Send More Kudos!

Started by Troicha, December 16, 2007, 02:11:46 AM

Quote from: bcw81 on May 20, 2015, 01:16:10 PM
Quote from: hopeandsorrow on May 20, 2015, 12:04:06 PM
Sometimes I get annoyed when everyone seems so damn nice.

Then I get really annoyed when there is one person who seems to think since everyone is being so nice, they've got to dial "cut your tits off" to 11.

It's like the player base is bi-polar.
Rule number 1: Don't fuck with me.
Rule number 2: Don't fuck with those who can fuck with me.
Rule number 3: Leave the gates on your own and I'll flay you alive, string you up by your toes, and let your lungs hang over your shoulders until dead.

Ah, I miss the Byn.

You'll get yours someday. ;)
There is a candle in your heart, ready to be kindled. There is a void in your soul, ready to be filled. Can you feel it?  Can you?
- Rumi

Quote from: Tetra on May 30, 2015, 09:13:13 PM
Quote from: bcw81 on May 20, 2015, 01:16:10 PM
Quote from: hopeandsorrow on May 20, 2015, 12:04:06 PM
Sometimes I get annoyed when everyone seems so damn nice.

Then I get really annoyed when there is one person who seems to think since everyone is being so nice, they've got to dial "cut your tits off" to 11.

It's like the player base is bi-polar.
Rule number 1: Don't fuck with me.
Rule number 2: Don't fuck with those who can fuck with me.
Rule number 3: Leave the gates on your own and I'll flay you alive, string you up by your toes, and let your lungs hang over your shoulders until dead.

Ah, I miss the Byn.

You'll get yours someday. ;)
<3 u bb

QuoteA female voice says, in sirihish:
     "] yer a wizard, oashi"

I've put off a kudos for a year(ish) and got around to it yesterday. It's one of those characters that I want to know OOCly because I feel we'd have deep, but hilarious conversations.

I've stopped sending kudos to people a while ago.  This was unfortunate.  The current process is more than a bit cumbersome, and requires way too much staff intervention.  Something streamlined.

I refuse to believe that the bright, hard-working people who successfully streamlined the rest of the Request process are unable to streamline this as well.

Come on, Staff!  We're counting on you here!

What's cumbersome about it? You put the name, sdesc, and whatever else you want to say.

I, too, have never viewed it as cumbersome.

Just hard to remember to do.
She wasn't doing a thing that I could see, except standing there leaning on the balcony railing, holding the universe together. --J.D. Salinger

Maybe the fact that you have to alt tab over to another window for it?

I guess it'd be pretty cool if you could use the kudos system from in-game. That way when someone does something awesome you could be like :O kudos ~player OMG THAT WAS AWESOME and you don't have to remember to do it later.

Nobody went for my Monday Kudos funtimes, so screw kudos!

I have a feeling that my Tuesday Player Complaints will be a lot more popular.
"When I was a fighting man, the kettle-drums they beat;
The people scattered gold-dust before my horse's feet;
But now I am a great king, the people hound my track
With poison in my wine-cup, and daggers at my back."

Quote from: aeglaeca on June 03, 2015, 05:43:25 PM
Maybe the fact that you have to alt tab over to another window for it?

I guess it'd be pretty cool if you could use the kudos system from in-game. That way when someone does something awesome you could be like :O kudos ~player OMG THAT WAS AWESOME and you don't have to remember to do it later.

This.

They should make it like typo or bug where you can add a player as a target, then there isn't the whole deal with sdescing them required, because code.
<19:14:06> "Bushranger": Why is it always about sex with animals with you Jihelu?
<19:14:13> "Jihelu": IT's not always /with/ animals

I wouldn't mind if it required less to say in order to send a kudos. I'd send a lot more if I could just send something simple to a player like... Hey, player of Amos: I think your character is well played and I have fun with him. Kudos for blah blah something Amos did.

I'm not sure I could write a paragraph for every kudos I send, so I shy away from sending them to begin with.

Quote from: Alesan on June 03, 2015, 10:22:47 PM
I wouldn't mind if it required less to say in order to send a kudos. I'd send a lot more if I could just send something simple to a player like... Hey, player of Amos: I think your character is well played and I have fun with him. Kudos for blah blah something Amos did.

I'm not sure I could write a paragraph for every kudos I send, so I shy away from sending them to begin with.
You don't have to send a paragraph in?
ALl of my kudos that have been given were less than two lines.
Normally
"This player did X and that made my experience better, Kudos to them" and maybe I explain why it helped me as a player or something.

Thats it basically.

I sent someone a Kudos and it was the Kudos of death. They either logged or stored.

Quote from: KankWhisperer on June 03, 2015, 10:29:00 PM
I sent someone a Kudos and it was the Kudos of death. They either logged or stored.
I haven't been able to play the last few days.  I'll be back for more kudos soon.
<19:14:06> "Bushranger": Why is it always about sex with animals with you Jihelu?

You don't need to write a paragraph. You can write one sentence, so long as it actually has meaningful content. For example, "I like your character" would not make for a meaningful kudos. Whereas, "Your emotes are colorful, your characterization is deep, and you plot the craziest plots ever," is a meaningful kudos.
Quote from: Decameron on September 16, 2010, 04:47:50 PM
Character: "I've been working on building a new barracks for some tim-"
NPC: "Yeah, that fell through, sucks but YOUR HOUSE IS ON FIREEE!! FIRE-KANKS!!"

Quote from: Talia on June 03, 2015, 10:43:43 PM
You don't need to write a paragraph. You can write one sentence, so long as it actually has meaningful content. For example, "I like your character" would not make for a meaningful kudos. Whereas, "Your emotes are colorful, your characterization is deep, and you plot the craziest plots ever," is a meaningful kudos.
Which is exactly why you folks should make kudos a command like bug and typo.

That way it's one less thing to have to go into the request tool for.

Quote from: Asmoth on June 03, 2015, 10:46:09 PM

That would not make staff's job in resolving kudos any easier or less time-consuming. We need the request in the request tool.

TBH, I pay almost no attention to bugs, typos, and ideas. Far too busy doing other stuff that absolutely must get done. If kudos were an in-game command like that, they also would not get done, because there is very little tracking on those.
Quote from: Decameron on September 16, 2010, 04:47:50 PM
Character: "I've been working on building a new barracks for some tim-"
NPC: "Yeah, that fell through, sucks but YOUR HOUSE IS ON FIREEE!! FIRE-KANKS!!"

Quote from: Talia on June 03, 2015, 10:48:31 PM
Quote from: Asmoth on June 03, 2015, 10:46:09 PM

That would not make staff's job in resolving kudos any easier or less time-consuming. We need the request in the request tool.

TBH, I pay almost no attention to bugs, typos, and ideas. Far too busy doing other stuff that absolutely must get done. If kudos were an in-game command like that, they also would not get done, because there is very little tracking on those.
And that explains why none of my typos get fixed lol

To all you Sekrit Santas out there... Don't know what to give for the holidays?  Send More Kudos!

Tell that person character/staffer that has made your IG experience a little more fantastic thank you for the holidays!

It costs almost nothing (Thank you staff for delivering!) and will guarantee a smile every time one is opened.  Every.  Time.

Quote from: BadSkeelz
Ah well you should just kill those PCs. They're not worth the time of plotting creatively against.