Send More Kudos!

Started by Troicha, December 16, 2007, 02:11:46 AM

Quote from: Vessol on December 17, 2007, 05:02:25 PM
And staff kudos, I never know who to thank  :-[.

With staff kudos, just put in, "Whoever animated the NPC bartender at the Gaj on Saturday the 12th" or "Whoever ran the imm stuff for the Kadius RPT on the 3rd" or etc. They'll figure it out.
Quote from: Vanth on February 13, 2008, 05:27:50 PM
I'm gonna go all Gimfalisette on you guys and lay down some numbers.

I guess I better start sending out kudoes too.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

Quote from: Vessol on December 17, 2007, 05:02:25 PM
I have not sent any lately, I need to do that sometime, I am really enjoying playing my character right now, more than any character as of late. And staff kudos, I never know who to thank  :-[.

Send a general kudos or use a reference to the event.
Any questions, comments, or condemnations to an eternity of fiery torment?

Waving a hammer, the irate, seething crafter says, in rage-accented sirihish :
"Be impressed.  Now!"

Alright I will defiantly have to send a kudos to a recent event a week or so ago. Thanks for the help.

I am not staff, so take what I saw with a grain of salt, but you should realize that the staff has to sort and send all these kudos.  They have to match names and sdescs to to accounts and bang off an e-mail.  I am not saying don't send kudos, but you are likely to make someone grumpy if they find 100 kudos that need to be sent out in the morning with stuff like "that emote when you smoked that spice was pretty good".  I guess what I am saying is that you are making work for someone else, so if you are going to send one off to someone who isn't staff, maybe you should make sure it is worth while.  I don't mean to rain on anyone's parade, just realize that it takes a someone a little work to push these things through.

Quote from: Rindan on December 17, 2007, 11:31:52 PM
I am not staff, so take what I saw with a grain of salt, but you should realize that the staff has to sort and send all these kudos.  They have to match names and sdescs to to accounts and bang off an e-mail.  I am not saying don't send kudos, but you are likely to make someone grumpy if they find 100 kudos that need to be sent out in the morning with stuff like "that emote when you smoked that spice was pretty good".  I guess what I am saying is that you are making work for someone else, so if you are going to send one off to someone who isn't staff, maybe you should make sure it is worth while.  I don't mean to rain on anyone's parade, just realize that it takes a someone a little work to push these things through.

I'll chime in here to say that kudos shouldn't be sent for small stuff. The only thing worse than no kudos would be kudosaturation. I want kudos to continue to mean something.

Agreed. Don't send Kudos just to send Kudos. That would ensure that they will always have a backing when you send them.
Quote from: Shoka Windrunner on April 16, 2008, 10:34:00 AM
Arm is evil.  And I love it.  It's like the softest, cuddliest, happy smelling teddy bear in the world, except it is stuffed with meth needles that inject you everytime

Oh please, people. Some of you have never sent any, or send like 2 a year. The point is, SEND MORE THAN THAT. Sheesh.

Quote from: Gimfalisette on December 17, 2007, 11:45:51 PM
Some of you have never sent any, or send like 2 a year.

and how do you know that?

HUH?!  DATA QUEEN?!?!?!
some of my posts are serious stuff

Quote from: Ghost on December 17, 2007, 11:50:21 PM

HUH?!  DATA QUEEN?!?!?!

• Ghost - 2 kudos sent since 2005, not counting the last week
  • Gimfalisette - 11 kudos sent since 2005, not counting the last week

Kudos make me blush and giggle in a school girlish kind of way.
Quote from: H. L.  MenckenEvery normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.

Quote from: Ghost on December 17, 2007, 11:50:21 PM

HUH?!  DATA QUEEN?!?!?!

I stole one of those all-seeing eye things (palantir or something? whatever) from SoI. So I KNOW.

December 18, 2007, 01:57:19 AM #38 Last Edit: December 18, 2007, 01:58:52 AM by staggerlee
I surely don't think it hurts to send Kudos.
At very, very worst you're making someone feel better about their play.

Don't lie, but if you rp semi regularly with someone and enjoy it, rarely rp with someone but saw them participate in a really cool scene, or whatever, tell them why. Hell, let them know if you love their description.   Speaking as  a fairly new player here: How else are we supposed to know when something we're doing is right?

Make sure you're honest and that you use their name and sdesc and I'm sure the hassle the imms receive will be worth the benefit of actually making someone else feel good about their rp.  I mean, they put the tool in for a reason.  And their posts in the past have always encouraged, not discouraged kudos sending.  I don't think "excessively positive feedback" is a big problem for the community.  This isn't an economy, the influx of nice comments isn't going to flood the market and devalue them people!

Every time I've received one I've hit the mud with a renewed vigor, just knowing someone enjoyed rping with me. 

And I'm going to try to find excuses to send a bunch more, just to spite all you people.   
"But I don't want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.

"Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."

"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.

"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here."

I got a kudos once, and it was deeeelightful.

I'm ashamed to admit I've never given back. Sending en masse.

I agree. Send more kudos. Kudos are nice. Kudos are cool. And if you have a reason to send one - do it. IMMs would not give us a tool to send them in if they didn't mean us to...well...send them.  ;D

I believe that Gimf sent me kudos but I think she doesn't know it! Ha!
Varak:You tell the mangy, pointy-eared gortok, in sirihish: "What, girl? You say the sorceror-king has fallen down the well?"
Ghardoan:A pitiful voice rises from the well below, "I've fallen and I can't get up..."

Quote from: Barzalene on December 18, 2007, 06:09:58 PM
I believe that Gimf sent me kudos but I think she doesn't know it! Ha!

It's entirely possible I did. Just because I wanted one of your characters dead doesn't mean I don't like you as a player :)

In fact, if you didn't like me as a player, you probably wouldn't have cared enough to kill my pc.

They say imitation is the highest form of flattery, but that's just cause it's in real life it's so hard to enjoy your own murder.

But still, Ha!
Varak:You tell the mangy, pointy-eared gortok, in sirihish: "What, girl? You say the sorceror-king has fallen down the well?"
Ghardoan:A pitiful voice rises from the well below, "I've fallen and I can't get up..."

Kudos are awesome! Just got my first one. Thanks whoever you are. They make you really feel appreciated, like your character actually means something. And it lets you know if you are playing decently or at least seem like you are trying to. Even if you do typo every freaking emote say and tell, like I do.

Yeah, I just got a kudos too and I feel guilty I don't send out many, even to those who deserve it. I'm going to send them sometime, I swear  ;D

You made my day, person. Thanks.  (Consider this a "bump." :D )
The sword is sharp, the spear is long,
The arrow swift, the Gate is strong.
The heart is bold that looks on gold;
The dwarves no more shall suffer wrong.

I'm still waiting for my well-deserved kudos. *glares*  >:(
"When I was a fighting man, the kettle-drums they beat;
The people scattered gold-dust before my horse's feet;
But now I am a great king, the people hound my track
With poison in my wine-cup, and daggers at my back."

Quote from: Malken on January 09, 2008, 05:09:02 PM
I'm still waiting for my well-deserved kudos. *glares*  >:(

Kudoes...I did like your most recent character....My character LOVED to hate him...But I as a player truly appreciated having him around for my character to hate. lol

I can appreciate a good antagonist for my PC's, they make them worth playing.
Quote from: James de Monet on April 09, 2015, 01:54:57 AM
My phone now autocorrects "damn" to Dman.
Quote from: deathkamon on November 14, 2015, 12:29:56 AM
The young daughter has been filled.

I haven't gotten kudos in a year.
I wonder if that's a bad thing... ???