Send More Kudos!

Started by Troicha, December 16, 2007, 02:11:46 AM

As the title says, send more kudos. Kudos are important, they make the receiver feel warm, fuzzy, and appreciated, which is especially important when you appreciate them. I know of AT LEAST one recent player who had decided to quit, but changed his mind after recieving kudos from another player after a string of intense scenes.

Kudos are important.

Send more kudos!

I'll send kudos when you deserve kudos, krathdamnit.

Just be sure to do that, instead of claiming on the GDB that you will, and then forgetting or being too lazy.

Encourage a noob by sending kudos. Sure, their emoting isn't that great and they don't know anything about the game world, but they are TRYING SO HARD. Let them know that you OOCly appreciate them for daring to attempt this most challenging, most rewarding of MUDs.

Encourage a leader by sending kudos. Let them know you see their efforts to make the game more fun and more involving for you.

Encourage a clannie by sending kudos. Let them know it brightens your gaming day to see them online.

Etc. Just do it. There are no good reasons not to send kudos.
Quote from: Vanth on February 13, 2008, 05:27:50 PM
I'm gonna go all Gimfalisette on you guys and lay down some numbers.

Gimfy never sent me a kudos :( I quit.
"When I was a fighting man, the kettle-drums they beat;
The people scattered gold-dust before my horse's feet;
But now I am a great king, the people hound my track
With poison in my wine-cup, and daggers at my back."

Quote from: Malken on December 16, 2007, 02:54:46 AM
Gimfy never sent me a kudos :( I quit.

Well, for the record, you didn't send me kudos either :)

But enough kvetching! Just go send some kudos!

Guys, guys, guys.

Let's not argue. I think that what we clearly need to do here is listen to Gimf's advice, band together, and send me lots of kudos.
Brevity is the soul of wit." -Shakespeare

"Omit needless words." -Strunk and White.

"Simplify, simplify." Thoreau

I've never gotten kudos. So.... You can watch I am Legend and CRY for all I care! Do. I dare you.
Quote from: Shoka Windrunner on April 16, 2008, 10:34:00 AM
Arm is evil.  And I love it.  It's like the softest, cuddliest, happy smelling teddy bear in the world, except it is stuffed with meth needles that inject you everytime

I got some kudos this morning.

Made me happy.

December 16, 2007, 01:30:55 PM #9 Last Edit: December 16, 2007, 01:32:26 PM by Rarsh
There should be 'stupidos' too, for people whose only contribution to the GDB is constantly whining, 'There's no helpfile on that!'

But, um, there's no helpfile on 'kudos'.

UPDATES, TWO SECONDS LATER: Ah-ha! The web request tool! Ignore me.

I should get lots of Kudos because I really enjoy playing with all my pcs.

Can I send them to myself?
Varak:You tell the mangy, pointy-eared gortok, in sirihish: "What, girl? You say the sorceror-king has fallen down the well?"
Ghardoan:A pitiful voice rises from the well below, "I've fallen and I can't get up..."

You could try it...
Arm is evil.  And I love it.  It's like the softest, cuddliest, happy smelling teddy bear in the world, except it is stuffed with meth needles that inject you everytime

Quote from: Rarsh on December 16, 2007, 01:30:55 PM
There should be 'stupidos' too, for people whose only contribution to the GDB is constantly whining, 'There's no helpfile on that!'

But, um, there's no helpfile on 'kudos'.

UPDATES, TWO SECONDS LATER: Ah-ha! The web request tool! Ignore me.

you amuse me
some of my posts are serious stuff

Quote from: Maybe42or54 on December 16, 2007, 12:27:10 PM
I've never gotten kudos. So.... You can watch I am Legend and CRY for all I care! Do. I dare you.

How many have you sent? According to my data... :D ...my ratio of sent to received kudos is 2.5:1 currently. So maybe you just need to send some, and that helps remind people in general to send kudos.

There have been times when I've neglected to send kudos for a PC I love, and then that PC dies, and I keep procrastinating, and I never send the kudos. And that's really a bummer, to remember months later that the other player didn't get kudos because I was a schlump :(

Well.. So far.. it seems like I'm 8 and 0. So.. Bleh.. I should RP sometimes instead of twinking it out.

In my total times of playing I have sent 3 and received 0.

Don't forget staff kudos either....

>drop pants
You do not have that item.

This reminded me that I had a lot due, so sent them out en masse before I forgot to let people know that I loved them  ;D
Previous of note: Kaevya the blind Tor Scorpion, Kaloraynai 'Raynai' the beetle Ruk, Korenyire of SLK, Koal 'Kick' the hooved Whiran, Kocadici/Dici/Glimmer, Koefaxine the giant Oashi 'Aide', Kosmia 'Grit' the rinthi
Current: Like I'd tell you.

I'll admit I tend to only send kudos after I've had a particularly memorable scene with a PC or they're a new player who seems to be putting a ton of effort into their PC. I feel like I often slack on sending kudos to people for being consistent--clan leaders who make my OOC life easier, for one.

I remember I was in a particularly stagnant spot with a PC--not quite contemplating storing, just not quite enjoying it as much as I used to. Then I checked my email after about half a month of not doing so and discovered two kudos that I'd completely missed. Looking over what other people liked about my PC and focusing on those facets of her personality aided quite a bit in breaking the monotony.
And I vanish into the dark
And rise above my station

I always hold out until characters die.

That said I need to send some :P
I tripped and Fale down my stairs. Drink milk and you'll grow Uaptal. I know this guy from the state of Tenneshi. This house will go up Borsail tomorrow. I gave my book to him Nenyuk it back again. I hired this guy golfing to Kadius around for a while.

Just got my first-ever kudo.  :o

Thank you, person!
The sword is sharp, the spear is long,
The arrow swift, the Gate is strong.
The heart is bold that looks on gold;
The dwarves no more shall suffer wrong.

I have 99 bottles of kudos on the wall.
Child, child, if you come to this doomed house, what is to save you?

A voice whispers, "Read the tales upon the walls."

People should keep making these topics, because I forget unless someone mentions it on the GDB.

*sends kudos*
Quote from: Fathi on March 08, 2018, 06:40:45 PMAnd then I sat there going "really? that was it? that's so stupid."

I still think the best closure you get in Armageddon is just moving on to the next character.

I have not sent any lately, I need to do that sometime, I am really enjoying playing my character right now, more than any character as of late. And staff kudos, I never know who to thank  :-[.

I sent one just the other day.
Telling the Truth Where Others Hush.