Well, I tried to update the guild picker to reflect the new subguilds, but I cannot even upload or deploy the changes. Git is as dead as a doornail right now:

This is why Microsoft shouldn't be allowed to own anything. This is why people hate tech monopolies (but please spare my company it is a good monopoly).

I'll keep checking the status of Github over the weekend and update this when able.

Barsook

« Reply #29420 on: November 27, 2021, 07:14:50 PM »
I have to use wireless Internet connection and it's so because I'm a Linux user and my wired can't connect for some reason.
Fredd-

triste

« Reply #29421 on: December 03, 2021, 09:15:01 AM »
The two party system in America is fucking stupid and needs to be abolished.

If you are an American who doesn't agree with the above, hear me out and see the light:

Imagine you believe in the most core tenant of American values. FREEDOM. For this thought experiment imagine you own a uterus if you don't already.

The Democratic party won't grant you freedom because they tax and mandate you to death.

The Republicans won't tax and mandate you to death, UNLESS you own a uterus in which case fuck your freedom.

Therefore there is NO PARTY in America that represents your interests if you are a woman who wants to be free in this country.

Thanks for coming to my TED talk. Fuck America and the "no one can be free" party and the "only white cismen can be free" party.

~ Founder of the Libertarian Lesbos party. I should just set sail on a ship like my pirate ancestors or my fave GoT character yara SO I CAN SLAP ASS IN PEACE.

MeTekillot

« Reply #29422 on: December 03, 2021, 01:06:42 PM »
Car is on the way out. At least I have a decent job to save for a new one.

Barsook

« Reply #29423 on: December 05, 2021, 05:21:41 PM »
People, please drive better.
Fredd-

Barsook

« Reply #29424 on: December 06, 2021, 11:19:36 AM »
My standards are way too high for the workplace that I work at
Fredd-